A little, but longer - How his stepsister changed Finn's life - Edited (Chapter 13: 05/03/2021)

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
The consensus seemed to be the best plan was to start over with a new thread so here we go. For future reference, this is an edited repost of https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...how-his-stepsister-changed-finns-life.149593/ by Kirigaya. This first post is just to get folks oriented and chapters will be posted after with one chapter per response.

The first six chapters are edits of her story and everything beyond that is my own invention and so you can't blame them for it. It's been an interesting puzzle to take the sometimes... interesting feedback Grammarly gives and try to conform to those rules without resulting in something dumb. At least I got it to relax about flagging a lot of the emphasis as being redundant. For some reason Grammarly thinks that you should use just one stronger verb instead of a weaker verb with an intensifying adverb.

The rate at which I post these chapters is still to be decided. I'll probably very quickly catch up to where Kirigaya left us but after that it will depend a lot on how fast I write it. As I post this there are two chapters beyond the original six but I definitely have momentum going for another couple, we'll see.

So, without further ado:

A little, But Longer
How Finn’s stepsister changed his life​
By Kirigaya:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...how-his-stepsister-changed-finns-life.149593/
Edited and continued by LudoErgoSum
©2021, all rights reserved

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 1 - War and peace in the patchwork family​

“Finny’s diaper leaked again!” announced Sarah as she entered the kitchen. The girl did an excellent job of hiding the glee in her voice, but her facial expression made it clear that she didn’t have the slightest sympathy for her 13-year-old stepbrother. “Those aren’t diapers!” wailed Finn. A tear rolled down the boy’s bright red cheek as he looked down at the black granite tiles in shame. “Maybe that’s the problem, buddy.” Finn’s stepfather Peter said softly, gently taking the boy in his arms. Finn looked questioningly into the loving eyes of this man his mother married six months ago. Finn’s Dad took a deep breath and continued speaking, “Maybe it’s time we tried something else.” “I’ve been saying forever that Finny should just wear Pampers...” griped Sarah, immediately receiving the sternest of looks from her father. “You shouldn’t tease Finn, Sarah. Big sisters don’t do that,” he murmured. “She may be big, but she’s never acted like a sister!” thought Finn, glaring venomously at his bully.

They sat down at the kitchen table. While Sarah prodded listlessly at her cereal, Dad prepared lunch boxes for the kids. As he did every morning on a school day, Finn made a sandwich and cut a few apple pieces for his little sister, Lissy, before starting to eat. Shortly after Finn finished cutting up the apple, his mother Vera came into the kitchen with a happy four-year-old in her arms. “Good morning, family!” Mom called cheerfully before setting the cuddly child down next to her son. “Good morning!” the little girl squealed even more happily. “Hi Punkin!” chortled Dad, setting down a sippy cup full of warm cocoa next to the plate Finn had prepared for Lissy. “Morning,” a glum Finn mumbled, absorbed in thought and staring at the table. “Cheer up, buddy!” said Dad, ruffling his hair.

Mom looked questioningly at her husband. “Leaked again...” he formed with his lips without saying the words aloud. Mom understood immediately. She knew how much it hurt her son whenever that happened, and it was becoming more and more frequent. “Did our boys make you breakfast again, Princess?” Mom asked Lissy fondly to change the subject. “Uh-huh!” the girl gurgled. She had already devoured half her sandwich, leaned her head lovingly against Finn’s shoulder, and drank greedily from her cup. “Thanks, Finn and Daddy!” she sputtered. “You’re welcome, Froggy!” giggled Finn. The boy was never sad for long around her. Like so many things about her little stepbrother, Sarah was annoyed that he got along so well with her sister.

“I’m just saying... if he’d wear Pampers at night too, we’d have so much less drama in the morning, and there’d be so much less laundry...” Dad gave her another stern look, so Sarah paused for a moment and took a sip of orange juice. She knew her parents felt the same way because she’d heard those words while listening at their bedroom door one night before she snuck out of the house. Sarah saw her parents’ glances and grinned nastily at Finn. She then went on talking in the most casual voice possible, “I mean, has Lissy’s night diaper ever leaked? And Julia told me that Oli Mueller wears a diaper at night when she babysits for him.” “Lissy is four, and Oli is six!” Finn scoffed indignantly. “But you’re not much taller than them,” she sneered. More tears welled up in his eyes. “Enough with the teasing, Sarah! Final warning! One more word, and you’ll lose your smartphone for a week,” Dad intervened. That was something the girl didn’t dare risk. The endless texts with her friends and the thousands of videos she watched on that little box gave the 15-year-old even more joy than teasing her stepbrother.

For the rest of breakfast, neither Finn nor Sarah spoke a word, and 20 minutes later, all three children left the house together. “Move it, babies! Don’t dawdle around! I got a date!” the annoyed 15-year-old grumbled. Sarah hated it when her friends saw her with her little siblings, but she resented Finn much more than Lissy. He was always the sweet kid, the bright kid, the poor little weak kid who got so much more attention than she did, even from her father. She hated that Finn had just skipped an entire school year and had been going to her school for a few weeks now, only one year below her. If he skipped another grade and she had to put up with him during class, she'd drop out. “Hey! I’m not a baby. My legs are just short!” whined Lissy. “Almost as short as Finny’s!” mocked Sarah, grinning nastily at him. Finn glared back venomously.

“Go ahead then! I’ll take Lissy to kindergarten, as usual!” he replied. “If you’re offering...” she shouted, already running ahead. He knew perfectly well that Sarah just wanted to smoke and gossip with two girls from her class before school, but it didn’t bother him. Quite the opposite, the prospect of a few quiet minutes with Lissy, who was always lovely to him, was all too tempting. After all, he would have to endure all the other kids’ teasing right afterward, even if Sarah avoided him like the devil avoids holy water. Dwarf, squirt, or nerd were the more flattering names they had for him. Not least because Sarah never shied away from bringing up his bedwetting or his daytime accidents whenever they ran into each other. Lissy squeezed his hand and happily smiled at him. “I like to move it, move it.” sang Finn in his robot voice, and they both giggled.

The school day went by for Finn like most of the others so far. He wasn’t the youngest kid in school, but he was by far the smallest. It wasn’t uncommon for teachers who didn’t know him yet to ask him if he was lost. While he was eager to find a quiet spot during recess to avoid teasing, Finn had the most fun during class, unlike most children. His new school finally challenged him, mainly due to the one year he had skipped. Yet, it had only taken him a few weeks to not only catch up in most classes but to get ahead of most of his classmates. Finn didn’t have to work hard for it. He simply understood almost everything the first time a teacher explained it, yet he tried hard not to show that off. While he answered questions correctly when a teacher asked him something, he rarely raised his hand to volunteer an answer. And since Finn’s low standing among his classmates had not gone unnoticed by the teachers, most of them were okay with this compromise in his class participation.

As he did every day at 1:05 pm, Finn happily trotted the 250 meters to the kindergarten to pick up his little sister. She was already waiting for him under the canopy. For the ten minutes they walked home, Lissy babbled about all the adventures of her ever-eventful day. As usual, those were the first sentences another child had directed at him since school started. Finn had no real friends, at least none his age. However, since he didn’t care for most things boys his age find interesting, that didn’t bother him much. But to Lissy, he was a hero. Six-year-old Oliver Müller and the ten-year-old Brown twins, Patrick and Mathew (usually called Pat and Mat), also looked up to him. Still, only Oli and Lissy did so literally since Pat and Mat were taller than Finn now. Sarah (who had been gossiping with her friends after school, as usual) caught up with her siblings again just before they reached the front door. Mom was already waiting for the children with their lunch. After they finished eating, Finn did his homework and played with Lissy outside in the garden. Neither Oli nor the Brown twins joined them that day, so the two played together until it was time for dinner.

Last edited:

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 2 - Bedtime stories​

At 8:30 pm, it was quiet in the house again. Lissy had been in bed for half an hour, and Sarah had spent the whole day in her room. No one knew what exactly she was doing there, but Finn didn’t want to know. Every minute she didn’t tease him was a good minute. Finn was in his beanbag lying under his reading lamp browsing through one of his favorite books when there was a knock at the door. He looked up in surprise as Dad and Mom came into his bedroom. Usually, only one of them would check on him shortly after 9:30 pm when it was his bedtime to make sure he was in bed. Both his parents knelt by him. He put “The Color of Magic” aside and asked, “What is it?” Mom stroked the boy’s arm while Dad took a deep breath just as Finn remembered what his stepfather tried to say at the breakfast table.

“You know, buddy, I think we should give Pampers a shot,” Dad said gently. The boy’s eyes widened as Mom continued, “They’ll hold up so much better than your Goodnites, honey.” “No, no! Please no!” screamed Finn. He looked back and forth between his parents with pleading puppy dog eyes. “You wouldn’t wake up in a cold, wet bed anymore...” his mother went on to explain. And from the way she looked back and forth between him and his stepfather, Finn immediately knew that they weren’t arguing with him but had already made up their minds. He yanked free of her and threw himself on his bed. “I don’t want to! I don’t want to!” howled Finn. Dad sat down at the edge of the bed and stroked through the hair of the boy he had loved like his own son from the first day.

