A Double Dose of "Different": Disorders and Diaper Loving

Kymi said:
'M to F transgender' isn't a disability.
I have three family members who transitioned , one male to female and the other female to male and one who identifies as non binary. I don't consider it to be a disability either way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua
I've never really been diagnosed with anything in particular. I did have similar issues as IBS. I recently stopped take meds that help slow my system down. Seems like system is mostly back to normal. I also tried 2 different meds for anxiety I was getting with male performance stress trying to please and get wife pregnant. Stopped them since they threw all my senses into overdrive. They really screwed me up. Guess I just have a kink then!

Interesting to read! I posted the other day about the Triangle regarding us that I learned early on. ABDL has many different meanings for each of us but usually fits into three categories. Imagine a triangle that has an arc in each corner, and the arcs overlap in the middle. The corners each have a label. I don't recall the exact wording, but one was a regression as a coping skill, diaper lovers, and the adult baby. As each area overlaps some into the other areas, it is up to the person to decide where they truly fit.
The first time I learned that I wasn't the only "weirdo" that did this was in 1992. (an expanded version is in my profile) I had come home from work and my wife told me about the Donahue episode on the subject. But Donahue's focus was all on the fetish side of the behavior for dramatic effect. From 1975, after two back surgeries a week apart, I gradually began to have extreme urges that I couldn't control. I was in the Shriners hospital that was an eight-month stay, and I was terrified to let the nurses know.

From about age 4, I discovered that I really wanted to be about 18 months again is it felt much safer. Mom used diaper punishment when I'd have a small accident until I was over 5 years old. Her diapering kept reinforcing the regression. As I grew up she'd find the new stash I had collected. The talk was always the same with her asking why I did this and saying next time she'd tell dad. Of course, I could only shrug as I had no idea why I was doing this.

I was born with severe scoliosis and a club foot. My first surgery was at six months, and two more by age three with painful bracing on the foot. When I began school the severe bullying began on almost day one and didn't let up until high school. Kids, and some teachers, seemed to think that since I had physical issues I had to be mentally deficient!! All this worked to reinforce regression to cope.

So, this is why I was terrified to say anything to the nurses and managed to keep the problem hidden for the most part. When I got home I learned to drink extremely little before and in school. I started buying disposable baby diapers to use as protection at school just in case. I'd use a thick bath towel at night. Mom never seemed to notice an extra towel in the laundry with six in the household.

I told my wife of the problem and she was somewhat accepting. But, finally, my urine flow became extremely diminished. I finally saw a urologist that told me that severe scar tissue had built up along the urinary tract. This was caused by a night nurse getting tangled with the catheter and all but yanked it out!!

After surgery to reconstruct a new urinary tract I had normal control but told my wife otherwise. But in 1992 she challenged me after seeing Donahue. When asked if that was me I vehemently denied it, but finally realized there was someone like me, but the way they acted out didn't match me at all. Yes, I'd occasionally masturbate in a diaper, but maybe once a week at most. It was 90% about regression. I began to research it as I had just gotten a PC and internet. What I found intrigued me and disgusted me at the same time. After a few months, I finally wrote out a letter describing this the best I could. I left it on the table and went to work. I never anticipated her reaction. I had just come off the board of a relatively large church. My wife called ALL our friends and acquaintances in the church, as well as the pastor!! I was devastated. I ended up inpatient at a Christian-based mental hospital. This also was a major mistake. Instead of really listening to me as I best tried to describe the issue the staff pigeon-holed me and stated I had a sexual addiction!! My life went to hell after that, especially when they told my wife what they thought.

I know this is long, but the issue around diapers for us is very complicated and meets various needs. Thankfully, in the last few years, I finally got the help I needed to truly understand this and to start to accept it as a part of me.

