• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

6'6", a diaper and a lightsaber....that ought to blow your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Greetings all!
I've never been very good at these intros so please bear with me.
As the title says, I'm 6'6", a DL, and am into all things sci-fi/geek. I am part of a Sci-Fi costuming group that does charity events and whxdeadxch. I am an avid reader, movie lover and enjoy attending conventions, Rennaissance Faires and suchlike. I love the outdoors and animals. I've been a DL since around puberty. Typically it's a solo act for me. My GF knows all about it, and has no objections to it. However it is definitely not her thing. Unfortunate but it is workable. I tend to be more of a lurker/reader, but I will post when I have something to contribute.
That's it in a nutshell! If you want to know more, just ask!

Role
  1. Private
Greetings all!
I've never been very good at these intros so please bear with me.
As the title says, I'm 6'6", a DL, and am into all things sci-fi/geek. I am part of a Sci-Fi costuming group that does charity events and whxdeadxch. I am an avid reader, movie lover and enjoy attending conventions, Rennaissance Faires and suchlike. I love the outdoors and animals. I've been a DL since around puberty. Typically it's a solo act for me. My GF knows all about it, and has no objections to it. However it is definitely not her thing. Unfortunate but it is workable. I tend to be more of a lurker/reader, but I will post when I have something to contribute.
That's it in a nutshell! If you want to know more, just ask!

OH GOODNESS! You're a nerd AND a DL? *gasp* ;)

I suspect there is a lot of crossover between these two groups. I myself am a pretty avid nerd, though I don't follow that path into Anime or Star Wars/Trek. I like the stories in the Star Wars/Trek series, but don't collect the books, costumes, collectables, candy, wallpaper, etc.

You mention that you're an avid reader, which resonates strongly with me. Outside of Science Fiction, what books, authors, and genres do you like to read?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome to site earthling. I to like science fiction, and I tend to live on the SyFy station..haha. I also am a reader and a writer, as well as a professional musician who likes the out doors, so you are in good company. I think there is a little nerdiness in most of us so you will fit right in.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
OP, you aren't in the 501'st Legion, are you? If so...we need to talk:)

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Seventeen months for your first thread in greetings/introductions, WOW, are you just super cautious or just a voyeur? Good intro, we see you took a little time to put it together. So welcome to ADISC!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
501st... Vader's Fist. I'm not a member (could never afford one of those suits)... but they are pretty cool.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You will find many fellow brethren amongst this community. The nerds definitely seem to be well represented here in many different forms. Welcome!

shadowdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Wow! so many replies so fast! I'll try and answer the questions that've come up in order:

I enjoy a lot of fantasy books such as Mercedes Lackey's novels, the Haarry Potter series etc.
Neither Jedi nor Sith (though I do have a Sith costume) I follow the Shadow side- the balance between the light and the dark.
Yes indeed I'm a giant!
No I'm not in the 501'st....yet. I do have several friends that are, as well as the Rebel Legion.
As for the 17 month gap, I think I found the site and meant to get back to it, but I forgot about it and it got lost in the shuffle. I am more of a lurker however.
My pipe dream costume is a screen accurate Vader *sigh* someday....

Anywhoo, I think that's all of them. Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.