A question about expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gone

I was wondering since Im considering in the future a couple years from now wearing 24/7 how much of an expense is diaper wearing per year?

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
It's pretty much a math problem contingent on your diaper of choice and your frequency of changes. Easy enough to figure $3-4 (let's say $3.50) per day and then multiply it out. Comes out to under $1,300 per year. I'd figure for additional emergencies and assume $1,500 as a round estimate. The social cost seems more significant to me, but then again, I'm not that keen on longer term usage.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you're going to wear 24/7 and want to avoid the expense, go cloth, especially if you are just wetting. Obviously, you have to have access to your own washing machine. You also have the initial expense, plus washing, but it will be less expensive.

pamperchu

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I would say at most I spend $60 a month on diapers wipes, powder. IM 24/7 for about 3 years. I save alot of money by buying diapers at thrift stores and using baby diapers as stuffers.

mrmark

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I think that, unless you have a large income (which I assume you don't as you asked the question!), you have to accept that full time diapering is going to take up a significant chunk of your income regardless of whether you use cloth, disposable, good quality or economy diapers. And if you choose to be irreversibly incontinent as I did you will have to find that money no matter what other changes there are in your financial affairs. You may be able to afford it now but but what about in 10 years times, what if you lose your job? Dealing with your incontinence will be your first financial priority over paying yoru mortgage or heating your house. You will still need to pay for it. I don't mean to put you off, just bear it in mind.

Gizmoman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
yeah 60 bucks sounds about right. 24 for Tena underwear. 18 for depends. 2.50 for wipes. more if i can get some better diapers than depends tho. 60 70 dollars would be average for me

polarbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
That might be "about right" for someone who "don't always wear diapers" but there's no way it's right for someone who has to wear 24/7. Two packs each of Tena underwear and Depends are not going to keep someone dry and comfortable for a month.

trojanman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
you also need to consider there are other costs. wipes, powder, rash cream, lotion. they all cost money and if you go 24/7 (or just wear more frequently) you will go through all that stuff a lot faster. and that stuff can start to add up too (but the diapers are still the most expensive part)

plus you will be putting out more garbage, which in some places also costs extra money
(I live in toronto and we are taxed depending on the size of our trash bin)

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
DF spends more than he would care to admit on diapers every month. At least $100.

incon50

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I spend about $1500 a year on diapers and supplies. I often use cloth at night so that cuts down on the explicit cost.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
By my new diapering system, yearly costs will ring me in under $850.
After taxes:
.44 (First Quality adult diaper, medium) x3 a day. Per year: $481
.48 (Huggies Overnites, size 5) x2 a day. Per year: $350

I could cut down on $145 of that by using a 12 hour change schedule, but that takes way too much planning. The FQ + Huggies combo can handle well over half a day without danger of leaking, it just keeps swelling and still absorbs rapidly. High performance with a low budget. :) As long as both are available, I'm sticking with it for life.

checkingoutall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
As you have already read, the cost will change for each of us. There are many factors that each of us have to consider. These factors will determine how much you spend.
1. How often can I change?
2. Mail Order of Local Store?
3. Do I want to cut back on some fluids so I don't have to change as much?
4. Supplies, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby oil, baby powder etc.
5. Bedding protection - disposable or washable?
6. If I use cloth diapers, what is the cost to wash and dry?

These are just some of the things that each of us have to consider. There are more but I just wanted to give an example to show that a set dollar amount can't really be placed on having to wear diapers. Because we are all different, our cost are going to be different.

I do like the point that what will we do if we loose our jobs? When incontinent it becomes very hard to go with out diapers unless you want to wash everything in your house all the time.

So ask yourself this - Am I willing to change my quality of life to wear diapers 24/7? Some of us have no choice. We have to make the best of what we are dealt with and enjoy life by not letting our diapers get in the way.

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
If you're going to wear 24/7 and want to avoid the expense, go cloth, especially if you are just wetting.

What kind of cloth (i.e. brand, and thickness, and pin or velcro) do you wear?

funkybeanie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i'm leaning on the side now of having to wer and not by choice, i got a fright the other day when i went to a local pharmacy and they were outa stock!
it's now made me consider buying bulk and buying online, i too would now be on this cusp that you are now referencing - Social implications of wearing 24/7
i think i'll build my life around wearing 24/7 just the same as a one legged man would . it's much apart of us as our skin colour or eye colour deal with it and move on .
nice tip on working out the maths for us there BTW

waslost1234abc

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
My insurance covers 180 diaper(4 large bags)(complete urinary and fecal incontinenence) a month and 90 doublers...I'm not sure on the retail price for the tena brand which is what I'm trying out through my medical supply company(10 th one I have went through since I was younger)

I also buy the cushies brand for roleplay purposes but those I buy for fun so they don't count...

I also buy the depends maximum protection(a name brand my insurance doesn't cover) which are plastic backed because one I love the crinkle and two they have been my favorite for a long time...after I stopped fitting into baby diapers... then I remember using an off brand youth size...until I fit into the small/medium depends....

What you will pay depends entirely how often you change what brand where you buy them etc....I suggest you talk to a few people before you go through with this...I had an abdl friend who decided to forgo the potty for 6 months straight...he stopped wearing when he noticed that his body was getting used to going in a diaper where ever when ever...later that evening he was at a friends house for a party and he had the extreme urge to go pee he said he was getting ready to put his soda down on the counter to rush to the bathroom and his bladder decided it was time to go right there...he wet his pants in a room full of about 15 people and never lived it down...it took him about a month to have normal bladder function and he had three more accidents(fortunately not as public) after that and had urgency issues...

Just really think about it...usually more trouble than its worth...

allen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I spend about $1500.00 a year when you add in gloves, wipes,chux and ect.Insurance
won't pay unless I go on disability.

Status
Not open for further replies.