9 hour recommendation

perlFerret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I will be traveling from Chicago to Paris (France, not Texas) this year. The flight is 9+ hours on the return trip. I intend to pad up right before boarding and drink a normal amount of water and coffee. I'd rather not have to change on the plane but I can if I have to. Can anyone recommend a diaper or a diaper + booster combination for this? My knee-jerk is NorthShore MegaMax, which I've worn for Detroit to Amsterdam (sans booster) before and they were soaked but didn't leak. Thanks!

Betterdry is another good one. Which ever you go with though, do not test it on the plane. Give the diaper a thurough test sitting first so you'll know if it works first.

Reactions: perlFerret
Rearz Safari and Inspire+InControl are quite good, as are NRU Little Rascals

Reactions: littledreamers333 and perlFerret
Hey I'm also heading to Paris this year for my birthday in March, how about you?

CookieMonstah said:
Hey I'm also heading to Paris this year for my birthday in March, how about you?

October for anniversary. :)

If it was me I would use mega max.

I once flew from Texas to Tokyo in roughly 16 hours. Was probably a little too well hydrates to begin with, combined with the free drinks in first class none the less. Ended up soaking TWO betterdry diapers on the way there, meaning I needed to change twice on that one flight. And my third one was in desperate need of a change the moment I stepped through customs too! And for me, a betterdry will last longer than a megamax, maybe even double that.

I don't care for how wide better drys are between the legs, but they hold alot. I'd go with them.

Fluffybottoms said:
I don't care for how wide better drys are between the legs, but they hold a lot. I'd go with them.
Funny, I've also heard how thin they are between the legs. Everyone is different, and you'll never be able to satisfy everyone though. My take on it, if you can satisfy even just 80% of the people all of the time, then you must be doing something right.

Slomo said:
Funny, I've also heard how thin they are between the legs. Everyone is different, and you'll never be able to satisfy everyone though. My take on it, if you can satisfy even just 80% of the people all of the time, then you must be doing something right.

It's like it's cut to wide and a bit lower in front than I'm used to. Don't get me wrong though, i keep ordering them just because of their absorbentness

diaperdawg said:
My bladder has yet to defeat the fortifications of the Better Dry in open combat... these things take a wetting and keep on ticking!
The key to defeating them is a prolonged and continuous attack over the course of 24 hours. You may need to call in mercenary help by drinking more water though. Once the diaper is showing signs of full saturation give it a torjan horse filled with poo. It will take everything you've got but it IS possible to overwhelm betterdry's defense lines. I mean leak barriers.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 50300
If you are staying hydrated on the flight you will probably need to change partway through the flight I have hone 8 hours plus in a betterdry but If I drink the correct amount of water I should I need to change after 4 hours or less some times especially if seated most of the time.

Last edited:
I have yet to find anything that would beat a megamax with an insert. The most I have flown is 5 hours and have had not problems with just a megamax. And I was good for a couple hours later. I’m ic totally with no feeling also so .. I only used a doubler in a megamax once while hunting and it went all day. Like 10 or more hours. So.

My go to diaper for night time is a Better Dry. I'm usually in bed 8-9 hours and they hold up great The only exception is if I've had a few beers the night before I go to bed. What I really like about them is the way they wick the moisture to the whole diaper.

Back