• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

A job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I finally got a job in this hard economy. The bad part is this though... I will have to completely give up going to my cottage this summer, coincedentailly this is where my best friends are for their entire summer break. I will not see them once this summer. So, to add to my already bad social situation on the hoimefront, I will now most likely never see my summer friends ever again. So, what does this add up to be for me? Well money which is wonderful, but as a negative point it means I will have little to no social contact with teenagers and my very very few friends for 3 months:frown::frown: :frown: :frown:

B

Butterfly Mage

Getting a job is very, very important. It's good to have an income stream. Congratulations!

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Congratulations on getting a job....I been looking for a job for the last couple months with no luck so far.

B

Butterfly Mage

Hey, even being a Laborer is a good find when the unemployment rate is nearly 10% now.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Congrats on your job. What exactly will you be doing? Like construction, or something like that?

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Jobs are jobs, congrats. I've had my job for four years, and I am proud of that. Longest I've ever had a job and I hope your job works out for you as well as mine has.

WildThing121675

bgi39jsjw0ggg

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey, even being a Laborer is a good find when the unemployment rate is nearly 10% now.
Actually, the unemployment rate is worse than that. As a way of making the economy seem stronger after the dotcom crash and 9/11, the unemployment measurement was changed to only reflect people actively looking for work. After you didn't have a job for X months (12, I think), they assume you're no longer looking for work and therefore you're no longer among the ranks of the unemployed. So the actual number is much worse.

Which makes his finding a job that much more awesome.

Role
Private
Actually, the unemployment rate is worse than that. As a way of making the economy seem stronger after the dotcom crash and 9/11, the unemployment measurement was changed to only reflect people actively looking for work. After you didn't have a job for X months (12, I think), they assume you're no longer looking for work and therefore you're no longer among the ranks of the unemployed. So the actual number is much worse.

Which makes his finding a job that much more awesome.
And this is the key difference between how we measure "unemployment" and how the French do.

I would really like to see a second figure - "under-employment" - introduced into the measurement pool. I'll bet that quite a few people who are "employed" are actually "under-employed," meaning that their pay/responsibilities/respect is well below their training.

Status
Not open for further replies.