Not open for further replies.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
[Removed]

I don't see [inducing incontinence by wearing 24/7] as promoting self harm however. I'm sure this has been talked about many times on here, but here are my thoughts.

I am not IC but would like to be. I feel an emotional need to accomplish this as do many other people; some of whom are probably reading this right now. This need has been in my head since my very young years and recently it has been almost driving me crazy.

I hear all the time from people who are IC that I don't know what it's like and it's not worth it. But for me, everything is relative. I don't consider this harming my body. I believe ignoring my urges and desires to become incontinent serves as a worse harm for me emotionally.

Consider this... If a man wants to get breast implants, and tells people he/she is, wouldn't this be breaking rule #6? Surgery and knives and needles seem like self harm to me. Mind you, I am not against this in any, I'm just trying to make a point

Anyways, if I'm out of line, I will surely quit my ranting and enjoy all the other aspects of this site. Just thought I'd ask fellow members your view on this issue.

Thanks,

-WC :twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Trying to make yourself incontinent is trying to stop your body from doing something it's supposed to. Thus, it would be considered self-harm.

On this site, we only encourage behaviors which are overall healthful. We encourage people who want to wear diapers to do so if they want, because diapers are not harmful, and giving in to such an urge is better than keeping it bottled up. However, an urge to make oneself incontinent is not considered harmless here. In fact, if this desire of yours is causing you a lot of grieve, you might want to consider looking into therapy, if your financial situation permits it.

As for a man wanting breast implants, well I don't know much about that, but it most cases he would probably survive with no ill effects. The pain from surgery would be temporary. But losing control of your bodily functions is a long-term deal that's going to affect most aspects of one's life.

So while we members here certainly cannot control what you or anyone else does in life, we simply can't promote behavior with such consequences.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
A nice OPINION you have.

Thanks for the reply

- - - Updated - - -

Consider this also... why is it that transgendered people can see a therapist and be given hormones to make their body look and feel like they know it should feel, but because I want to be incontinent, I have to see a therapist to prevent it?

Seems odd...

Just to clarify, I am in NO WAY attacking the transgendered community. I'm simply making a comparison

:twocents:

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Surgery for transgender people is done by doctors, who have learned how to properly and safely perform surgery. Thus, it is no more self-harm than having surgery to remove cancer.

This is a far cry from the ideas proposed by people seeking to induce IC. I have yet to see any idea that doesn't involve the person doing something risky to themselves, when they have little to no idea of what medical risks it poses.

A more accurate comparison would be if a trangendered person wanted to cut their breasts or penis off themselves. That would qualify as self-harm just as much as methods for inducing IC.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So chosing to go potty in only diapers instead of the toilet is self harm? Ok, not following here...

If I happen to be one IC that would be a good side effect for my personal goals.

It's only "self harm" if you feel you are harming yourself. I feel secure in my actions therefore no harm is being done.

Again, it all goes back to relativity

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not arguing, rather just stating facts..

FauxPas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
So chosing to go potty in only diapers instead of the toilet is self harm? Ok, not following here...

If I happen to be one IC that would be a good side effect for my personal goals.

It's only "self harm" if you feel you are harming yourself. I feel secure in my actions therefore no harm is being done.

Again, it all goes back to relativity

It would take a long time to make yourself IC by just going in diapers non stop, he is referring to methods that require doing things that are unhealthy to your body to make yourself IC.

I'm sure there are people that feel secure with many things they do that qualify as self harm, does not make them right.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
It would take a long time to make yourself IC by just going in diapers non stop, he is referring to methods that require doing things that are unhealthy to your body to make yourself IC.

I'm sure there are people that feel secure with many things they do that qualify as self harm, does not make them right.

The only way I am trying to achieve my goal is by wearing 24/7 and letting time pass. No surgery, pills, hypnosis, medications, nothing! Basically I am just welcoming of any "side effects". Some people may consider this bad, maybe not... To clarify once more, "self harm" is all perspective...

Anyways. I'm over this topic now. I've said my peace

Thanks,

-WC

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Ranted? Then quit? Why would you even state it in the first place? It's like going into a subway, cussing at them for awful food, then leaving without hearing what everyone else has to say. I love their pulled pork subs :p

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Ranted? Then quit? Why would you even state the rant in the first place? It's like going into a subway, cussing at them for awful food, then leaving without hearing what everyone else has to say. I love their pulled pork subs :p

Funny, I didn't feel like I was ranting.

Oh Well

Adventurer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hi WearingClouds,

I can see what you're saying. You have a strong emotional need to be incontinent. That has to be hard, absolutely.

I think that the reason the rule exits is because when most people say that they want to become incontinent, they are open to more dangerous ways of doing it. So we don't allow discussion of it here because it could lead to people being encouraged to do something dangerous - which would then lead to possible liability issues for Moo, our admin. So that's the reason for the rule, and I think it's a good one.

In your situation, you're not planning anything overtly harmful, which is good. I would still argue, though, that becoming incontinent naturally (if it's even possible) is harmful in its own way. You're talking about reducing your independence and freedom to relieve yourself whenever possible, which is always handy even if you enjoy diapers as much as most of us do! Being unable to control when you relieve yourself also opens you up to far more potential embarrassment should someone smell you, and lower hygiene since you can't always clean up soon after an accident. Even if you're only thinking urinary incontinence, it's still reducing your independence, and forcing you into diapers whether you want it or not.