Why do I still wet the bed? I’m a freak!” sobbed Finn. Through his tears, his voice was more like the croak of an elderly parrot. “Oh buddy, don’t say that! Your body just isn’t quite there yet. A lot of kids are like that and, who knows, when you finally get a good night’s sleep, maybe it’ll stop.” Dad whispered. Finn grabbed the man’s hand and pulled it to his chest. “But Sarah will make fun of me!” the boy sniffled. “Don’t you worry about Sarah; we’ll talk to her.” continued Dad in a croon. Finn pulled Dad’s hand closer to his chest while wrapping himself around his Dad’s lower arm. “Okay?” the man asked. Finn did not answer immediately; however, he knew that he had no choice. Once his parents decided something, it was virtually impossible to dissuade them, especially when he didn't have a better solution. Finn sniffled and tightened his hold on Dad’s hand. “Okay…” he croaked after a few more seconds. All at once, the boy felt his body rise into the air. His stepfather effortlessly lifted him out of bed with only the one arm Finn hung from. “Hey!” he squealed as the man set him down on his lap, and yet the little guy immediately cuddled up to him.

“Okay, Sweetie, if you help, we’ll be done in no time,” whispered Mom as Dad put the boy back down. Finn closed his eyes and nodded. He didn’t flinch when his mother removed his jeans and underpants in one fluid motion. It was a strange sensation as he felt the rubbery mattress protector under the bedsheet on his bare bottom. Mom unfolded one of Lissy’s diapers that she had brought from the cabinet in the bathroom. The papery material rustled quietly. “Bottoms up!” she cooed, and Finn obeyed. She placed the back of the diaper under him and tenderly patted his bare belly to make him lower himself again. Finn noticed the sweet, familiar scent of the baby powder that Mom generously sprinkled on his groin. Suddenly, she pulled the Pampers’ front to just below his belly button and closed the tapes nice and tight. “There you go! It’s great how well you helped. Good boy!” Mom praised him delightedly. Finn sniffled but said nothing. She tenderly tickled his belly until he couldn’t help himself and doubled over with giggles, opening his eyes again. “It looks like Lissy’s Pampers just fit. What do you think honey, is it too tight?” she asked lovingly. Finn shrugged his shoulders. “No, not too tight… I guess,” he mumbled.

Once again, Dad lifted his stepson and placed him on his feet. Finn felt the absorbent pad in his crotch sag down a smidge and his t-shirt slide over his diaper. The Pampers were so much thicker in his crotch than his Goodnites; they were extremely obvious even when he just stood there. Finn looked at his reflection in his closet mirror. A happy lion waved at him from his new nighttime underwear. “I look like a baby.” he sniffled softly again. “Nonsense, Sweetie! You’re our big boy!” purred Mom, tugging the leak guards at the leg cuffs. She patted his bottom twice from underneath and said, “Maybe we’ll buy these for you one size larger after all.” Dad nodded. Finn blushed bright red as he felt the soft material hug his bottom with each pat. It wasn’t a bad feeling, but he was embarrassed that it felt good.

“But what if I wake up tonight and have to pee?” he croaked. “Well, then you’ll stay in the nice warm bed and pee.” Mom chuckled and kissed him on the cheek. Finn was surprised by this answer. “Can’t I just take them off?” he asked. Dad shook his head. “No, buddy, please don’t touch your diaper. If you don’t close it properly, it’s going to leak. For now, if you’re wearing a Pamper, you’re wearing a Pamper, and you don’t worry about the potty.” he explained. “But...” squealed Finn. At that moment, Mom pulled his T-shirt over his head to put his pajamas on him. “No buts, Monkey! Daddy’s right. If you’re wearing Pampers, you don’t have to worry about the potty. Just try to sleep and get a good night’s rest.” “Hey! you guys talk to me like you talk to Lissy!” the boy grumbled. “Because we love you just as much as we love Lissy!” explained Dad, kissing him on the cheek. Pouting, Finn pushed his lower lip forward.

“Why is Finn crying?” asked Lissy, standing in the doorway to her brother’s room. She looked at his bed with watery eyes. In her right hand, Lissy held her pacifier that the little girl still used at night. In her left, she pressed her cuddly lamb against her chest. Unlike Sarah, Lissy felt nothing but love and admiration for her big brother, and the loving sister fought back her tears when she saw him unhappy. “Because Finny’s finally wearing baby diapers again, just like you.” teased Sarah, who was standing behind her. As she spoke, the 15-year-old realized from the looks on her parents’ faces that she had just crossed the line. “Go away!” screeched Finn through his tears. The boy flung his little body onto his belly and yanked his covers over his head, disappearing underneath them. “To your room! Now!” said Dad in a voice that left no doubt she was in big trouble. Silently, Sarah went to her room and closed her bedroom door behind her, but Lissy stayed, wiping a tear from her cheek with her sleeve.

“Finn is sad because his Pull-Ups can’t keep his bed dry anymore, Punkin,” Dad whispered gently. He lovingly stroked the blanket where Finn was hiding and quivering like a heap of misery. “Oh no!” squealed the girl, who was 15 centimeters shorter than Finn. She ran to his bed and petted the blanket where Finn buried his feet as tenderly as her father. “Why aren’t you asleep yet, Sweetie?” whispered Mom, opening her arms so Lissy could hug her. Lissy shook her head and pulled on Mom’s hand so she would pet Finn instead. “It was so loud,” whispered Lissy. Mom giggled and carefully peeled the blanket from her son’s body. “Hey! Not fair!” he whined. Still sobbing and curled up like a hedgehog, the boy looked up at the three of them. Lissy beamed at him and immediately crawled into his bed to cuddle. Whenever she did that, Finn couldn’t help but giggle. He didn’t resist and put his ear to her head as she wrapped her arms around him.

“You know wearing a Pamper to bed isn’t all bad. If Mommy or Daddy helps you at night, that means they have to read you a story too,” giggled the little girl as she felt his breath on her head and listened to his heartbeat slow down. “When Lissy’s right, she’s right, Buddy.” chortled Dad with a grin. He knew perfectly well that his daughter was desperate to know what happened next with the little bear and the little tiger from her bedtime story. “Yay! I’ll be right back!” she squealed and skipped out of the room. Seconds later, she returned. Her blanket, which she slipped over her head like a way-too-big coat, dragged behind her across the hardwood floor. In her right hand, “The Trip to Panama” protruded from under the covers. She handed the book to Dad and crawled back into her brother’s bed. Finn choked on a laugh and coughed twice as she immediately snuggled back against him. Lissy was not an uncommon guest in his bed. Usually, she came in the middle of the night when she had woken from a nightmare and snuggled up to him to make herself feel better. Today she did it only for him. Little by little, his tears dried, making the red-hot skin of his cheeks slightly taut under the salty residue.

“So... the tiger and the bear and the tiger duck found this box from Panamanama...” babbled Lissy, drawing his right hand to her cheek. “Panama.” giggled Finn. “Uh-huh!” the girl cackled and squealed, “Read! Read! Read! Daddy!” Dad grinned, already pulling Finn’s beanbag next to his stepson’s bed. Only now, Lissy opened her left hand and dropped two pacifiers on Finn’s chest. Without hesitation, she put one in her mouth and the other one in Finn’s. “Oh?!” the boy mumbled, taken by surprise. “That one’s part of storytime, too,” Lissy explained in a voice as clear as a bell. Finn turned bright red and reached for the soother, but Mom gently held onto his arm that Lissy wasn’t hugging. “Lissy’s right. Keep the binky in there for a minute. It’ll help you calm down, Monkey.” she explained, tenderly covering the bodies of the two children with Finn’s blanket.

Finn was utterly overwhelmed by the situation. For the first time in years, he wore an actual baby diaper for the night. For the first time in years, his mom had diapered him. For the first time in what seemed like forever, his Mom and Dad had put him to bed and read him a story. But all too well, he remembered the last time he used a pacifier. It was only yesterday. Lissy had often offered him one of her binkies when they were playing together. Once he had let himself be talked into it the first time, he was only too happy to take her up on these offers. From then on, it was the one big, shared secret between him and his little sister. Finn loved the peace he felt while sucking it, yet he still was ashamed. He didn’t want to think about how Sarah would tease him if she knew. However, until now, the boy assumed that his parents didn’t know either. Never would he have expected that they would encourage him to use a binky. Mom kissed both children on the cheeks, sat at the headboard, and lovingly stroked Finn’s hair as Dad began to read. With each stroke, Finn’s little body relaxed. He felt himself unconsciously sucking on the pacifier and letting the plate bob and dance on his lips. His eyelids became heavier and heavier, and his breathing became calmer and deeper.