• Sad
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, abjohn, sport1 and 2 others
babyscotty37 said:
Interesting to read! I posted the other day about the Triangle regarding us that I learned early on. ABDL has many different meanings for each of us but usually fits into three categories. Imagine a triangle that has an arc in each corner, and the arcs overlap in the middle. The corners each have a label. I don't recall the exact wording, but one was a regression as a coping skill, diaper lovers, and the adult baby. As each area overlaps some into the other areas, it is up to the person to decide where they truly fit.
The first time I learned that I wasn't the only "weirdo" that did this was in 1992. (an expanded version is in my profile) I had come home from work and my wife told me about the Donahue episode on the subject. But Donahue's focus was all on the fetish side of the behavior for dramatic effect. From 1975, after two back surgeries a week apart, I gradually began to have extreme urges that I couldn't control. I was in the Shriners hospital that was an eight-month stay, and I was terrified to let the nurses know.

From about age 4, I discovered that I really wanted to be about 18 months again is it felt much safer. Mom used diaper punishment when I'd have a small accident until I was over 5 years old. Her diapering kept reinforcing the regression. As I grew up she'd find the new stash I had collected. The talk was always the same with her asking why I did this and saying next time she'd tell dad. Of course, I could only shrug as I had no idea why I was doing this.

I was born with severe scoliosis and a club foot. My first surgery was at six months, and two more by age three with painful bracing on the foot. When I began school the severe bullying began on almost day one and didn't let up until high school. Kids, and some teachers, seemed to think that since I had physical issues I had to be mentally deficient!! All this worked to reinforce regression to cope.

So, this is why I was terrified to say anything to the nurses and managed to keep the problem hidden for the most part. When I got home I learned to drink extremely little before and in school. I started buying disposable baby diapers to use as protection at school just in case. I'd use a thick bath towel at night. Mom never seemed to notice an extra towel in the laundry with six in the household.

I told my wife of the problem and she was somewhat accepting. But, finally, my urine flow became extremely diminished. I finally saw a urologist that told me that severe scar tissue had built up along the urinary tract. This was caused by a night nurse getting tangled with the catheter and all but yanked it out!!

After surgery to reconstruct a new urinary tract I had normal control but told my wife otherwise. But in 1992 she challenged me after seeing Donahue. When asked if that was me I vehemently denied it, but finally realized there was someone like me, but the way they acted out didn't match me at all. Yes, I'd occasionally masturbate in a diaper, but maybe once a week at most. It was 90% about regression. I began to research it as I had just gotten a PC and internet. What I found intrigued me and disgusted me at the same time. After a few months, I finally wrote out a letter describing this the best I could. I left it on the table and went to work. I never anticipated her reaction. I had just come off the board of a relatively large church. My wife called ALL our friends and acquaintances in the church, as well as the pastor!! I was devastated. I ended up inpatient at a Christian-based mental hospital. This also was a major mistake. Instead of really listening to me as I best tried to describe the issue the staff pigeon-holed me and stated I had a sexual addiction!! My life went to hell after that, especially when they told my wife what they thought.

I know this is long, but the issue around diapers for us is very complicated and meets various needs. Thankfully, in the last few years, I finally got the help I needed to truly understand this and to start to accept it as a part of me.
So glad you have finally got the help you wanted and that you know you are not alone in this.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and babyscotty37
babyscotty37 said:

LilTwirl said:
Each of us, as an individual, has our own unique set of burdens to bear and paths to follow. For many of us, this whole ‘diaper thing’ can seem like quite a burden at times, and it poses a definite roadblock for our social lives, especially if we wish to be accepted in an intimate relationship. For some of us though, we are already experiencing difficulties at fitting in and experiencing challenges that go outside of the norm. We are the disabled, the disorderly, or the neurologically impaired, if you will.

Many ABDL community members have been diagnosed with some sort of a disability, or could be diagnosed if we sought it out. We’ve been told we have Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, Dyslexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or any other of a long list of potential impairments and invisible disorders. We are also infantilists. There seems to be a lot of us who can claim to be both neurologically impaired and involved in this unique lifestyle.

The Big Question: Are They Related?

It has often been pondered whether or not there is a correlation between having a neurological disorder and being a member of the AB/TB/DL community. It has been debated not only throughout our social circle, but has even been brought up in certain places within the neurological disability community, as well.

