A Good Diaper for Post-op (Wife as Caretaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Thanks for your responses. I am a fetishist, and I don't think I'll need them. But, yes, my wife wants me to wear for stress, and I'd never push my fetish on anyone. The idea is to do it discretely so hopefully they'd not know. I wouldn't wear during the actual operation though.
About the catheter. The hospital policy is to allow the patients to refuse any non emergency treatment, so I'm going to refuse. Infections run 10% for catheters. If they need to measure output, I'll remove the diaper. Same with discharge. I guess you have to be able to toilet yourself before they let you go.
The Cushies might actually work, but the babyish print makes me skittish. Do Abena cloth backed have sturdy tapes? I know the plastic ones have poor odor control, do the cloth like?

With the toiletting yourself part they will just ask if you were able to go to the bathroom. If you are keeping it discrete then ok. The only time they held me up and made sure I could go by watching was when I had a temp colostomy for 6 months and after they reversed it.

As for forgiving tapes the clothed backed Abenas definitely have the edge there. Odor control with the cloth backed ones was lacking, but I admit that it has been a while since I tried them. Someone else mentioned cloth diapers. If you were able to get some of those in time they would be the most forgiving.

xtrabulk said:
Hi all! Thanks for your responses. I am a fetishist, and I don't think I'll need them. But, yes, my wife wants me to wear for stress, and I'd never push my fetish on anyone. The idea is to do it discretely so hopefully they'd not know.
Thanks for being an example of discretion.
xtrabulk said:
I wouldn't wear during the actual operation though.
Actually, unless they need to reach your diaper area to do the operation, you can just avoid the conflabbed thing altogether, except in emergencies. For example, they don't need to wait 'til you naturally pee blood. If they think you may do that, they need to put a foley in and find out, like yesterday!
xtrabulk said:
The hospital policy is to allow the patients to refuse any non emergency treatment, so I'm going to refuse. Infections run 10% for catheters. If they need to measure output, I'll remove the diaper. Same with discharge. I guess you have to be able to toilet yourself before they let you go.
That's the policy everywhere, but most patients aren't informed of it. I have heard of some folks getting into trouble for changing themselves, because a CNA is trained to know how to change a patient without raising infection or shearing risk. Shearing is when a patient has such thin skin, that one wrong move could could cause it to came off. A CNA is also supposed to document color, volume, odor, consistancy, and the presence of skin lacerations, abrasions, bruises, or decubidous ulcers (bed soars.) I've seen YouTube vids on how to do it. Search, "male parineal care," and click, "New for 2015." It'll start with female first, and by the way, I'd consider it immodest to let anyone but a family member or significant other do that for me, especially if I were a boy. As you can guess, male peri care's there at the end.

xtrabulk said:
The Cushies might actually work, but the babyish print makes me skittish. Do Abena cloth backed have sturdy tapes? I know the plastic ones have poor odor control, do the cloth like?
Cloth diapers would be the most forgiving, but would probably be hard for your wife to find a chance to wash, since she knows she came from your side, so that's her place, especially with you in the hospital. It's really touching that she knows that.

Abena is good brand for the lack of carcinogens and allergens. The tapes are quite strong, but if you've had odor issues with the plastic-backs, I can't see the clothlike-backed ones meeting your needs. Might a Bambino Blanco work, considering it's all white, meaning nondescript, has no wetness indicator to tattle on you, and has a landing strip for tapes? Then again, the crinkle might tattle. Confidry 24/7, or Comficare maybe good, but have that conflabbed tattling wetness indicator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back