Last edited:

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 3 – From DuckTales to drama​

“Good morning, snuggle bunnies!” whispered Mom as she came back into Finn’s room in the morning. “Hey, mommy!” squealed Lissy before Finn had even opened his eyes. The girl was suddenly wide awake and crawling out of Finn’s bed as if someone had flipped her switch. She was so excited that she didn’t notice that she pulled the covers off him while doing so. “Morning, Mom!” mumbled Finn. Surprised, he grabbed at his face and realized that he had kept the pacifier in his mouth all night. Little by little, the memory of last night came back. He turned crimson and put the binky on his nightstand. Mom giggled and tousled his hair. “How did you sleep?” she asked. “Super fabulous cozy!” squealed Lissy again, cuddling up to the woman. Mom looked questioningly at her son. “Fine, I guess.” Finn stammered, still embarrassed. However, as he thought about it, he had to admit that he slept very well. The boy felt unusually rested when Finn looked at his Mickey Mouse alarm clock. Suddenly he realized it was 7 am. He panicked for a brief moment thinking that he had overslept, but then remembered it was a holiday and the beginning of a four-day weekend.

“Great! And I see your bed stayed completely dry. How about your Pampers, guys?” asked Mom, enjoying the hug of her youngest. “Wet and squishy!” giggled Lissy, patting herself on the bottom. “Mom!” whined Finn, who didn’t like the way she was talking about his nighttime underwear at all. “What is it, honey?” asked Mom, checking his crotch without waiting for his answer. “Don’t call them that!” sniffled Finn as he felt how she pressed the warm squishy gel against him. “Oh, Monkey... that’s what you call them. And I see you needed yours as much as your sister needed hers,” she announced cheerfully. “Can I have a new one to watch cartoons?” asked Lissy. “Sure, princess!” replied Mom. That request was not unusual for the girl. On days off, she often asked for a fresh diaper to start the day comfortably in front of the TV. Finn, as well, often wore his Goodnites on weekend mornings until after the family breakfast. Sometimes he would even put on a fresh one when he had peed too much during the night. And he thought his parents had never caught him doing it, but his mother knew all too well.

Mom grabbed a diaper that she placed on Finn’s desk moments before and took only seconds to change Lissy on the floor. “Come watch cartoons, Finn!” the girl squealed. Finn grinned and was about to sit up, but Mom held him back and said, “Just a minute, Lissy. I have to change Finn’s diaper, too.” The boy watched in shock as his mother took a second diaper from his desk and was already pulling off his pajama pants. “But Mom...” he squeaked. “You can keep your diaper on until after breakfast, Monkey. Daddy and Sarah are still asleep, and I want to go for a run in a minute.” Mom said gently. She smiled happily because she secretly liked taking care of Finn again. “Daddy bought some Pampers in your size last night.” she purred as she closed the fresh diaper on his belly.

Finn stared at her in disbelief, but Mom just smiled and kissed his cheek. She lifted him out of bed and checked the snugness of his new undergarment. “These fit perfectly! Excellent!” she marveled after tugging the leg gathers into place. She patted his padded, rustling bottom twice from underneath and finally put his pajama pants back on him. “Hey!” squealed Finn, who didn’t know what hit him. His emotions and thoughts spiraled wildly. No one should be wetting the bed at 13. No one should be diapered by their mother at 13. And no one should have their diaper changed at 13 to watch cartoons with their little sister. But why did he enjoy how it made him feel? So tiny and so safe at the same time. He didn’t have time to sort out his thoughts since Lissy was already pulling on his arm again, whining impatiently. Mom chuckled and gave him another couple of gentle pats on his rustling bottom as Lissy pulled him past her. It seemed she would always pat a Pampered bottom whenever she could.

It was close to 9 am when Mom returned from her run. She stood in the living room doorway and watched her young children with a cold bottle of water in her hand. Finn and Lissy were still sitting in front of the TV, peacefully watching a happy duck dive through a mountain of gold coins. The soft fabric of their pajamas did nothing to hide their padded underwear. Someone who didn’t know Finn would have no doubt that he was looking at two toddlers. “So cute!” thought Mom, unable to prevent a giggle from escaping her. She cleared her throat to cover it up, and both kids turned around. Finn, noticing her, untangled the arm Lissy had wrapped around him and hopped over to his mother. “It’s good you’re back, Mommy. Can I take off my diaper?” the boy asked. “No, Sweetie. Only Daddy and I are allowed to,” answered Mom and drank another big gulp of water. Sweat glossed on her forehead. “But I have to pee!” continued Finn, hopping from one leg to the other.

“So? If you’re wearing a Pamper, you’re wearing a Pamper, and you don’t worry about the potty,” she repeated Dad’s words from the night before in a sing-song. Mom looked at him cheerfully and encouragingly until the boy finally got the message. Finn’s heart loudly thumped as he squatted. He was almost surprised at how easy it was to relax his bladder. However, he needed to pee for some time now. Suddenly, the hot liquid gushed out of him in a hiss and spread through his diaper’s crotch. It took barely a second for everything to dry up and for him only to feel the warmth remaining. The swollen gel hung heavily in the seat of his diaper. While he had deliberately peed in his Goodnites before, doing it in front of his mother was a weird feeling. Not bad, just odd.

He sheepishly grinned as he stood back up. Mom smiled, pulled down his pajama bottoms, and checked the extent of this “not so accident.” “Good boy! See? Your pants stayed completely dry. Now go and watch some more TV with Lissy. I’m going to take a quick shower. And then I’ll kick our marmots out of bed. It’s time for breakfast.” Mom warbled happily. She kissed Finn on the forehead and disappeared upstairs. Completely flabbergasted, Finn sat down next to Lissy again, and she cuddled up to him as if nothing had happened.

“What’s on the baby program?” asked Sarah when she came into the living room at 9 am seeing her siblings still sitting in front of the TV. Finn gave her an annoyed look but didn’t answer. “DuckTales! Whoo-hoo!” squealed Lissy, not picking up on Sarah’s intentions. Only now did the 15-year-old notice the edge of the diaper sticking out of Finn’s pajama pants. “My goodness, is Finny wearing a Pamper?” she continued to tease, “Suits you, potty pants!” Finn jumped up and stood in front of her. His 128 centimeters didn’t look the least bit threatening to Sarah, being more than 30 centimeters taller. She laughed and bent over to pull his pants down to his knees. “Hey!” shouted Finn indignantly but was far too surprised to repel her attack. “Oh no! Somebody’s got a wet dipey!” she drooled, patting Finn’s exposed diaper from below. At that moment, Finn lost it and slapped her face. His flat hand hit her cheek with a loud clap. Sarah was shocked but at the same time felt incredibly victorious. Never before had she managed to upset him so much, but his slap didn’t even hurt. “Why, you little...” she shouted while Finn, enraged, lashed out for the next hit. “Enough!” roared Dad, who entered the living room at that moment and caught the situation with a glance. Stunned, they both paused. Without hesitation, Dad lifted Finn three meters to the side and looked him sternly in the eyes.

Finn Michael O’Sullivan, we never raise a hand to each other in this house!” said Dad loudly. “But...” tried Finn to justify himself, yet his father would not allow it. “Never! And you never ever hit a girl!” he continued, almost yelling. Sarah grinned nastily at Finn and nodded in agreement. Dad glared at his daughter, turned to Finn again, and continued, “No matter how nasty and disgusting she acts. Do you understand?” Because Dad raised his voice so rarely, Finn was intimidated right away. Although he knew that his stepfather would never hurt him, Finn was afraid. Dad had a good sense of what things gave his children the most pleasure and didn’t hesitate to take those things away for a long time. And when he meant business, he meant business. “I’m listening, mister!” murmured Dad, this time more softly because he noticed the boy trembling. “Yes, Sir. I-I-I’m sorry, Sarah!” stammered the boy. Again, the girl grinned, but not for long as Dad turned to her and scolded, “And you?! We’ve talked about this! More than once, Sarah. You’re on very fragile ice here! You’re the big sister. Act like it!” “Y-Y-Yes, daddy. I’m sorry.” Now it was Sarah’s turn to stammer, but Dad was not satisfied. He stared at her defiantly until she sighed, looked at her stepbrother, and groaned, “I’m sorry I made fun of you, Finny.”

Finn sniffled, nodded, and wiped his wet eyes with his sleeve. He wanted to pull his pajama pants back up, but Dad held his hands tight. “Wait a minute, Sweetie.” his stepfather now whispered lovingly. His voice and posture had changed so much; it was as if aliens had replaced him. Dad knelt by the boy, looked down at him, and pressed the warm gel against his bottom, checking his Pamper. Once again, the boy turned bright red. After a few seconds, his father finally pulled his pajama pants back up and gave him a gentle pat. “They’ll be fine until after breakfast,” he whispered in Finn’s ear and hugged the child. Even though his father had scolded him so sternly not two minutes before, Finn reflexively wrapped his arms around Dad’s neck. Again he felt all small and safe, and he was ashamed of it.