So what’s the answer? Is there a direct correlation between having a neurological difference and being an infantilist? It is through experience, analysis, and anecdotal evidence that it becomes quite visible that there is a plausible correlation between the two. However, this isn’t exactly an 'X caused Y' or a 'Y caused X' relationship, but rather, a case of an increased likelihood toward infantilism for those of us who qualify as neurologically disabled.

How can being neurologically disabled lead to diaper loving?

There are many ways in which being disabled can lead to a desire and/or need to regress or wear diapers. When determining the likelihood of a disabled individual developing the fetish or becoming a part of the lifestyle, one must look at the type of disorder the individual has, as well as its severity.

In general, neurological impairments such as Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome), Attention Deficit Disorder, and Sensory Processing Disorder each have a large variety of unique ways in which they can impact a person. No matter what the neurological disorder though, one can expect to find a general difficulty in fitting in with peers, a hard time meeting the day to day requirements the world has placed on people, and an increased likelihood of depression and difficulties coping with stress.

Infantilists are into the lifestyle for a variety of reasons, as well. Many of us are here because we have always liked feeling younger and having less responsibility from time to time, or appreciate or love wearing diapers. For many of us, this is a great way to relieve stress and temporarily remove ourselves from the harsh demands of the adult world. So, what does that mean for the neurologically impaired?

Attachment to babyish coping mechanisms

For those who are neurologically different from their peers, regressive patterns and coping mechanisms can be an attractive option for coping with stress and emotional hardship. Because many had many challenges while attempting to adapt to their social environment throughout the early ages of life, developmental milestones may have been reached late or missed entirely. Essentially, many neurologically disabled individuals have a relatively weak foundation in many of the areas that are required for a happy and well-rounded childhood.

To cope with these difficulties, many develop bonds with habits and items that can be found in their environment. This could be a plushy (stuffed animal), pacifier, bottle, blanket, or diapers, to name some of the most common babyhood coping mechanisms and comfort tools. Essentially, they develop bonds with these coping mechanisms that greatly exceed the bonds that their peers developed for the same items.

When it came time for most neurologically typical children to give up diapers, pacifiers, or their blankie, it was likely to be a minor challenge, but one that they ultimately took and moved on smoothly from, without needing to look back. For disabled kids, on the other hand, it was much harder. Because they lacked many of the same neurological capabilities of the other children, they didn’t feel as safe in their environment, and did not feel comfortable giving up their calming safety tools. This may be a common period in which such a child may begin to develop into an infantilist, refusing to give up on what they had always had before. Even if they do submit to the demands of society and try to move beyond such things, they will ultimately still have a strong emotional attachment.

Another common issue that is typical for people with neurological impairments is the likelihood of sensory problems. It has been stated before that as many as half of every person diagnosed with ADHD, as well as virtually every person diagnosed on the autism spectrum has some level of sensory difficulties. These difficulties have been discovered in children that have none of the aforementioned disabilities, and it has been given its own diagnostic label, Sensory Processing Disorder.

Ways autism and neurological sensory issues can lead to infantilism

One of the most common problems for people who have Autism Spectrum Disorders and Sensory Processing Disorder (making up approximately five percent of the world) is a difficulty with changes in the environment and transitions from one thing to another. Going from being able to wear diapers to having to use a toilet is a very big transition, and a definite change in a child’s environment.

Many people with these disabilities have a very hard time breaking from what they are doing, even for something as mundane as going to the bathroom, and hence, don’t want to do it. This inability to break away from a task to perform a vital bodily function, coupled with a hard time deciphering and experiencing the urge to use the bathroom (another common problem here), is what keeps many children with these disorders from potty training early.

One look at the websites dedicated to parents in the autism or SPD communities will reveal that potty training is a very difficult issue for a good number of children with these conditions. It is not very uncommon for a lot of these kids to be wearing diapers full time until, or even beyond, the age of 5. Many have issues with bedwetting that go on for years later, as well.

