a makeshift diaper that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I made a makeshift cloth diaper. You need a mattress cover lying around. I'm sure theres a better word for it, but i cant think of it. Anyway its the sheet you put on first that streches underneath the bed. You cut the sides off the sheet. Then, you cut 2 peices that are 20 in by 20 out of the material. You then cut them into the shape of a disposable diaper. Use both peices at once and put on with pins. I would use two trashbags for plastic pants. Wash like any other cothing and use it again :)

I may post a pic, but im kinda wearing it right now lol.

JustInCase

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Sounds like that might work pretty well. I don't think I'll try it though cause I don't want to cut my matress pad. When ever I'm out of disposables I usually just take a towel and fold it up like a diaper then use a trash bag over it, a towel can hold a crazy amount, although it is extremely bulky.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Its worth getting a new matters cover for diapers vs using old matteres cover and getting a new one for the bed. that way u can think of what cover would make the best diaper

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Or you could just buy some diapers :p LOL. Actually when I was in my teens I used to make diapers out of a towel, kleenex, and a tall white kitchen garbage bag. I'd use masking tape as the tapes. It workd pretty well at the time. When I was 16 and could drive I started to go one or two towns over and I'd buy the biggest Pampers they made at the time. They didn't fit all the way but I could put underwear on over them and that worked pretty well.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
If you're going to put all that effort into it, why not go buy some fabric at a fabric store? Just buy a couple of lengths, you can still use the bags for plastic pants if you want, but I would really invest in some plastic pants if I were you,

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I made a makeshift cloth diaper. You need a mattress cover lying around. I'm sure theres a better word for it, but i cant think of it.
It's a fitted sheet, then comes the top/flat sheet. A mattress cover is like a extra, thicker, slightly absorbent sheet that goes under your fitted sheet to protect your mattress from spills or other liquids :p

Just clarifying for anyone who wanted to try this because if they went out and bought a mattress cover they would have a time getting it to work, it's hard enough to fold in half.

BTW, sheets, fitted or flat, can be bought really really cheap at Goodwill, for like a $1-$1.50 each. Just wash them at least twice before using.

Last edited:

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You may or may not know this, but stores sell diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.