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 4 - Playground mishap​

None of the children spoke a word during breakfast. Finn was careful not to pee in his diaper again, despite the strong objections of his bladder. After they cleared the table, Mom announced it was changing time once more, so everyone trooped upstairs. “Finally! I’m about to burst!” thought Finn. Lissy was first, to Finn’s annoyance. He was a little concerned he was going to have another accident. “Good job, Lissy! Your morning diaper is all dry! We can use this one for bedtime! You’ve only been using one of your Pampers a day, honey! Soon it’ll be big girl panties all the time!” Mom gushed as she re-dressed Lissy for the day. Then it was Finn’s turn. “Looks like someone wasn’t as lucky. That’s your third wet Pamper since yesterday, buddy. Let’s get this soggy thing off you!” she joyfully said as she peeled off his soggy diaper so he could scamper to the toilet.

After they both got dressed, Finny and Lissa decided to play board games. He laughed every time she ranted at the dice during “Chutes and Ladders” or “Trouble,” but he still let her win every time. In “Memory,” he showed no mercy, but Lissa could cope well with that defeat. After lunch, the Brown twins rang the bell, and the four of them decided to go to the adventure playground two streets away. While Pat and Mat weren’t thrilled about Lissa accompanying Finny so often, they gave up complaining about it.

Because it was the last summery days of the year and it was now too cool to go to the lake, the adventure playground was teeming with children and teens of all ages. While little kids were digging and building in the sand, teenagers were chatting on benches at the outskirts. And the kids in the middle enjoyed themselves on the climbing frames, the swings, the giant pirate ship, the obstacle course, or the ramps for skating and cycling. “Hi!” Oliver called out squeakily when he saw them coming. His mother was sitting a couple of meters behind him on one of the countless benches, browsing in a book. She smiled when she recognized Finny and Lissa. Natalie Müller, Oliver’s mother, was a good friend of Mommy. Finny had known her all his life and raised his hand in greeting. She waved back, nodded, and looked back at her book.

Oli was covered all over with sand and was grinning from ear to ear. Immediately Lissa ran to help him dig his passage to China. Finny and the twins laughed. Moments later, they shrugged their shoulders and stormed the pirate ship with almost equal enthusiasm. Even though the twins were three years younger than him, Finny had a blast with them. They never made fun of him. The three of them romped around hilariously. After more than an hour, Finny noticed how his bladder pinched. As is all too often the case when he was having fun, he forgot about the feeling the next moment. “Race you through the jungle gym!” squealed Pat, and all three jumped to the struts above them without thinking twice. The course was just five wide ladders mounted horizontally at various heights above the rubberized playground floor. There were 20 meters of parkour to conquer by shimmying from bar to bar. Finny was neither tall nor strong, but he was exceptionally agile. He overtook his two competitors before the end of the first section. After barely two minutes, Finny landed, grinning, five meters in front of a bench on which three girls were sitting and chatting.

He wondered why they were grinning at him. Somehow the girls looked familiar. “Isn’t that the new kid from our school? The brainiac who skipped a grade?” one of the girls asked. “Yeah, that’s him. That’s Sarah’s stepbrother. But it looks like he hasn’t mastered the basics yet,” laughed the second. “Maybe he skipped potty training too,” sneered the third. It was only at that moment that Finny realized the girls were talking about him. Just then, he noticed the pressure on his bladder was gone, and in utter disbelief, he looked down at himself. There was a huge wet spot on his crotch, and suddenly he felt the dampness against his skin. Tears welled up in his eyes, so he turned around and just started running. Pat and Mat, still hanging on the bars halfway through the jungle gym, stared after him, speechless. “Didn’t Sarah say he still wears diapers at night?” one of the girls cackled. “Maybe he should wear them during the day too!” laughed another.

Wait for me, Finny!” squealed Lissa, seeing him run. It took almost all his willpower to stop, but he couldn’t leave his sister behind. He kicked up a cloud of gravel dust as he came to a halt. “Oh!” exclaimed Lissa when she realized what had happened. She ran to him as fast as she could, stroked his back, took his hand, and started walking as fast as she could right away. It wasn’t until the playground was out of sight that Lissa asked the obvious: “Did you have an accident?” “Yes.” Finny croaked, struggling very hard not to burst into tears when they entered their street. “Oh no, honey! Again?” asked Mommy, who was hanging the laundry out to dry in the garden. Only after saying it aloud did she realize how blameful it sounded. Now Finny's floodgates did open. He let go of Lissa’s hand and ran as fast as he could without a word past his mother and into the house. He stormed into his room and slammed the door like thunder. Without even thinking of taking off his wet clothes, he huddled on the floor and cried his heart out. Through his tilted window, Finny heard his father in the backyard asking, “What’s wrong?” “Finny peed his pants,” explained Lissa. When Finny heard Sarah laugh, he jumped up and slammed the window shut. Sobbing, he buried his face in his arms.

It wasn’t until ten minutes later that there was a gentle knock on his door. Finny didn’t look up when his mother entered his room. She sat down next to him on the floor, gently tickled his neck, and kissed his head. “Oh, Monkey. Accidents can happen to anyone, right? It’s not that bad.” she whispered. It wasn’t the first time she had said that phrase to him. Maybe that’s why Finny just shook his head in silence. She took him in her arms. “You know, honey, you really should take off those wet clothes,” she whispered again. He shrugged his shoulders. “Come on, I’ll give you a hand,” Mommy said gently and immediately got to work. Only Finny’s socks had stayed dry, but she took them off as well. Finny offered no resistance. “We’ll shower you off quickly,” she whispered, carrying her buck-naked son to the bathroom.

“Some girls from my new school saw it.” cried Finny as he felt the warm stream of water on his chest. Mommy nodded silently. She didn’t have an answer for that. She knew how hard Finny had it at school, and most certainly, the teasing wouldn’t get any less in the weeks to come, but another school wasn’t an option. “Honey, It will get better eventually! I promise!” she said gently. Although it broke her heart to see him so down, Mommy enjoyed taking care of him. Finny sniffled. Without another word, he let his mother shower him off and barely showed any emotion as she rubbed him dry with a large fluffy towel. Five minutes later, he was back under his reading lamp in his beanbag chair. Mommy had dressed him in his favorite hoodie and soft sweatpants before taking his wet clothes to the laundry room.

After a short time, he was so absorbed by his book again that he didn’t notice Lissa until she tickled his bare feet. She had snuck up quietly and was now sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of him. “Hey,” croaked Finny, yet he had to laugh. Lissa hugged his leg and looked deep into his eyes. “Are you okay?” she whispered, almost anxiously. Finny sighed and put his book aside. He opened his arms, and instantly the girl jumped on top of him and snuggled against his chest. “No, Froggy, but you make it better,” explained Finny in a sad voice. “Good!” she squealed, giving him a peck on the cheek. He chuckled again. “Will you read to me?” she asked. “Okay!” said Finny. “Outside?” she continued. Finny shook his head, yet she had already jumped up and was pulling on his hand. “Come on! Sarah’s grounded!” squeaked Lissa, who knew exactly why he was hesitating. “Fine!” sighed Finny, finally giving in. He let her pull him into the garden, where their picnic blanket was on the grass. Finny sat down cross-legged and began to read aloud while Lissa lay flat on her back and watched the clouds as she listened. Daddy and Mommy smiled at how well the two of them were getting along, and when his mother put a small tray of milk and cookies down next to the kids five minutes later, Finny smiled again too.

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I meant to point this out with Kiragawa, but 15 cm is almost 6 inches, which I don't think qualifies as "barely."
Thanks, I noticed that the first time I read the story but lost that in the edits since. I've removed the word "barely"

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 5 – Family time​

Finny read to her without a break for more than two hours from his favorite book. The time until dinner flew by as Finny read and his parents worked a bit in the vegetable patch. When they came back into the house at 6 pm, Sarah had already set the dinner table. A metal salad bowl clattered as Sarah emerged from behind the kitchen island. When Finny’s and Sarah’s eyes met, the girl showed no reaction. She didn’t even make a face or say anything nasty to him. Finny was downright baffled. Their parents must have punished her very harshly this time. Only now did he notice that Daddy had once again diverted a particular piece of furniture from its intended purpose. Sarah’s smartphone and laptop were attached to the coffee table side by side with duct tape. It was impossible to remove either one of them without leaving traces. Finny’s game console once suffered this fate when he said one of the forbidden words to Sarah. Daddy called the little table the ‘Altar of Atonement.’ “Good! I see you finally put all your energy into doing something for the family, honey,” commented Daddy appreciatively about the dinner table. Sarah didn’t reply. Finny could just see how she was forcing herself not to say out loud what she was thinking.

“Because Sarah repeatedly and despite multiple warnings could not refrain from making fun of a member of her family, Mom and I confiscated her laptop and phone. She needs to make a noticeable effort to behave like a member of this family. If she can’t, she won’t get them back on Sunday,” Daddy explained in his “supreme court” voice. “Sunday?!” squeaked Sarah, immediately lowering her voice again. “Not until Sunday at the earliest, honey!” replied Daddy, adding, “And only if we see you really trying. Finny is your little brother. It’s your job to look out for him, not torture him.” The boy could see her swallowing her frustration, and yet Sarah remained silent and nodded. After dinner that night, the 15-year-old didn’t immediately disappear to her room like she usually did, but that wasn’t surprising since she had nothing but her schoolwork to distract her up there. Instead, she played Uno with the whole family for the first time in months, and to Finny’s surprise, she didn’t say a single nasty word to him. Daddy and Mommy were almost as surprised yet very pleased.