People who are hypersensitive to sensory input often have a hard time with a noisy and uncomfortable bathroom environment, and find the seams on most forms of underwear to be extremely agitating. They may prefer the feeling of a smooth porous diaper instead of underwear. Those who are under-sensitive to sensory input may not even feel the need to go until it is too late, causing chronic bedwetting accidents, and those who are sensory seekers may actually crave the sensory input diapers provide.

That’s right, many kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ADHD may actually find the sensory stimuli that comes from diapers addictive, in a sense, and may fixate on them and need them to help maintain better focus and internal regulation. The scent of the powder, the feeling of the interior of the diaper, especially when wet or perhaps even messy, and the bonding pressure of the snug undergarments are all very attractive sensations to many people who are sensory seekers.

So what can be concluded?

It seems quite possible that a person with neurological impairments may be led to this lifestyle. While it is purely illogical to state that having these disorders causes infantilism, it is not too hard to imagine the appeal diapers, pacifiers, and other regression based tools for those who have an abnormal nervous system. Likewise, it is also completely unfounded to suggest that all infantilists have some form of neurological condition.

As for me, I have had Sensory Processing Disorder my whole life, and I never wanted to be potty trained. I intensely seek out the input that diapers can offer me, and have a difficult time with bathrooms, certain clothing textures, and breaking from my tasks to head to the restroom every hour or two. I feel that it is likely that this played a pivotal role in what has brought me to where I am today, as a discreetly open infantilist and diaper lover.

I have made a lot of friends in the SPD community, and most of them turned out to have some sort of regression-type habit, even if they weren’t involved in the ABDL community. I have also made quite a few friends in the ABDL community, and have never been very surprised to see a lot of them suffer from some sort of sensory processing difficulties or neurological differences.

For those of us who are neurologically impaired members of the ABDL community, we have a couple of definite hurdles to overcome when it comes to personal and social acceptance, as well as intimate relationships. If we are able to accept ourselves for both our challenges and our lifestyle, and find someone who is able to love both our unique quirkiness and our diapering interests, then it is something that is truly special, and a sign of true internal strength.

Between our diapers and our disorders, we are indeed very unique and interesting people.
Thank you so very much for writing this. Wow! Indeed, I was diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar Disorder. Though I haven't been tested, I know that ADHD runs in my family, and I have always been one to "zone out" at times throughout my life. I can remember loving the feeling of diapers as a little kid. I guess I could link it to my PTSD, given certain events that happened to me as a child, and the desire to get back in diapers as early as 5 or 6 years of age. I am 41 now, and trying more than ever to really accept this side of myself and not feel guilty or ashamed of it.

Thank you again.

I write too

Gnoggin has a great explanation for why people with autism are more likely to develop “weird” interests in his video on furries. Just replace “furries” with “ABDL” and there you go.

Or at least, that’s the answer that makes the most sense to me. I first discovered ABDL because of a fanfiction I read in my teen years that I kept going back to, and things developed from there.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and perlFerret
LittleSissieJolie said:
Maybe I'll be the one to find a cure for autism, Who knows?
Better yet, maybe you’ll be the one to finally teach the public that we don’t need a cure, we just need to be heard and listened to, and we need to be treated like human beings instead of disobedient circus animals or broken toys.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, perlFerret and sport1
EclipseWolf said:
Better yet, maybe you’ll be the one to finally teach the public that we don’t need a cure, we just need to be heard and listened to, and we need to be treated like human beings instead of disobedient circus animals or broken toys.
I had to put up with my problems for a long time till tested and found to have autism +dd.

sport1 said:
I had to put up with my problems for a long time till tested and found to have autism +dd.
So can you manage better with your diagnosis? Do you get extra support/advice?

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and sport1
Kittyinpink said:
So can you manage better with your diagnosis? Do you get extra support/advice?
I being a older male have a younger wife who manages the house whole. She is great support and being diaper dependent she helps a lot.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks and Kittyinpink
I kinda feel this is interesting in itself since people need labels. But since I am an artist and artistically driven, my thought is more a spontaneous sort of thinking and acting.
I don't feel labels and psychological limitations explain the human spirit very well. I think if you want to relax in a diaper, do it.
At least I do. It sure helps when one's body aches.
I consider them a tool and sometimes a plaything.
I'm really concerned for those that feel they have some disability mentally having a need, desire, or whatever to wear diapers.
Unless otherwise diagnosed, for slapping on a diaper and goofing around; no big deal in my "goofy head".

