A new "twist" to cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChooChoo69

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
For a snug fit with cloth diapers try laying your diaper out and twisting it length wise a half turn before pinning it on.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Yes, this is commonly call the Bikini Fold or Bikini Twist Fold. I've tried it, and while I like the added mobility (less waddle -- sometimes desirable), I find it uncomfortable to sit on because the crotch portion of the diaper turns into a disorganized wad of fabric. If you can afford a varied stash, I'd recommend contours and a booster pad instead.

Most of the time, I enjoy a bit of waddle, so I don't mind the traditional prefold folds.

ChooChoo69

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like the waddle, too. Part of the fun of wearing diapers is the variety of ways to fold them.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
That's what I do when I wear cloth at night. Works very well to prevent leaks.
For a snug fit with cloth diapers try laying your diaper out and twisting it length wise a half turn before pinning it on.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Yes, this is commonly call the Bikini Fold or Bikini Twist Fold. I've tried it, and while I like the added mobility (less waddle -- sometimes desirable), I find it uncomfortable to sit on because the crotch portion of the diaper turns into a disorganized wad of fabric. If you can afford a varied stash, I'd recommend contours and a booster pad instead.

Most of the time, I enjoy a bit of waddle, so I don't mind the traditional prefold folds.

I agree with Cottontail that the twist would be uncomfortable. I usually wear my contour diaper with a booster in the
afternoons. I find if you have to it's easier to put on a pair of jeans or shorts if you need to go outside.
I don't wear them in public though. I prefer my prefolds for overnight wear.

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Was hanging out in a disposable, and decided to try this since my cloths are soaking anyway. Love it! Am using 2 Changing Times birdseye. 1 as a soaker. Very thick, but comfy! I had heard of this fold but never tried it. I thought it would be uncomfortable. Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.