Just before 8 pm (perhaps a bit to test his big daughter), Daddy said, “Okay, it’s bedtime for our Punkin, and that means diaper time for both of you.” Although he spoke the words to Finny and Lissa, he watched Sarah with an eagle eye. While she showed no emotion, Finny once again ran crimson. “Do you have to say it like that, Daddy?” the boy whined, but it was Mommy who answered: “Oh, Monkey, If you get a Pamper on, you get diapered. There’s nothing wrong with calling things by their name.” Finny’s lower lip quivered, and he wanted to disagree vigorously, but he didn’t know how to. “But why already? It’s not my bedtime yet!” he moaned. “That’s true, honey, but we change diapers in our house just before 8. Daddy and I say so,” Mommy replied lovingly, but in a way that Finny immediately knew she had made up her mind. Daddy nodded. “Will you read to me again, Mommy?” yawned Lissa, cuddling up to Mommy to be carried upstairs. “Sure, princess!” chortled Mommy, taking the girl in her arms. “Whoa!” gasped Finny as Daddy suddenly lifted him from his chair. “You get carried for your diapers, too!” laughed Daddy, tickling Finny under the armpits. “Hey, not fair!” giggled the boy. Daddy turned to Sarah, who still hadn’t pulled a face, and said, “If you want to, you can pick the movie for tonight, honey. PG-13, but you’re free to choose. We’ll be back in 15 minutes.” “Okay, Daddy, I’ll find something to watch,” she replied and smiled.

“So, off you go to brush your teeth and use the potty. Mom will help in the bathroom, and I’ll get everything ready for your diapers,” explained Daddy cheerfully as he set Finny on his feet outside the bathroom. “But...” squealed Finny. However, his mother just pulled him gently in with her and Lissa and closed the door. “First, Lissa goes potty, and you brush your teeth, and then we switch,” Mommy explained. The boy looked at her, both shocked and offended. He couldn’t remember the last time Mommy had been in the bathroom with him. He felt treated like a toddler, but Lissa didn’t seem to mind at all. On the contrary, she seemed to enjoy his company. The little girl bounced happily past him, unabashedly pulled down her pants, and sat on the toilet. “Come on, mister,” his mother encouraged him, already handing Finny his toothbrush, which she had already put toothpaste on. As he finally ran the brush over his teeth, he heard tinkling from under Lissa. “Good girl!” praised Mommy, and the little girl beamed proudly. After she finished tinkling, Lissa could not get up from the toilet until Finny had spent two whole minutes scrubbing his teeth. “Okay, your turn. Potty time, Finny.” Mommy sang. Finny sighed but obeyed. Try as he might, though, he couldn’t pee while Lissa and his Mommy were in the bathroom with him. Eventually, he gave up and flushed. Since she hadn’t heard any tinkles while she helped Lissa brush her teeth, Mommy looked skeptically at Finny. “All done?” she asked dubiously. He nodded. “Good boy!” Mommy praised her son too. Finny rolled his eyes.

“Lissa and Daddy against Finny and Mommy!” laughed Daddy as Mommy and the kids arrived in Lissa’s room. On the bed, he had out two diapers side by side. On the left a larger one and on the right a smaller one. In the middle: powder, cream, and wet wipes were ready. Daddy held out his right palm to the children, and in it lay the pacifiers the two slept with last night. “Yay!” gurgled Lissa and immediately put hers in her mouth. Because Finny hesitated, Daddy decided for him: “At bedtime, a binky is okay, Buddy.” he whispered and put the pacifier in his stepson’s mouth. The boy wanted to protest, but the second the pacifier touched his lips, he realized how much he had missed the calming sensation. “The winner is the team whose diaper child is in his or her pajamas first. The winning team gets to decide what everyone has for breakfast tomorrow!” snickered Daddy.

As much as it bothered Finny that he had just been called a “diaper child,” the stakes had awakened his ambition. He wasn’t going to miss out on a chance to have pancakes for breakfast. “On your mark! Get set! Go!” giggled Daddy. Both parents struggled not to laugh as clothes whooshed through the air a blink of an eye later, and both children flung themselves onto the bed next to their diapers. Because Paul had chosen the wrong strategy with the cream, it was Mommy who finished 37 seconds earlier. “Pancakes! I want pancakes!” yelled Finny enthusiastically. “But I wanted pancakes!” yawned a confused Lissa. It was clear to see how much she was already fighting sleep. Everyone laughed, including Lissa, who couldn’t help but join in the general delight.

Lissa’s eyes closed as soon as Mommy had put the blanket over her. She was fast asleep before Daddy had even found the page in her book where he had last stopped reading and before Finny had picked up all the clothes from the floor. “Okay, Monkey, come here!” whispered Daddy, holding out his arms to the boy. Finny obeyed and snuggled up to his stepfather, who carried him back downstairs as Mommy turned out the light. Exactly as Daddy had announced, it was 8:15 pm when the three of them returned to the living room. Mommy dimmed the lights, and drinks and a small bowl of chips were on a table by the TV. Carrot sticks and radishes waited on a plate next to it. The Netflix home screen of “Your Name” lit up on the TV.

“Thank you for your help! You did great, honey!” praised Mommy, hugging Sarah. “Yes, cupcake. Thank you very much!” added Daddy, agreeably. He turned so Finny could catch a glimpse of Sarah’s work, too. “Oh, ‘Your Name,’ Cool!” the boy mumbled. Only now did he notice that he still had the pacifier in his mouth. He took it out and buried his face in Daddy’s shoulder in shame. His father sat down in the left corner of the sofa, still holding Finny. Because Sarah hadn’t said anything nasty to him, the boy looked up again. “Thanks, Sis,” he whispered. “Um... don’t do that. I’m going to blush. And it’s not like I’d never do anything nice for you.” Sarah croaked sheepishly and snuggled into the other corner of the huge couch. Mommy sat down in the middle, poured her husband and herself a glass of wine, and started the movie.

Everyone made themselves comfortable. While Sarah and Daddy lolled in the corners, Finny laid his head in his mother’s lap. He wrapped her left arm around him and placed his hand on hers on his chest. It wasn’t long until Finny noticed the pressure in his bladder. He stood up. “Can you take off my diaper? I have to pee!” he whispered directly into Mommy’s ear. She looked at him lovingly, kissed his cheek, and shook her head. “Oh, Sweetie, just go in your Pamper. Remember, no potty worries when you’re wearing Pampers!” Mommy replied, more loudly than Finny would like. “Mommy!” squealed Finny, looking at her reproachfully. He could have sworn he saw a smirk cross Sarah’s face. His eyes glazed over, and his lower lip quivered. His Mommy rested her forehead against his and looked deep into his eyes.

“Sweetie, you can’t cry every time you don’t like something. You’re not a baby, are you? Trust daddy and me. Just relax. Then we can all enjoy the great movie.” she said. “But...” sniffled Finny softly. A tear rolled down his face. Mommy caressed his neck, yet this time did not give in to his pleading puppy dog eyes. Instead, she took his pacifier from the table and put it back in his mouth. Finny snorted but didn’t take it out again. He climbed off her lap and lay down lengthwise on the couch between Daddy and Mommy. In a huff, he pulled his stepfather’s hand to his ear, almost like Lissa would have done when she didn’t get her way. His parents exchanged glances and smiled.

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 6 – Every other Sunday​

They heard a soft hissing noise moments after Daddy began patting his head. “Good boy!” praised Mommy as soon as it had stopped and patted his bottom. Crimson red, Finny hid his face between the couch cushions. For the rest of the heartbreaking movie, neither said a word. Daddy patted and rubbed his stepson’s back the whole time. “Bedtime, Finny. Come on, let’s put some dry panties on you quickly, and then we’ll get you to bed,” Daddy announced when the credits had ended, and he had turned the lights back on. “Okay,” Finny mumbled behind heavy eyelids. “Can I help?” asked Sarah. All at once, the boy was wide awake again! “What?! No!” cried Finny. He pressed his back against Daddy like an animal fleeing from its predator and raised his hands in defense. He eyed her with a mixture of skepticism and sheer panic. Daddy wrapped an arm around the boy’s chest. “You know, Sweetie, maybe it wouldn’t be a bad thing if your big sister learns how to change your diapers,” he explained. “But Daddy!” yelped Finny. “Daddy’s right, and please don’t cry, Monkey.” Mommy purred, stroking her son’s cheeks. “Sarah, could you get the changing things? Finny’s Pampers are in the drawer above Lissa’s. Meet me in his room, and I’ll show you how to do it, dear.” said Mommy. Sarah’s eyes sparkled. “Yes! Right away!” she exclaimed as she ran upstairs.