That thing I read way up above kinda bothers me since I work in the psychological field and know what limitations, as well as help at times particular labels and conclusions therapists come up with can make for the problems and complexities mentally on the withs and or for or "ofs" to people who decide to do things that are outside of the normal activities humans are considered expected to do.

Hell, people are people.

Millions of years of so many variables inherited genetically from the comedians from the past as well as from the sociopaths down the family line are enormous to fathom!
I think that so long as you don't hurt anyone or yourself or something, go for it. Don't feel disabled. Just be.

Sorry if I bothered anyone by writing this.
It's my philosophy as of now, this moment in time...tick tick tick...

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks and sport1
A.d.d. here.

Reactions: sport1
Wondercrinkee said:
I kinda feel this is interesting in itself since people need labels. But since I am an artist and artistically driven, my thought is more a spontaneous sort of thinking and acting.
I don't feel labels and psychological limitations explain the human spirit very well. I think if you want to relax in a diaper, do it.
At least I do. It sure helps when one's body aches.
I consider them a tool and sometimes a plaything.
I'm really concerned for those that feel they have some disability mentally having a need, desire, or whatever to wear diapers.
Unless otherwise diagnosed, for slapping on a diaper and goofing around; no big deal in my "goofy head".

That thing I read way up above kinda bothers me since I work in the psychological field and know what limitations, as well as help at times particular labels and conclusions therapists come up with can make for the problems and complexities mentally on the withs and or for or "ofs" to people who decide to do things that are outside of the normal activities humans are considered expected to do.

Hell, people are people.

Millions of years of so many variables inherited genetically from the comedians from the past as well as from the sociopaths down the family line are enormous to fathom!
I think that so long as you don't hurt anyone or yourself or something, go for it. Don't feel disabled. Just be.

Sorry if I bothered anyone by writing this.
It's my philosophy as of now, this moment in time...tick tick tick...
I was finally tested late in life and found to be autistic +dd which puts me lower on the iq table and my incontinence also came a long.My wife has me wear diapers to keep everything dry lost my male ego.

• Sad
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Woncrinklz
sport1 said:
I was finally tested late in life and found to be autistic +dd which puts me lower on the iq table and my incontinence also came a long.My wife has me wear diapers to keep everything dry lost my male ego.
So many factors come into play that creates a personality and mold a being. I doubt you are any less manly, no doubt there. Psychological tweaks can create and destroy a perfectly fine person.
This world is challenging and confusing so many times. I have learned that a lot of times a person leans back on labels to spare them one way or the other from breaking out of whatever shell they found themselves comfortable in because it works for one reason or the other. I fear that for everyone. Even me. As we age, we change.
A man is a man. Ego, identity, sexuality, intelligence, physical ability (I just had a flash of the bionic man and laughed in my mind just now) so it's a can of B.S. from armchair asses as far as I am concerned.
BUT: I also know some people are very needily categorized as what they have been categorized for due to the patterns they have throughout their lives.

Just one coined phrase I always liked when in doubt of one's actions or self to play around in your head: Whatever happened was either a normal reaction to an abnormal situation or an abnormal reaction to a normal situation. Our inner dialog tells us the truth. And our memories about the issue (s).
But it's not safe to limit your soul. Manliness hasn't equations to diapering. Nope. Unless you bring some ......sexual identifiable...AAAAHHH!🤣🤣:unsure:

Reactions: Angelapinks, sport1 and Kittyinpink
Wondercrinkee said:
So many factors come into play that creates a personality and mold a being. I doubt you are any less manly, no doubt there. Psychological tweaks can create and destroy a perfectly fine person.
This world is challenging and confusing so many times. I have learned that a lot of times a person leans back on labels to spare them one way or the other from breaking out of whatever shell they found themselves comfortable in because it works for one reason or the other. I fear that for everyone. Even me. As we age, we change.
A man is a man. Ego, identity, sexuality, intelligence, physical ability (I just had a flash of the bionic man and laughed in my mind just now) so it's a can of B.S. from armchair asses as far as I am concerned.
BUT: I also know some people are very needily categorized as what they have been categorized for due to the patterns they have throughout their lives.

