A Double Dose of "Different": Disorders and Diaper Loving

what kind? I think PTSD can have sensory issues kinda like autism, which I thought was the main cause of my sensory issues, but I am reading its also a common symptom of TBI. Mindfullness types of meditation has helped me at times, its when I lose my balance mentally or physically that things get the worst for me. Sometimes I like wearing ear plugs or headphones to drown out the world and that helps too.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
niteboy said:
Interesting. I know that this lifestyle (is that the right word?) is appealing to me because it helps me with anxiety/ocd/depression/ptsd. I've always suspected I had some kind of sensory processing problem but never really explored it.
I agree with you sometimes could not figure things out my wife helps a lot.

I have asperger and adhd and think that I am immature and always wanted my pacifier back and drink from bottles and diapers too even though I was potty trained at 2 so I don’t really remember, but I feel that when stressed the urge increase

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and sport1
Slomo said:
I believe there is a very close correlation going on here too. (though correlation does not equal causation).

I am a DL. My older sister is bipolar. My younger brother is now my trans-gendered sister (M-F). All of these "disabilities" have a very strong neurological link to them. I do not believe these three are related per se, but I do believe there is some sort of underlying and common neurological link to them. Now what that link is, and how to go about identifying it is beyond my understanding though.

I suppose one loose comparison would be like if all three of us had weakened immune systems. All three of us could likely succumb to one disease or another, but those diseases and how we get them would not be individually linked. The underlying cause would still be there thought.
'M to F transgender' isn't a disability.

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Rakvirsza, Angelapinks and 2 others
Personally . I simply enjoy .

ADHD, OCD, High functioning autism, and (not a disorder or anything but) small attention span.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Kittyinpink and sport1
TheMatrixIsComing said:
ADHD, OCD, High functioning autism, and (not a disorder or anything but) small attention span.
I found out later in life that I have autism +dd which in my case is a disorder and has pledged my whole life.

Thank you for posting this. Now I know why I like to wear diapers. I am somebody who has Asperger syndrome and it can be hard to deal with on some days.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and sport1
I have Asperger's, ADHD, and bipolar. It took awhile for my parents to toilet train me, I would always wet my training underwear, and I often wet the bed too. When I was 7, I went through a phase where I wanted to by in diapers again, so I would just pee myself. Eventually I stopped because my parents told me to. When I first found out about ABDL, I wasn't really into it but had friends that were, over time I got more into it because it reminds me of how comforted I felt when I wore diapers, I resisted so much when I was younger and it just makes sense. For people with Asperger's, it's harder for us to grow out of things that most people simply grow out of when they are 'too old' for it.

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, sport1 and Kittyinpink
'extreme' depression, add, dyslexia, IBS, DL here the article fits well with my experience and observations, great work

jvz123 said:
I am so pleased to read this. I have pondered the same things about sensory stimuli and the conection between the spectrum and infantilism. Working with kids on the spectrum ive noticed many stimming activities which are not too dissimilar to infantilist needs and desires. Things like needing the weight of a blanket or chewy neclaces to bite/suck on, not much different than curling up with a blanky and paci. I myself have bipolar and borderline personality disorder and although not formally diagnosed, consider myself on the spectrum as I display many of the characteristics of high functioning autism.

Great article, now only if mainstream psychology would focus on these correlations and not label it just a sexual fetish, we would be much closer to being socialy accepted than we are now.
Agree completely. Medical science is terribly behind on this subject. If some brilliant young psych Phd candidate would read this and then start a study it would be a step in the right direction. We have this wonderful pool of subjects right before our virtual eyes.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Kittyinpink
LilPrinceHonokun said:
I have Asperger's, ADHD, and bipolar. It took awhile for my parents to toilet train me, I would always wet my training underwear, and I often wet the bed too. When I was 7, I went through a phase where I wanted to by in diapers again, so I would just pee myself. Eventually I stopped because my parents told me to. When I first found out about ABDL, I wasn't really into it but had friends that were, over time I got more into it because it reminds me of how comforted I felt when I wore diapers, I resisted so much when I was younger and it just makes sense. For people with Asperger's, it's harder for us to grow out of things that most people simply grow out of when they are 'too old' for it.
I totally agree was not the fastest to potty train but later seemed to regress had my last childhood accident at 13yrs.I was ok for a period of time then in mid 50's started wetting been in diapers for soo long.My autism may have played a role my 2nd wife while very understanding put me make in diapers so no crossdressing.

LilGweggyPup said:
Agree completely. Medical science is terribly behind on this subject. If some brilliant young psych Phd candidate would read this and then start a study it would be a step in the right direction. We have this wonderful pool of subjects right before our virtual eyes.
All the time I am noticing this sort of thing. I am not diagnosed but with me high functioning autism really fits . Obviously I could be completely wrong ! But seriously 'the glove fits!' and in so many ways... It's all very interesting really.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, sport1 and LilGweggyPup
I think that Self-Diagnosis is not worth taking any notice of.

LilGweggyPup said:
I am sure your right BTW I'm in Lewis Co.

I have what is called partial agenesis of the corpus callosum (PACC)where the two halves of the brain is not connected right.
The biggest problem with PACC is I can not visualize math problems or grammar.
Now with computers i do not have to visualize, I can put it on a computer screen and see it.

• Wow
Reactions: sport1
I can see where you are coming from having autism +dd could not always see things when growing up still have problem's but the computer dose help.

Medical science has yet to figure out a lot of stuff, brain included.

Your are right.

7 years ago I use to be a cowboy and I suffered a sever lower back injury. I was told if I got surgery on my back close to my spinal cord, there was a huge chance of being in a wheelchair. Due to not getting my back fixed I have been dealing with bowel and bladder problems and I would rather walk and run while wearing a diaper 24/7. Plus I also deal with anxiety, bipolar depression and me wearing a diaper and sucking on my pacifiers helps me to calm down and relax. Plus I have loved being ABDL lifestyle now.

Back