“I had no idea Finny had his own Pampers!” said Sarah when Finny, Mommy, and Daddy entered the boy’s room. He recognized the mischievous undertone in her voice even if his parents didn’t. She looked at the baby diaper in her hand. She had already laid out the cream, powder, and baby wipes on Finny’s nightstand. “Yeah, they’re a little bigger than Lissa’s,” Mommy explained, taking the item from her hand. “But they have the same cute designs,” noted Sarah. “True,” said Mommy, chuckling. Finny rolled his eyes. “Okay. I’ll guide, and you change him,” declared Mommy once Daddy had placed Finny on his bed. Sarah grinned and nodded enthusiastically. “No!” squealed Finny immediately. “Oh, don’t fuss, Sweetie! We’ll be quick!” purred his mother. “You’re talking to me like a baby again!” the boy whined. As so often, he fought his tears. But Mommy didn’t respond at all, just lovingly stroked his cheeks and tapped his pacifier. Once again, Finny had forgotten that he still had it in his mouth. The grumpy child stared at the wall and began to suck, and sure enough, the calming effect set in almost immediately. Although he obeyed when his mother gave the instructions, he did not look. Barely a minute later, Sarah closed the tapes on his belly. “Good job, honey!” praised Mommy. “That was easy!” chuckled a delighted Sarah. Mommy nodded and explained, “Yes. Finny cooperates so much nicer than Lissa when it comes to changing diapers.” She slipped his pajama bottoms back on her still-deeply-offended son and purred, “Good boy!”

Finny rolled onto his side without another word and pulled his blanket over his head. It took only seconds for him to fall asleep. Lissa eventually snuck in with him and cuddled herself into his arms as she did almost every night when there was no school the next day. A bit of a routine settled in over the next few days. At just after seven, Mommy would check on them both before she went for a run. Lissa and Finny were freshly diapered and watched TV or played one of Lissa’s countless board games together until breakfast. The afternoon they spent outside playing with Oli and the twins. None of the three even mentioned Finny’s accident. It wasn’t the first time something like that had happened to him. At just before 8 pm, he and Lissa got ready for bed together. Still, even on Saturday night, Finny couldn’t empty his bladder while his mother and Lissa were in the bathroom with him. As a result, when his bedtime came, he also needed a diaper change on the third night. However, this time Sarah changed him without either parent being present. Sarah didn’t say a single mean word to him when they were alone. Finny wasn’t sure if it was because her laptop and smartphone were still on the Altar of Atonement or if she had changed that much in such a short time. Instead, she merely gave the same commands that Mommy gave.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was not as leisurely as the days before. Daddy made it a priority for the whole family to go to church together. Because Finny’s confirmation was in the coming spring, it was even more significant to Daddy. While Finny and Sarah were already cleaning up the table at 9:15 am, Mommy and Lissa were already upstairs getting ready. Daddy knelt by Finny and turned the boy to look him directly in the eyes. Sarah drank the last sip from her glass and looked almost as puzzled as her stepbrother. “Finny, honey, I want you to wear a diaper for Church today,” said Daddy in a resolute voice. Sarah nearly choked on her orange juice when her father spoke those words. She grinned as if Christmas and Easter had fallen on the same day. Finny dropped Lissa’s sippy cup that he had been about to put in the dishwasher. The empty, blue plastic cup rolled across the floor with a clatter. With his mouth dropped open, he stared at his stepfather in astonishment. “But Daddy...” squeaked Finny, yet Daddy interrupted him, ticking off on his fingers: “One, Today is your first day as an Altar Server. Two, you can’t leave the service if you need to potty. And three, Mommy and I don’t want anything like Thursday to happen to you again,” he explained calmly, yet in a tone that clearly showed he was serious. Finny’s eyes welled up. He had put on a pull-up before when they had been out for more than a few hours, but the last time his parents had asked him, and it had been more than two years ago. This time they didn’t even ask, and it was going to be an actual baby diaper. He was so shocked that he only realized seconds later that his bladder had given way. His face turned scarlet while the hot liquid spread in his crotch.

“Sarah, would you please have a look and see if you can find Lissa’s old diaper bag? If it’s not in the closet, it should be in the attic,” asked Daddy after he took a sip of his coffee. “Of course, Daddy!” the 15-year-old crooned. “Thanks, Sarah! Finny, please go upstairs so Mommy can get you ready for church,” Daddy continued. Finny sniffled and hung his head, but he got moving. “Oh, come on, buddy. Pottying in your Pamper is much better than in your pants, isn’t it?” asked Daddy, this time in a gentle voice. He tousled Finny’s hair and gave him an affectionate pat on the bottom. “Wow! That’s a soggy booty. It’s about time you got some dry panties on.” he chuckled. As it had so often the last few days, it felt strangely lovely as the warm gel hugged Finny’s groin. Although he was trying hard to look upset, he just couldn’t keep from giggling. “Hey! Don’t do that, daddy!” said Finny much more brightly than he wanted to sound. Daddy shook his head and grinned. The boy rolled his eyes and went upstairs. “There you are, Sweetie! Why don’t you lie down on your bed?” warbled Mommy, who was fixing her hair up in front of Finn’s mirror. On the bed lay one of his Pampers. His mother had already been waiting for him, so it had not been his father’s spontaneous idea. Finny sighed and surrendered to his fate. Just as Mommy sealed the last tape on his nice fresh Pamper, Lissa came into his room. She wore pink underwear and held her Sunday dress in her arms. “Will you help me, Mommy?” Lissa asked, waving at Finny. “In a minute, Princess!” replied Mommy as she rolled up Finny’s wet diaper.

“Doesn’t Lissa have to wear Pampers too?” sobbed Finny. “No, why should she, honey? Lissa doesn’t wet her pants during the day anymore, does she?” replied Mommy adjusting the leg gathers around the little boy’s legs. “Cuz I’m a big girl!” chuckled his half-sister. “Yes, you are, Princess!” laughed Mommy, tickling her youngest stepdaughter’s neck. “But Thursday was just an accident! I’m not a baby!” sobbed Finn. “Oh, honey. Nobody said that you’re a baby. Don’t cry again!” cooed Mommy gently and hugged him tightly. “But you know as well as I do that it wasn’t just Thursday. You’ve been going through three diapers a day for a while now. Would you like your binky for a moment, Monkey?” she whispered. Finny shook his head. Sarah had been watching the events from the doorway. “I packed Finny’s diaper bag. Will two spare Pampers be enough if we go out for brunch after church?” she sang, as innocently as if she were talking about a baby after all.

“Thank you, darling! Better pack a spare pair of clothes, just in case. Finny was famous for his blowouts, and I doubt that’s changed. And please pack at least six diapers. Any mommy who takes their baby out with less than half a dozen diapers is begging for trouble. If you could also make sure there’s a changing pad, disposal bags, wipes, powder, and cream and make sure the wipes haven’t dried out, that would be great! It’s been almost two years since we’ve needed it.” replied Mommy, honestly grateful. Finny couldn’t believe what just happened. He glared intensely at his stepsister, his lower lip quivered, and big tears rolled down his cheeks one by one. Mommy looked at her troubled son and, without thinking twice, took the pacifier from his nightstand and put it in his mouth. Finny was furious and wanted to grab it immediately. Still, she held his arms tightly and looked deep into his eyes. “No. It stays in until you stop crying. Don’t act like a baby if you don’t want us to treat you like one, mister,” Mommy said, slightly annoyed since they were running out of time. Not allowing another discussion, she quickly dressed Finny in the snow-white shirt she laid out on his bed and his slacks, socks, and dress shoes right after that. “It’s a good thing I dressed you this morning, or we’d be late for church!” Mommy exclaimed brightly.

Last edited:

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
And on that note we're caught up with Kirigaya. Stay tuned for the further adventures of Finny and how he feels about falling back past his little four year old sister as she gains mastery of the fine art of the potty just as he loses his.

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 7 – Arriving at church​

The ride to church was uneventful as Sarah still hadn’t gotten her electronics back, so Finny was safe from her teasing. When they arrived at the St. Isidore of Seville Catholic Church, the whole family trekked to the nursery to drop off Lissa. The nursery worker lit up when she saw them, “Hello! I’m so glad we have Lissy today!” the elderly woman exclaimed. As she reached for the diaper bag, she continued, “Is she having a bit of a ‘potty setback’? That happens so often with little ones…” Mommy moved the bag out of the sweet woman’s grasp, “Actually, Lissa is in her pretty pink princess panties today. We expect that soon she won’t even need her Pampers at night! These are for someone else who’s been having troubles…” She hadn’t mentioned Finny directly, but he still blushed bright red. He couldn’t help it, but his red cheeks spoke louder than words exactly whose diaper bag it was.