Just one coined phrase I always liked when in doubt of one's actions or self to play around in your head: Whatever happened was either a normal reaction to an abnormal situation or an abnormal reaction to a normal situation. Our inner dialog tells us the truth. And our memories about the issue (s).
But it's not safe to limit your soul. Manliness hasn't equations to diapering. Nope. Unless you bring some ......sexual identifiable...AAAAHHH!🤣🤣:unsure:
Thanks for the reply.

LilTwirl said:
Each of us, as an individual, has our own unique set of burdens to bear and paths to follow. For many of us, this whole ‘diaper thing’ can seem like quite a burden at times, and it poses a definite roadblock for our social lives, especially if we wish to be accepted in an intimate relationship. For some of us though, we are already experiencing difficulties at fitting in and experiencing challenges that go outside of the norm. We are the disabled, the disorderly, or the neurologically impaired, if you will.

Many ABDL community members have been diagnosed with some sort of a disability, or could be diagnosed if we sought it out. We’ve been told we have Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, Dyslexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or any other of a long list of potential impairments and invisible disorders. We are also infantilists. There seems to be a lot of us who can claim to be both neurologically impaired and involved in this unique lifestyle.

The Big Question: Are They Related?

It has often been pondered whether or not there is a correlation between having a neurological disorder and being a member of the AB/TB/DL community. It has been debated not only throughout our social circle, but has even been brought up in certain places within the neurological disability community, as well.

So what’s the answer? Is there a direct correlation between having a neurological difference and being an infantilist? It is through experience, analysis, and anecdotal evidence that it becomes quite visible that there is a plausible correlation between the two. However, this isn’t exactly an 'X caused Y' or a 'Y caused X' relationship, but rather, a case of an increased likelihood toward infantilism for those of us who qualify as neurologically disabled.

How can being neurologically disabled lead to diaper loving?

There are many ways in which being disabled can lead to a desire and/or need to regress or wear diapers. When determining the likelihood of a disabled individual developing the fetish or becoming a part of the lifestyle, one must look at the type of disorder the individual has, as well as its severity.

In general, neurological impairments such as Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome), Attention Deficit Disorder, and Sensory Processing Disorder each have a large variety of unique ways in which they can impact a person. No matter what the neurological disorder though, one can expect to find a general difficulty in fitting in with peers, a hard time meeting the day to day requirements the world has placed on people, and an increased likelihood of depression and difficulties coping with stress.

Infantilists are into the lifestyle for a variety of reasons, as well. Many of us are here because we have always liked feeling younger and having less responsibility from time to time, or appreciate or love wearing diapers. For many of us, this is a great way to relieve stress and temporarily remove ourselves from the harsh demands of the adult world. So, what does that mean for the neurologically impaired?

Attachment to babyish coping mechanisms

For those who are neurologically different from their peers, regressive patterns and coping mechanisms can be an attractive option for coping with stress and emotional hardship. Because many had many challenges while attempting to adapt to their social environment throughout the early ages of life, developmental milestones may have been reached late or missed entirely. Essentially, many neurologically disabled individuals have a relatively weak foundation in many of the areas that are required for a happy and well-rounded childhood.

To cope with these difficulties, many develop bonds with habits and items that can be found in their environment. This could be a plushy (stuffed animal), pacifier, bottle, blanket, or diapers, to name some of the most common babyhood coping mechanisms and comfort tools. Essentially, they develop bonds with these coping mechanisms that greatly exceed the bonds that their peers developed for the same items.

When it came time for most neurologically typical children to give up diapers, pacifiers, or their blankie, it was likely to be a minor challenge, but one that they ultimately took and moved on smoothly from, without needing to look back. For disabled kids, on the other hand, it was much harder. Because they lacked many of the same neurological capabilities of the other children, they didn’t feel as safe in their environment, and did not feel comfortable giving up their calming safety tools. This may be a common period in which such a child may begin to develop into an infantilist, refusing to give up on what they had always had before. Even if they do submit to the demands of society and try to move beyond such things, they will ultimately still have a strong emotional attachment.

