Status
Not open for further replies.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
i figured I'd share this with you guys.

I'm in special edu. The doctors thought i'd be mentally disabled. They where wrong but they still put me in there. so I have almost no hope of a full filling career. or a good future. any way then I found art/photography and have decided to pursue a career in that Field. Thats not to say that I don't like the people in there. I just want more out of my life. I don't want to work a crappy job all my life. My mother is just agents me on most things. But I still Listin. But I guess i should just hold on tight and see where this ride takes me.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Art might just be your way into an exciting and rewarding life. I'm a professional musician, and it's helped pay the bills all of my life. It can be done.

S

secretdl26

I just looked at your Deviantart site, and I have to say, you really do have a future in photography. Follow your dream and do whatever is necessary to continue your progress in photography. I hope it works out for you!

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Doctors suck. They said I was going to be a midget.... Now I'm 6'4. I could Definetly pass as the worlds tallest midget because if that mistake.

Enjoy life.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Is It Your Info That Says "Favourite Movie: Flyboys?" If It Is, Awesome! I Love That Film. :D WWI Films Are Always My Favourite Though. Flyboys, The Trench, Deathwatch. :D

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The doctors said I would be a frog, but I showed them by becoming a cow

Do you mean you were put in special classes in grade school? If so, I don't think those would even matter with a career. It's the college classes that matter.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
The doctors said I would be a frog, but I showed them by becoming a cow

Do you mean you were put in special classes in grade school? If so, I don't think those would even matter with a career. It's the college classes that matter.

Oh Crap. :D

I'm In A Special Group, And I'm In College. "LSU" Its Called, "Learning Support Unit" Is What It Stands For. :D

College Is Like, The Last School You Go To, Unless You Go To University.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
Aye, I know how it is; I've been in Special Ed for a few years now, and it sucks. The work is too easy, and the teachers are very annoying. I don't even understand why I'm in there. Probably because I have the Math level of a 3rd Grader? I don't know.
I'm not currently in Special Ed right now, I'm at a new Alternative school, which is like a school for special kids? That's at least how I look at it.
I've been told it's the college classes that matter, not necessarily the High School classes.
Just go to college and find something you really WANT to do, that way, you can look at it not as a "Job" but something you can (somewhat) look forward to everyday, that's what my Entry teacher tells me all the time.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was in special education due to behavioral problems I was rarely challenged however it's still 100% possible to get out of it and get a great job/career. Also if your on a I.E.P like I was I highly suggest sitting in on all of the meetings. I started doing that at around 9 years old so I can find out and have a say in what school I might be going to next. Mostly due to moving and other times due to the schools special ed program cutting off at a certain grade I.E. 3rd/6th grade.

But really if you want to show them you do not need to be in there then show them that. I could of done that and I should have but I perfered a other placement rather then the normal high school, since I wasn't able to go to the good high school.

In any case you shouldn't worry about what you could of done in the past but worry about what you are going to do.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
i figured I'd share this with you guys.

I'm in special edu. The doctors thought i'd be mentally disabled. They where wrong but they still put me in there. so I have almost no hope of a full filling career. or a good future. any way then I found art/photography and have decided to pursue a career in that Field. Thats not to say that I don't like the people in there. I just want more out of my life. I don't want to work a crappy job all my life. My mother is just agents me on most things. But I still Listin. But I guess i should just hold on tight and see where this ride takes me.

I've read your posts and see no developmental disability. A few spelling mistakes that indicate nothing at all. Or anything to worry about. And you like ska. Many people have brains which do some, even most things well, and some not so well. Or some very poorly. It is irritating when a narrow brain malfunction gets in the way of all the functions that are just fine. To me you seem fine and I see no reason you should not meet with success down the road.

PurpleGecko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Interesting...I was put into the special ed class from 2nd to 3rd grade solely for behavior problems...I was just weird. It must have been a strain on my teachers, because the majority of my classmates were legitimately "special", while I received honor roll type awards, placed in my school's spelling bee and was reading full novels just for fun. I went back to normal classes until middle school, when my behavior problems acted up again and I got sent to a special ed school which was made up of both "special" people and juvenile delinquents. Once again, in less than a year I was able to transition right back into regular school.

Even then, I had encounters with counselors, one of whom told my parents I should be institutionalized. I've never been hospitalized, I have no medications, I have a good job, am in college, have a social life, have had girlfriends (one steady enough to last almost two years), and am living a perfectly happy life.

Teachers just doesn't know how to handle the artistic/creative/smart/non-conformist students...being placed in special ed because of that doesn't mean anything. If anything, it should be a compliment, that you think so differently from "normal" children that professional teachers have no idea what to do with you. I guarantee there's at least a good handful of extremely brilliant people who were misdiagnosed as disabled.

A

Asher

When a doctor diagnosed me with Asperger's when I was 5, I was put into a special school. That was not pleasant; the kids were just..."somewhere else." But then my dad took me out and literally taught me how to interact with people and make it seem like I'm not autistic; something the special ed school FAILED to do. It worked; to this day, only my close friends know I'm autistic.

When you really think about it, there is something wrong with our education system. I mean, there are so many us just on this forum that proved that, in all honestly, special ed. just doesn't mean that you will not be able to succeed in life. Like everyone has said before, it is about the college classes, not the high school classes.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Is It Your Info That Says "Favourite Movie: Flyboys?" If It Is, Awesome! I Love That Film. :D WWI Films Are Always My Favourite Though. Flyboys, The Trench, Deathwatch. :D

Horay for WWII movies I can't find anyone who knows about that movie.

I've read your posts and see no developmental disability. A few spelling mistakes that indicate nothing at all.

There is a secret to that. it's called spell cheack.:smile:

Aye, I know how it is; I've been in Special Ed for a few years now, and it sucks. The work is too easy, and the teachers are very annoying. I don't even understand why I'm in there. Probably because I have the Math level of a 3rd Grader? I don't know.
I'm not currently in Special Ed right now, I'm at a new Alternative school, which is like a school for special kids? That's at least how I look at it.
I've been told it's the college classes that matter, not necessarily the High School classes.
Just go to college and find something you really WANT to do, that way, you can look at it not as a "Job" but something you can (somewhat) look forward to everyday, that's what my Entry teacher tells me all the time.

Ok so you are or have had the same experience I've had.

I would love to meet the brain surgen that had told my mom that I was probly going to be a vegetable. I'd like to give him what for.

Status
Not open for further replies.