• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

A curious question... Are there things in life that diapers just don't mix with for you?

How many things in your life just don't mix for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
For me, there are three main ones, for various reasons... religion, hockey, and food. For religion, I'm not sure, I just don't feel right incorporating a sexual kink into matters of faith and God, so I don't. Hockey, my passion, also just wouldn't feel right with diapers. (That's why I always close ADISC before opening another window, because the Thrashers' site is my homepage.) I don't know exactly why, but neither of these feel right when something having to do with diapers is incorporated. As for food, I discovered this when reading that 'review' for the "Poopy Diapers" restaurant, a fictitious place (I think that thread is still around somewhere, look for it). I gagged reading that, because, well... Do YOU want to eat the contents of a diaper?

Share your feelings.

E

Elli

This is an interesting question. You'vre got me thinking. Uh-oh! :) There are a few things that don't mix with my diaper-habits and that's the easy answer, but then I wonder why they don't mix and that's a tougher question to answer.

If a person were incontinent and required nappies for a genuine medical reason, I would imagine that all areas of life would mix more easily on a psychological level. Sure there might be some things on a physical level that are impossible or difficult in a diaper, like wearing a bikini. (ok, I can't think of an example!) And I'm sure some circumstances might feel odd at first. But on the level I think this question is getting at, you'd probably feel ok about it. And it might be easier to explain if people found out you were wearing.

If your reason to wear is nearly completely sexual, then it might feel weird to mix nappy-habits with things you wouldn't associate with the sexual element of who you are.

If you wear for emotional boldness and comfort, the situations that 'mix' might be a little a bit more varied, depending on who you are and how you experience the various aspects of your life.

So...to actually answer the question now...

I partly agree that it doesn't quite mix with 'matters of faith and God' for me. But, having said that, I have found the use of nappies to be strangely 'healing' or maybe words like resolving or reconciling might explain it better. Past hurts from young childhood and issues of shame and fear have progressed towards a healthy balance since I at long last indulged this 'need'. I'm undecided about whether my recreational diaper-wearing really can go together with my faith but I'm open-minded about it until I decide what I think.

I don't wear while with my fiance.

I don't wear if I am going to be around children. (Not least, if they notice, they'd yell it out! But also it would confuse them which isn't fair and it might give a wrong impression.)

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Nothing. It should be noted that I don't get the oppritunity to wear much, however. Religion doesn't matter to me. It doesn't comprimise any of my morals (I barely have any actually). If I were to live on my own, I wouldn't hesitate to wear whenever or whereever I feel like. I wouldn't even care much if it were around my own parents/siblings as long as I don't live with them and they can no longer repress me. I would be more careful around children, for the reasons Elli specified.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Honestly I will say yes and no.

I don't really like working outside while diapered... but being 24/7 I don't really have a choice in the matter... unless I want to wet my pants or something.

B

Butterfly Mage

Anything that involves a lott of exposure to water: swimming, snorkeling, jetskiing, etc.

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well for me its not jsut diapers, There are allot of things in my life that just dont mix well. I have a blance that must be taken care of 24/7. I've seen it crash a few times and its kind of ugly. But some people says I live for drama, I dont enjoy online drama so dont worry. But who knows. I could spend all day talking about this

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm gonna have to go ahead and say pretty much everything. Diapers, being very much a sexually charged fetish for me, don't have a big place in my life outside of being just that. Sex doesn't mix with a lot of things. They work for masturbation and other sexual activities.

As for things they really don't mix with, being what they are to me, I'd say kids, school and work.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes! Real life. Period.

It's fine and dandy to wear out in public for the rush or something, especially if it's with another abdl person.... or playing with another abdl person. But friends that I've met outside of diaper world (which is almost all of my friends), family, school, work, EVERYTHING basically... I just can't mix with diapers.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I pretty much agree with what Cupcake said in that regard.

This is an aspect of my life that is specifically private. While it is something that I would share with a person who knows (and that person would need to be able to take a joke about the ridiculousness of the situation as well as me), it doesn't go beyond that. They mix with nothing.

If they became such a big part of my life that they did, I'd be doing something wrong.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Gonna go with the popular answer here. Though I will wear in public on the rare occasion, diapers are reserved for a few hours at night, when I am by myself. I prefer to leave them in my room at all times.

Though faith is an interesting point- I find it hard to read the Bible or pray while diapered, for the same reasons as Kovy stated.

BabyJoshy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Diaperfur
For me it will probally be my brothers for sure, they just make fun of me for wearing diapers and what i like to do. Another thing is probally my step dad, he just one isnt even close to nice and probally would make fun of me too if he knew about it.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I have been urinary incontinent most of my life so I only have the choice of using the most discreet diapers in some situations and change them more often. I prefer to wear more comfy diapers when I do not need to be so discreet.

Role
Diaper Lover
For me, it would be my job. I would never wear a diaper to work. I work with kids and I think it would be just wrong secretly enjoying a diaper while working with kids. But what I do in the confort of my own home is my own buisness (as long as it does not hurt others of course!)

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
I don't let anything mix with my ab/dl stuff, because I want that to be its own world. When I go to wear a diaper, I'm just wearing a diaper. Sometimes I shut my phone off because I don't want to deal with the outside world.

Yeah, occasionally there is diaper talk out in public. But it's all in code, man. Gotta stay one step ahead of the outsiders, man. lol

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I prefer to wear at night because it's most convenient and there's very low chance of being discovered. The only reason diapers don't mix with other things is because of convenience and other people. It's not me thinking "oh I can't stand to be wearing a diaper while doing this!" I don't feel like I'm doing some dirty sexual thing because it's not a very sexual thing to me, only a little bit. If people weren't judgmental about it and it were more convenient to do so, I would wear diapers pretty often. I most likely wouldn't do it strictly 24/7, but it would be close. So I guess other people don't mix well with it because they make it inconvenient. (unless they know about it and don't mind one bit at all, which has yet to happen completely IRL)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Yes, there's definitely some things in my life that don't mix with my DLism ... let's see ... I pretty much don't wear outside of the house (for those of you about to convince me, I've tried it, I don't find it that great at all) I find it a lot more comfortable for me to wear just in my room or around the house when mom's at work. So basically, my whole life outside of my house is separated from my DLism.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have nothing much, just a bitch of a sister who insists on bursting into my room every five fucking seconds with - 'I'm bored', well why the fuck come pestering me? Sorry but that one thing just really gets on my tits.

Xboxbaby

Banned
Role
Other
I live in two worlds; One inside of me and one outside of me. Who I really am isn't who I am in the real world. It's hard to explain but I hope everyone understands what I mean. Inside of me I like to wear diapers and have other thoughts but in the real world I don't express anything. It sucks but how things are.

FoXPuP

Est. Contributor
not really anything for me. i really really enjoy wearing, so i try to mix it with everything. But for me, diaper wearing and overall *Bism isnt really a fetish, but just something i really enjoy doing.
so for me, with very little sexual connotations connected with the diapers, i don't think twice about wearing to a death metal concert or to my grandparents house, it's like wearing boxers or any underwear :/

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
well some-many things.
1relgion i can't truley figure out if this messes with it or not but i think it goes in the sexual though reacently i get like no sexual feel but get tons of emotional.
2 any sports they just don't fit with sports for countless reasons.
3 cleanlyness. i may be very clean with my tb but sometimes i feel really dirty.
4job wise. i now go to school in winter and i am getting a job and it will be really hard if i am constantly checking myself, posiibly smelling.
5 more i probly can't think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.