The nursery worker noticed immediately, “Oh! Are we going to have Finny back with us again?!” Both Lissa and Sarah were instantly excited about him spending the day in the nursery for very different reasons. Lissa grabbed her Mommy’s hand, “Oh! could he Mommy?! Pleeeease?!” she pleaded. The nursery worker interjected: “Actually, once our little ones are reliably dry during the day, they can move on to the preschool class. So you can pick up Lissa’s extra ‘supplies’ and take her there! But If Finny’s having potty problems, he’ll have to stay here instead of going to other Sunday School classes. The nursery is the only classroom equipped for diaper changes.” Mommy pondered for a moment and then shook her head. “I’m sorry, but Finny is really looking forward to being an Altar Server, and that training starts today.” “If it’s okay with Father to start his training as an Altar Server, that should be fine. But if he ends up needing a change, bring him right over. Our changing table will make it a breeze!” If there were any way for Finny to get any redder, he would have. The thought of having his diaper changed in the crowded nursery was mortifying.

“You guys wait here a sec while I get Lissa’s old supplies,” said Mommy as she ducked into an adjoining room with a wall of cribs and another wall of cubbies. A quick search identified Lissa’s cubby with half a dozen diapers in it. “Huh. We might be able to use these as backup diapers if we run out of Finny’s. They weren’t THAT tight on him,” she thought as she tucked them into a side pocket of the diaper bag.

In moments they arrived at the Preschool classroom. They had just dropped Lissa off when Mommy paused: “Oh, wait! I almost forgot Lissa’s stuffie!” and unzipped the diaper bag. Finny caught sight of the bag’s contents and realized that Sara had packed at least a dozen diapers for him as she started digging. “How many diapers does she think I’ll need?!?!” Finny thought. “I can help, Mommy,” Lissa said as she started tugging on the side of the diaper bag, looking for her stuffed animal. Unfortunately, the four-year-old’s lack of coordination caused several of Finny’s diapers to fall out of the bag when she seemingly tried to climb into the diaper bag. “Hold on, Punkin, I’ve got this,” said Mommy as she carefully extracted Lissa, who was seriously endangering the shoulder strap.

A boy from the class saw the diapers as they hit the ground, and before anyone could stop him, he grabbed them and asked, “Do you wear diapers? Because babies who wear diapers need to stay in the nursery, not with us big kids!” “No, these are my big brother’s diapers,” Lissa responded without even thinking, and Finny once again flushed red. For some reason, hearing a little boy say Finny belonged in the nursery overwhelmed him with embarrassment. It was the embarrassing cherry on the top of the world’s largest embarrassment sundae. Emotions so overcame him that his eyes started to tear up, but that wasn’t the only thing leaking, and Finny wet his second diaper of the day. His third if you include his overnight diaper. And his last few wettings had been actual accidents. He would need new pants if he didn't need a new Pamper. Soon the tiny stuffed animal made its appearance, the shameful bag was repacked and zipped closed again, and the family moved on. A quick pause at the High School room to drop Sarah off and then on to the Narthex for Finny’s training.

As they passed the bathrooms, Mommy halted the group. “Wait a minute. I think I heard something back there.” She grabbed Finny’s shoulder from behind with one hand and, with the other, patted the bottom of his diaper to check for wetness. “I thought so. Normally you’d be fine, but it’s going to be a while before I can change you again. We’d best get your Pamper changed now, so you don’t leak before the end of the service,” she quietly said into Finny’s ear and took his hand, leading him towards the women’s restroom. In a louder voice, she turned back to Daddy, “You head to your activities. I’ll sort out Our Finny.” “Wait! I can’t go in there!” he objected. “I need to change your diaper somewhere! We can’t do it out here! Unless you want me to change you in the nursery, I haven’t used that changing table in a while…” “Okay, okay!” he said quietly, “The women’s restroom is fine. I hope nobody else is in there!”

Luckily the room was empty when they arrived. Mommy opened up the diaper bag, pulled out the changing pad, and carefully laid it out on the couch. Then she picked up Finny under his armpits and laid him down with his butt square in the middle of the plastic-covered pad. When his butt touched down, he felt the squish of the sodden padding under his bottom and realized just how right his Mommy was. If he hadn’t gotten a fresh Pamper, he would have leaked during Mass which would have been horrible. Mommy took Finny’s pants down to his ankles and commented, “This is nice! We can change your diaper without having to take off your shoes! If you were wearing a pull-up, this would have been so much harder!” Finny couldn’t pay attention. Every diaper change made him more and more embarrassed as his conviction that he wasn’t a baby kept eroding. Lissa would soon be entirely out of diapers, and it looked more and more like Finny would be back in them full time soon. He was brought back into the present moment when Mommy ripped open the two tight Velcro tabs on his diaper with a loud tearing sound.

As she opened up his diaper, she commented, “You were wetter than I thought! I’m sure glad I decided to get you into a nice fresh Pamper.” Out came a sweet-smelling wipe and Mommy gently cleaned all the icky pee from Finny’s tender skin. Then she grabbed his ankles and lifted his little bottom from the pad so she could clean back there. “It may be a good thing I’m taking care of this, Finny. You missed some poopies back here the last time you wiped.” This comment about his bathroom skills was a fresh blow to his already bruised big-boy status. Soon enough, though, Mommy had him clean, pulled the soggy diaper out from underneath him, and set him back down so she could deal with the wet one. “You stay still, baby, while I take care of your wets,” she commented as she bundled his used diaper up around the wipes she had used. After disposing of the evidence and washing her hands, Mommy returned to Finny. With a smile, she lifted his ankles back up into the air, saying “Bottoms Up!” and with her other hand slid a nice clean diaper under the bottom she mentioned earlier. As she set him back down on his diaper, Finny heard a sound that was probably the last thing he wanted to hear: the bathroom door opening.

“You need to try, honey, even if you think you don’t have to. We need to see if we can try to get through Sunday School without having an accident.” A woman said as she gently drew her preschool daughter into the restroom. As soon as the little girl saw the couch, she pointed, drawing her mother’s attention to Finny and his diaper change. “Don’t point, dear. It’s not polite, and some little boys just have more trouble with potties than my baby girl,” she said as she ushered the staring girl into the nearest stall. Finny watched them right back as his Mommy lotioned and powdered him, taped up his new diaper, and pulled up his pants. For the first time in his life, he envied the potty skills of a toddler, wishing he was the one in the pull-ups her mother mentioned as they used the bathroom. As they left the bathroom, Finny realized that Mommy and Sarah asked him to help with all his earlier diaper changes. In this one, Mommy just lifted him without asking, and he hadn’t even noticed until just now.

A short time later, Mommy and Finny arrived at the Narthex for Finny’s training. Several young boys had gathered around an older boy and an older man. When the older boy noticed their arrival, he called out, “You must be Finn. You’re almost late. We’re about to begin.” Without thinking, Mommy blurted out, “We just had to… sort something out with Finny here, sorry for the delay.” Finny’s stomach dropped when his Mommy paused. He was terrified that she was about to tell everyone she had just changed his diaper. Mommy was startled as well with how close she came to saying something she would NEVER have expected to say about her 13-year-old son. Of course, with as many diapers as he’s been going through, it’s no wonder it was getting harder and harder to think of him as a teenager. She had been amazingly quick to fall into the old habits of Finny the Toddler's Mommy. As bad as Mommy felt for Finny about this, she found it strangely satisfying to have her baby back. She gave Finny a gentle hug and couldn’t help but give the back of his diaper the old pat pat squeeze of old. Luckily she was facing away from the other boys. However, Finny’s face still went red as he felt his Mommy checking for a poopy diaper.

Last edited:

pierrylouys

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is nice the way you are showing the way of his mom see finny! And I think very soon finny gonna see too that he loves being mommy little guy ! I hope Sarah can get more nicer with him now ! Keep the good work and ansious to see next part

LudoErgoSum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Chapter 8 – Altar Server training and Mass​

Finny joined the other boys sitting on the floor. He was a little concerned that someone would notice his diaper through his clothes, but nobody gave him a second glance. The crinkling from his Pamper also made him nervous, especially when he sat down. The extra padding he could plainly feel crinkled so loudly, he didn’t understand how everyone missed it. He was the oldest, the smallest, and the only one wearing a diaper.

As he surveyed the boys sitting with him, one stood out. Finny’s “bully senses” were tingling. He hoped he was wrong, but this boy paid more attention to the boy next to him than the people up front. “Thank you for coming to Altar Server training. I’m Alfred, the Lead Altar Server here. After you complete this training, you will all be Apprentices. With more knowledge and experience, you may become Juniors, Seniors, or one of you may even be the Lead Altar Server someday. You won’t even get to be Apprentices, though, if you don’t pay attention!

Alfred looked very pointedly at the boy trying to talk to his neighbor, although the neighbor wasn’t having any of it. “And what is your name?” he asked pointedly. “Uh… Tanner?” the boy responded. “So, Tanner, do you have any questions? I’ll be much more likely to answer them than Danny would.” “Yeah, I’m just wondering. Why is Finny here? You have to be in fourth grade to be an Altar Server, and he’s not even in kindergarten!” Finny had started to calm down, but this comment set off a whole new wave of embarrassment. “Finn is older than he looks. If you can’t respect your fellow Altar Servers, then you might not be right for this job,” Alfred said pointedly. He walked over to Finny and laid a gentle hand on the small boy’s shoulders. “But what if we don’t want to work with a baby like Finny!” Tanner objected again. “Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. Tanner, you will stop picking on Finn, or you won’t work as an Altar Server with anybody.” Tanner finally got the picture that Alfred wasn’t going to put up with this behavior and settled down, pouting.

