9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
So in about 1 and a half hours, the date will mark the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I don't know about anyone else here (well, in the US at least) who have things in their community going on, but being that I was born and raised ~15-20 miles from south Manhattan -- well, no, all of New York will be having some type of commemorative activity. Especially here where I am...

But anyway, we -- as in, my high school Naval JROTC unit has layed out 2998 flags on the football field of my school. In addition to that, our school will have a commemorative assembly. Afterwords, me, a few friends, my family, and friends of the family (mostly Fire Department guys -- I'm a junior volunteer for those who don't know) will take a drive to Battery Park in two of our trucks -- on from Engine company and another from Rescue company -- to sign our names on the pillars that are standing in Battery Park. We lost 7 guys who were off-duty that day who were in our department. They were off-duty at the time, and they left their own jobs to respond to the World Trade Center. In addition to that, friends of the family in FDNY, and a lot of people in the department who knew people (total count? we ourselves knew 73 firefighters who died in the WTC). We will be there at Ground Zero when the beams of light are lit. From there, we'll probably all grab some homemade pizza at Ladder or Engine over at FDNY with friends from there, and head home.

I hope everyone here will say a prayer or two for thosee who lost their lives -- as well as gave them! -- on this day 7 years ago. Not just Americans, but people around the world. It was not just a tragedy for New Yorkers that day, it was a tragedy for all of the people who live on this Earth.

So, God Bless.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Wow, it doesn't even seem like 7 years ago. Thanks for posting this and helping me remember. I will definately say a prayer, or a lot of prayers, for those who lost their lives and their families. God Bless!

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
As always I commemorate this day.. by shaking the hand of every veterain, fireman, and policeman I come across

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Same here, it doesn't even feel like 7 years. I was 12 and still in middle school (6th grade I think) when the attack happened. Thanks for posting this and reminding me about it.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
No disrespect to anyone who cares about this day but this country needs to move on.

weswissa

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Same here, it doesn't even feel like 7 years. I was 12 and still in middle school (6th grade I think) when the attack happened. Thanks for posting this and reminding me about it.
Me too... It was a sad day... we didn't do anything but watch TV the whole time at school that day. They are in my prayers.

~Weswissa

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
No disrespect to anyone who cares about this day but this country needs to move on.
You know what dude, shut the hell up. Move on? From 2998 deaths?? Right, move on when there are people who are still suffering from lung problems because of the dust from the towers when they fell? How about the people whose families are ruined because their main source of income is ruined, and left without a father? Or a mother? OR BOTH? Huh? Do you really know? Don't say, that this country needs to move on. It wasn't like 2998 deaths was from some natural disaster (which would have also been tragic!), no. 19 al-Queda f#cktards decided to steal 4 planes and crash them into big, important American buildings, which in the end, killed 2998 people. It's called being at war. What the hell kind of country would not do a *god damned thing* if something like 9/11 happened to them? They'd go "oh, shit... well, it happened, let's move on..." ? I DONT THINK SO.

weswissa

Banned
Role
You know what dude, shut the hell up. Move on? From 2998 deaths?? Right, move on when there are people who are still suffering from lung problems because of the dust from the towers when they fell? How about the people whose families are ruined because their main source of income is ruined, and left without a father? Or a mother? OR BOTH? Huh? Do you really know? Don't say, that this country needs to move on. It wasn't like 2998 deaths was from some natural disaster (which would have also been tragic!), no. 19 al-Queda f#cktards decided to steal 4 planes and crash them into big, important American buildings, which in the end, killed 2998 people. It's called being at war. What the hell kind of country would not do a *god damned thing* if something like 9/11 happened to them? They'd go "oh, shit... well, it happened, let's move on..." ? I DONT THINK SO.
Dude, we did do something... I think we invaded Afganistan, and you don't have to get so mad for someone voicing there opinion. Isn't what this country was founded on? It was a horrible tragedy, but you can't revel in it forever. It's time to move on.

~Weswissa

weswissa

Banned
Role
It's a lot easier to 'move on' from Alabama than it is New York...just a thought.
And? Just because I live here doesn't mean I didn't know people who died there. Don't assume things like that.

~Weswissa

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I will certainly never forget this day... even though I wasn't there, and know no one there, I feel for everyone who lost loved ones on that day.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I agree with Kenshin on this one...And I'm not saying I won't remember it, but yeah...I understand it's a more sensitive thing to some people than others, but everyone should move on at least some...

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Ha, I wondered why all those 9/11 documentaries were on! I'm so stupid >_<.

Anyway... I think that some things should be downplayed a little bit. Of course all those people dying is sad, but people die all the time. This isn't about deaths, this is about the terrorists. I think making a big deal out of it so long after is letting the terrorists win...

So sorry if I don't really care, I just don't see it as "a tragedy for all of the people who live on this Earth". It's sad that we feel the need the fly planes into buildings, it's sad that this wasn't predicted and prevented (Rick Rescorla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and it will be sad when people don't learn anything from this.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It is letting the terrorists win. There is still terror seven years on. I think that is pretty successful victory for people who, by definition, want to cause terror.

legokid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think on nearly every year since 9/11 right on the day I have been ill so I watch a documentary on it to pass the time in bed

Role
Other
Dude, we did do something... I think we invaded Afganistan, and you don't have to get so mad for someone voicing there opinion. Isn't what this country was founded on? It was a horrible tragedy, but you can't revel in it forever. It's time to move on.

~Weswissa
We invaded Afganistan because of 9/11.