Another common issue that is typical for people with neurological impairments is the likelihood of sensory problems. It has been stated before that as many as half of every person diagnosed with ADHD, as well as virtually every person diagnosed on the autism spectrum has some level of sensory difficulties. These difficulties have been discovered in children that have none of the aforementioned disabilities, and it has been given its own diagnostic label, Sensory Processing Disorder.

Ways autism and neurological sensory issues can lead to infantilism

One of the most common problems for people who have Autism Spectrum Disorders and Sensory Processing Disorder (making up approximately five percent of the world) is a difficulty with changes in the environment and transitions from one thing to another. Going from being able to wear diapers to having to use a toilet is a very big transition, and a definite change in a child’s environment.

Many people with these disabilities have a very hard time breaking from what they are doing, even for something as mundane as going to the bathroom, and hence, don’t want to do it. This inability to break away from a task to perform a vital bodily function, coupled with a hard time deciphering and experiencing the urge to use the bathroom (another common problem here), is what keeps many children with these disorders from potty training early.

One look at the websites dedicated to parents in the autism or SPD communities will reveal that potty training is a very difficult issue for a good number of children with these conditions. It is not very uncommon for a lot of these kids to be wearing diapers full time until, or even beyond, the age of 5. Many have issues with bedwetting that go on for years later, as well.

People who are hypersensitive to sensory input often have a hard time with a noisy and uncomfortable bathroom environment, and find the seams on most forms of underwear to be extremely agitating. They may prefer the feeling of a smooth porous diaper instead of underwear. Those who are under-sensitive to sensory input may not even feel the need to go until it is too late, causing chronic bedwetting accidents, and those who are sensory seekers may actually crave the sensory input diapers provide.

That’s right, many kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ADHD may actually find the sensory stimuli that comes from diapers addictive, in a sense, and may fixate on them and need them to help maintain better focus and internal regulation. The scent of the powder, the feeling of the interior of the diaper, especially when wet or perhaps even messy, and the bonding pressure of the snug undergarments are all very attractive sensations to many people who are sensory seekers.

So what can be concluded?

It seems quite possible that a person with neurological impairments may be led to this lifestyle. While it is purely illogical to state that having these disorders causes infantilism, it is not too hard to imagine the appeal diapers, pacifiers, and other regression based tools for those who have an abnormal nervous system. Likewise, it is also completely unfounded to suggest that all infantilists have some form of neurological condition.

As for me, I have had Sensory Processing Disorder my whole life, and I never wanted to be potty trained. I intensely seek out the input that diapers can offer me, and have a difficult time with bathrooms, certain clothing textures, and breaking from my tasks to head to the restroom every hour or two. I feel that it is likely that this played a pivotal role in what has brought me to where I am today, as a discreetly open infantilist and diaper lover.

I have made a lot of friends in the SPD community, and most of them turned out to have some sort of regression-type habit, even if they weren’t involved in the ABDL community. I have also made quite a few friends in the ABDL community, and have never been very surprised to see a lot of them suffer from some sort of sensory processing difficulties or neurological differences.

For those of us who are neurologically impaired members of the ABDL community, we have a couple of definite hurdles to overcome when it comes to personal and social acceptance, as well as intimate relationships. If we are able to accept ourselves for both our challenges and our lifestyle, and find someone who is able to love both our unique quirkiness and our diapering interests, then it is something that is truly special, and a sign of true internal strength.

Between our diapers and our disorders, we are indeed very unique and interesting people.
That is an excellent piece of work. Thank you.

I read the Original message and replies to it. I feel so bad for those that have true neurological issues for diaper wearing (not that I don't love what they do). What gets me, about me, is, as far as I know (and I am close to 60) I don't have any neurological issues, but I love to wear diapers!!

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, sport1 and Angelapinks
Back