a bunch of diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schoolboy21

anyone know how many different brands of diapers there r in the world or want to guess mines 100

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
o _O
I couldn't even begin to guess. But I'd say there's definitely a LOT more than 100. All the store brands and stuff.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Good question, but the answer isn't simple.
Surely there are more than 100 brands. Just think about how many countries there are in this World.
Then think that every countries has, at least, one different brand.
Plus if you count that many stores has their own brands.....

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I wonder how many companies actually manufacture. I know in the world of plastic pants, there are many different sites selling what seem to be their product, but they all seem similar, like they're made in one big plant. That might narrow the number.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
It is really hard to tell. When I go shopping I see more than 20 brands on the shelves, and I've come across some lots of brands during my vacation trips. I've seen at least 10 different brands in little shacks across the country.

I think there are a lot more low-end brands than the "internationally well known" ones (like Pampers, Huggies, etc.), and that makes even more difficult to keep a record. Now I'm talking only about baby diapers, but imagine adding the adult diaper brands!

Role
Incontinent
That was a wicked site.
ADISC should have links.
We do have links. The links button is in the top right-hand corner of any page, on the blue bar right below the ADISC logo. As for my guess, deffinitely more than 100. Every chain store has it's own brand, as well as every country having at least one brand of there own.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
We do have links. The links button is in the top right-hand corner of any page, on the blue bar right below the ADISC logo. As for my guess, deffinitely more than 100. Every chain store has it's own brand, as well as every country having at least one brand of there own.
Sorry for not being specific, that is another part of the site that doesnt get used that often

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I think there are a lot more low-end brands than the "internationally well known" ones (like Pampers, Huggies, etc.), and that makes even more difficult to keep a record. Now I'm talking only about baby diapers, but imagine adding the adult diaper brands!
The question is: Does this thread refer to baby diapers, adult diapers, or both? There are infinitely more brands of baby diapers just because the market is a lot bigger and many stores sell their own low-cost brands. Adult diapers aren't as common, so there will be fewer companies making them to drive down costs and exploit economies of scale.

Peachy

happyhelper

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
One thing to consider when counting brands is the manufacturer. Pretty much all store brand adult diapers are made by Kendall. The only difference is the packaging.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It depends. You've got house brands, store brands and some unheard brands. So the quantity is quite hard to derive.

But it is always the quality of the diaper that counts most.

Status
Not open for further replies.