For those that want to move on, I would remind you that those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Dude seriusly :chillpill:

I agree with Kenshin on this one...And I'm not saying I won't remember it, but yeah...I understand it's a more sensitive thing to some people than others, but everyone should move on at least some...
Agreed Pojo and thanks.

Ha, I wondered why all those 9/11 documentaries were on! I'm so stupid >_<.

Anyway... I think that some things should be downplayed a little bit. Of course all those people dying is sad, but people die all the time. This isn't about deaths, this is about the terrorists. I think making a big deal out of it so long after is letting the terrorists win...

So sorry if I don't really care, I just don't see it as "a tragedy for all of the people who live on this Earth". It's sad that we feel the need the fly planes into buildings, it's sad that this wasn't predicted and prevented and it will be sad when people don't learn anything from this.
Agreed.

This is something I just wrote for my English class and it expresses my view on 9/11.

Seven years later​

September 11, 2001, I remeber that day. It was a tipical day and I was in Mrs. Schults 5th grade class at Trenity Elementary School in New Port Richy, Florida. I was sitting inh my seat in the frount of the class starting on a grammer assinment that was on the board when all of a sudden I heard crying from the class diagnal from us. It was one of the teachers and at first I thought "Okaysomething happend, maybe a teacher's loved one died." That is when I returned to my work and a few minutes later Mrs. Schultz walked into the room and told us that the World Trade Center had just been attacked. All I could say what "What?" I didn't say that in surprise or shcok because at the time I was only 10 years old and I didn't know the towers by name but as soon as she showed us a picture of what they normally looked like I was like "Okay and your point is?"I had no idea what the buildings were for, I just knew that they were in New York and that they were very tall.Then she told us that alot of people were hurt and all I could say was "So?" This happend in New York and I was in Florida and I was only 10, there was nothing I could do so I didn't worry about it.

I think I pissed off alot of people the following weeks everytime what happend at the World Trade Center came up I didn't care. I had no invalvment in it and no one I loved what hurt. People were telling me to pray and feel sorry for the people that had died and the families that had been effected and all I could say to myself and them was "Why?" because even at 10 I already knew about death and it was pointless to greave and because no matter what I did I would not be able to bring them back. Then we started sending out troops and like most Americans I supported the war because me being so young I bought into the propaganda of the weapons of mass distruction and to find Osama.

Once I turned 13 in 2004 I started to do more research and by that time I became anti-war. What I didn't understand is that every year I heard the words "We want to forget" and then I would go to someone else and they would say that "We will never forget." So even now people still have mixed emotions about what happend on this day seven years ago, I say we need to move on. When I woke up this morning I didn't thing much of this day but that all changed when I turned on the news and found out that people were doing stuff all over the country and I just found myself saying "WHY!?" It's been seven years but people still won't let the fall of the towers go and I think it's pointless. I have spoken with old friends (pen pals) that I have in England and heard that they don't make a big deal about the attacks they experianced a few years ago and they said that they do something to commemorate the dead but they keep it at that which shows that American's blow everything out of proportion. I'm not saying that we should forget that it happend, i'm saying that we need to grow up and move on, remeber the dead but get on with your lives.

Role
Other
Dude seriusly :chillpill:

Agreed Pojo and thanks.

Agreed.

This is something I just wrote for my English class and it expresses my view on 9/11.

Seven years later​

September 11, 2001, I remeber that day. It was a tipical day and I was in Mrs. Schults 5th grade class at Trenity Elementary School in New Port Richy, Florida. I was sitting inh my seat in the frount of the class starting on a grammer assinment that was on the board when all of a sudden I heard crying from the class diagnal from us. It was one of the teachers and at first I thought "Okaysomething happend, maybe a teacher's loved one died." That is when I returned to my work and a few minutes later Mrs. Schultz walked into the room and told us that the World Trade Center had just been attacked. All I could say what "What?" I didn't say that in surprise or shcok because at the time I was only 10 years old and I didn't know the towers by name but as soon as she showed us a picture of what they normally looked like I was like "Okay and your point is?"I had no idea what the buildings were for, I just knew that they were in New York and that they were very tall.Then she told us that alot of people were hurt and all I could say was "So?" This happend in New York and I was in Florida and I was only 10, there was nothing I could do so I didn't worry about it.

I think I pissed off alot of people the following weeks everytime what happend at the World Trade Center came up I didn't care. I had no invalvment in it and no one I loved what hurt. People were telling me to pray and feel sorry for the people that had died and the families that had been effected and all I could say to myself and them was "Why?" because even at 10 I already knew about death and it was pointless to greave and because no matter what I did I would not be able to bring them back. Then we started sending out troops and like most Americans I supported the war because me being so young I bought into the propaganda of the weapons of mass distruction and to find Osama.

Once I turned 13 in 2004 I started to do more research and by that time I became anti-war. What I didn't understand is that every year I heard the words "We want to forget" and then I would go to someone else and they would say that "We will never forget." So even now people still have mixed emotions about what happend on this day seven years ago, I say we need to move on. When I woke up this morning I didn't thing much of this day but that all changed when I turned on the news and found out that people were doing stuff all over the country and I just found myself saying "WHY!?" It's been seven years but people still won't let the fall of the towers go and I think it's pointless. I have spoken with old friends (pen pals) that I have in England and heard that they don't make a big deal about the attacks they experianced a few years ago and they said that they do something to commemorate the dead but they keep it at that which shows that American's blow everything out of proportion. I'm not saying that we should forget that it happend, i'm saying that we need to grow up and move on, remeber the dead but get on with your lives.
After reading this, I really feel sorry for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.