After that, Tanner paid marginally more attention or was less disruptive, which is almost as good. Alfred could focus on going over the parts of the church, complete with a short tour. Then he showed them the different items they would have to be able to identify. Finally, their Lead went over the prayers they would have to learn by heart. After all this, he handed out a booklet to each boy that contained everything they would need to know. “…in conclusion, you’ll need to work on this at home because we just don’t have enough time during church for you to memorize everything you need to know. Get your parents to help if you need to. During today’s Mass, you will all sit quietly in the front of the church and observe us as we do what you will learn. Today, the Altar Servers are all very experienced, so we should be an excellent example for you guys. Pay attention and try to remember any questions you have. Today’s Altar Servers will wait after Mass, and you will have an opportunity to ask us any questions you have.” As Alfred finished up his talk, Finny felt a rumbling in his tummy that led to a mini potty dance. It settled down quickly, though, and he promptly forgot all about it.

After Alfred went off to start getting ready for Mass, Tanner ran off to get into some trouble or other, and Danny made a point of walking over to Finny. “I’m so sorry Tanner was mean to you,” Danny said, “I’m Danny. You’re Finn, right?” Finny blushed and responded, “Yeah, I’m Finn. I get that a lot. I’ve always been small.” “That’s okay. Wanna work on these prayers together?” Danny asked. “Yeah! That would be great!” Finny responded, excited that he may have another friend. They talked for a bit in the back of the church until folks started showing up for Mass.

“So, how was your training? When are you going to Serve Mass? Do you know?” Mommy asked Finny as soon as she found him. “Training was nice, the Lead was nice, and I made a friend. There was another boy who picked on me, though. He called me a baby, Mommy!” Finny said with tears starting to gather in his eyes. “Well, he shouldn’t be able to pick on you during Mass, honey. Everybody should be far too busy. Let us find our seats.” Mommy said as she briefly pulled Finny close. “But I need to sit in the front with the other Apprentices, Mommy.” “Well, you be a good boy then, pay attention, and don’t talk during Mass except when you’re supposed to.” “Yes, Mommy.” And Finny headed up to sit next to Danny as his Mommy found her seat.

As the service went on, Finny got more and more uncomfortable. His tummy started churning and rumbling, and it became more and more evident that he needed to use the potty. But when his belly complained, there was always something going on Finny had to watch. Finally, Father spoke the benediction, and Mass was over. Finny was about to get up and run to the bathroom when Danny grabbed his arm, “Which part did you like best?” Danny asked as Finny started doing the potty dance. “I’d like to hold the Bible,” Finny responded uncomfortably. “I’d like to carry the cross in the beginning. How do you think they choose who does what?” “I don’t know, but I’ve gotta go. I’ll talk to you later.” “But I don’t know your number.” “Ask my Mommy,” and Finny finally broke off, awkwardly walking towards his Mommy.

“Mommy, Mommy, I gotta go potty!” he said urgently when his Mommy was close. “One moment, Finny, I’m talking. I’ll be with you in just a moment.” As soon as his Mommy turned away from him, the dam burst and Finny felt a hot mess fill his Pamper. Poop and pee both flooded from him, quickly overwhelming the padding. He felt warm mush squeeze past the waistband in the back as pee overwhelmed the leg guards and soaked his pants. Finny’s heart stopped as the sound and smell clearly announced what he had just done. “Oh, Finny!” Mommy exclaimed, “what did you just do, baby?” His eyes immediately filled with tears and his face contorted as he was utterly overwhelmed with embarrassment and regret. Mommy’s heart broke as the face Finny made was identical to the face he made when he was a distraught toddler. She scooped him up carefully around his shoulders and knees to avoid any pressure that could make the mess from his soiled diaper worse. “Shhh shhh shhh,” Mommy quietly said into his ears as she walked back into the church. She didn’t have to say anything to her friend because it was completely obvious to everyone precisely what was going on.

Soon they made it to the nursery. The kind older woman they talked to earlier was still there as some of the toddlers’ parents hadn’t picked them up yet. “Someone needs the changing table,” Mommy said as she released her hand from Finny’s shoulders, leaning him against her and going through the half door. As soon as she got into the nursery, she went straight to the changing table and carefully laid Finny down with his shoulders first so that she didn’t squeeze more mess out of his Pamper. Mommy carefully took off Finny’s shoes and socks. “I wish you could still wear the clothes with the snaps in the crutch,” Mommy muttered. She unbuckled and unsnapped Finny’s pants and lifted him by the ankles so she could get his soiled slacks down over his little bum.

Setting his butt carefully back down, Mommy carefully slid his pants off very carefully to not get his poopies on anything else. A plastic bag appeared in her hand, seemingly by magic, and she carefully tucked his soiled pants inside. “You sure made a mess, baby,” Mommy commented as Mommy unbuttoned his crisp white shirt. “This changing table will surely help a lot, though.” The way Finny was lying, you couldn’t tell what a mess he made of it, and when she got the last button, Mommy put her arm behind his shoulders so she could carefully slip his arms out of the sleeves. Finny was so distraught he was lost in his world of misery and had no idea he was having his diaper changed on a changing table for the first time in nine years. Mommy was much more aware of the situation. While she felt terrible that Finny was having such a hard time, she enjoyed taking care of him in a way she hadn’t been able to for a while.

When Finny was down to just his thoroughly abused Pamper, Mommy, seemingly by reflex, strapped Finny down. Then she took a moment to extract some more supplies from his diaper bag. Out came the wipes, powder, and lotion. In went the plastic bag full of his soiled clothes. As Mommy started opening the tapes on Finny’s diaper, one of her friends arrived to pick up her baby from the nursery.

“Hi, Vera!” Said the new arrival. “Hi Sadie, just taking care of my Punkin, here,” as she pulled the front of Finny’s diaper down and used the inside to try to wipe up as much as she could. Hopefully, that would ease the burden on the wipes later. “Lissy is still making messy diapers?” Sadie said, surprised. “Oh, this isn’t Lissa. Finny has been having troubles lately, so we put him back in Pampers. It’s a good thing we did, too.” It was at this moment that Finny returned to awareness. He realized Mommy was changing his poopy diaper in front of a family friend, and his cheeks burned once more. It took six baby wipes to clean up Finny’s bottom and another two to clean up the pad underneath him. “If you’re going to make poopies in your Pamper, we need to use lotion,” Mommy commented in the middle of her conversation with Sadie about taking care of a baby. That comment and the discussion of bibs, bottles, and binkies should have had Finny glowing crimson. He had been so embarrassed today he started to run out of embarrassment. The rosy blush started to leave his cheeks as Mommy lifted his ankles and slid a fresh, soft, Pamper under his bottom. It was almost gone when she gently pressed the second tape tight closed under his belly button.

Once Finny was in a nice fresh Pamper, his Mommy started digging in the diaper bag again. “What is Mommy digging in there for this time?” Finny pondered. “Ah, haha, haha!” Mommy said, sounding almost like a scene from Mary Poppins, as she pulled a pair of sweatpants from the bag. A moment later, Mommy slipped Finny into his sweatpants, socks, and shoes, unstrapped him, and lifted him down from the changing table. The sweatpants were tighter than Finny or Mommy would have liked, and you could see the fold of the Pamper very clearly at the base of his bottom, giving him the “toddler square butt” look.

“Well, that’s certainly not ideal,” Mommy commented as she dug in the diaper bag again. “Oh, here’s the top your sissy packed!” she happily exclaimed as she pulled a pink t-shirt out. The shirt seemed longer than you would expect, and there were snaps at the bottom for some reason. “Oh, I’d completely forgotten we had that. We got this for Lissa when she showed some interest in dance, but it was a little too big for her. It probably fits you quite well, though.” Mommy reached down and pulled his sweatpants down below his diaper and then pulled the shirt over his head. She was right, it was a bit tight but slid over his chest, and Mommy could easily snap the tabs at the bottom over Finny’s Pamper. Mommy had to step back and take a quick look at Finny. The shirt covered the front of his diaper, but the sides poofed out the legs and made Finny indistinguishable from a toddler. Just looking warmed Mommy’s heart for a moment before she pulled his sweatpants back up.

With Finny’s state of dress, Mommy went into Toddler Mommy mode and acted without thinking. She pulled a pacifier out of the diaper bag, attached its clip to the collar of Finny’s onesie, popped it into his mouth, and picked him up on her hip. Finny just laid his head on Mommy’s shoulder, put his arms around Mommy’s neck, and suckled on his binkie as they walked out the door into the hall. Neither Mommy nor Finny fully realizing they had entirely slipped into the role of Toddler and Mommy. In moments they met Sarah, Lissa, and Daddy in the hall outside the sanctuary before heading to the car.

Last edited:

pierrylouys

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Wow that was a intense chapter ! Now finny is mommy little toddler all over again!
loved this chapter and how well you show finny regressing !