I'm not saying you're bad for wanting this. We can't control what we want, after all. I'm saying that it may be a wiser idea to look into why you want to become incontinent. The reason why could reveal a lot of important things. You've compared it to a transgendered person wanting to get sexual reassignment surgery; before being approved for SRS, a person has to go through a course of therapy to make sure it's really the best course of action. In your case, something similar might help. If there's someone you can talk this out with, it could be really helpful for you. People around here will be willing to talk to you, myself included, but a professional opinion could be really helpful as you think about becoming IC.

All in all, I'm not convinced that any form of becoming IC isn't self-harm, and I think it's best to talk to someone about why you want this and try to come up with a less permanent way to fulfill your needs. Again, you're not a bad person for wanting this! You're far from the only one. But I think it'll really, really be better in the long one if you find a non-permanent way to make yourself happy.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Thanks for the reply! I respect how you approached the topic.

Best Wishes

-WC

daLira

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I agree in general about what Adventurer said.

A little fault you've made in the beginning is vaguely stating you want to "become incontinent", but actually meaning to accomplish it by wearing diapers all day long.
And furthermore of mixing it up with a comparison between wanting to be IC, breast implants or in general a sex reassignment surgery. That's just wrong, as a TG girl you should understand this by yourself already.

Perhaps on one hand someone who is in the wrong body might feel like having the urge to cut something off, that is associated with their "wrong" gender. Doing it would obviously be self harm. Getting done the appropriate surgeries and hormone therapies is not comparable by any means. It is an adjustment, several procedures for your personal appearance to much your inner gender based personality. Besides some changes to your personality itself due to hormones too.
From one point someone could say now: But hey! That's exactly it, I only want an approximation to the point where I feel what I want to become. - Fair, but one tiny aspect: It would be an impairment, it is trying to stop your body from doing what it's supposed to. Also considered a disability, despite that it's usually just a symptom. At worst one could also end up with not being able to go to the toilet at all anymore, everything would just be "shut". A diaper would always be unused, by whatever means.

At the end of the day it is nothing desirable. You'd never know when it might happen. A certain time when it might be very unpleasent to have a big accident? It will happen, no way around it.
On a date where it would ruin every chance of getting to know eachother? It will happen eventually.
In a job interview, meeting, or a presentation? Will happen by chance.
At a family gathering or being together with a bunch of friends that you really like and certainly don't want to bother them? Will happen.
Perhaps not immediately, or even in days, weeks or months. But once will be the time, and no one would like that surely.

Hint: I've only written this if you may have a desire to harm yourself but may be afraid of telling this and still consider going for it. Don't do that please.
However, if you are serious about the fact that you merely want to "feel" like needing diapers all the time and not hurting yourself... then there's nothing about it. You are not becoming IC indeed by force and can anyway stop it everywhere and everytime when you need to, no harm done. That is the main fact about it, it is safe and sane. Maybe it's a bit obscure, but it is not reprehensible.
A few people here are doing it anyway and to be honest I think as long as it's "sane", then it's perfectly fine. Just do what makes you happy! You're not hurting anyone and it gives you some pleasure certainly.

I'd guess just be wary about any thoughts of wanting more. This is why I also think it's important that you have someone to talk about this. It never hurts doing that, with a close friend that knows about this already or any professional. It would surely take a load off your mind.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi WearingClouds,

I can see what you're saying. You have a strong emotional need to be incontinent. That has to be hard, absolutely.

I think that the reason the rule exits is because when most people say that they want to become incontinent, they are open to more dangerous ways of doing it. So we don't allow discussion of it here because it could lead to people being encouraged to do something dangerous - which would then lead to possible liability issues for Moo, our admin. So that's the reason for the rule, and I think it's a good one.

In your situation, you're not planning anything overtly harmful, which is good. I would still argue, though, that becoming incontinent naturally (if it's even possible) is harmful in its own way. You're talking about reducing your independence and freedom to relieve yourself whenever possible, which is always handy even if you enjoy diapers as much as most of us do! Being unable to control when you relieve yourself also opens you up to far more potential embarrassment should someone smell you, and lower hygiene since you can't always clean up soon after an accident. Even if you're only thinking urinary incontinence, it's still reducing your independence, and forcing you into diapers whether you want it or not.

I'm not saying you're bad for wanting this. We can't control what we want, after all. I'm saying that it may be a wiser idea to look into why you want to become incontinent. The reason why could reveal a lot of important things. You've compared it to a transgendered person wanting to get sexual reassignment surgery; before being approved for SRS, a person has to go through a course of therapy to make sure it's really the best course of action. In your case, something similar might help. If there's someone you can talk this out with, it could be really helpful for you. People around here will be willing to talk to you, myself included, but a professional opinion could be really helpful as you think about becoming IC.

All in all, I'm not convinced that any form of becoming IC isn't self-harm, and I think it's best to talk to someone about why you want this and try to come up with a less permanent way to fulfill your needs. Again, you're not a bad person for wanting this! You're far from the only one. But I think it'll really, really be better in the long one if you find a non-permanent way to make yourself happy.
Just to add, it's not harmful to become incontinent at all. It's actually beneficial in a way or two. (I'm in no way trying to promote anything.) Holding your bladder causes multiple urinary related issues. Prostate cancer, kidney stones. Men and women go through their entire lives holding it until they can get to a restroom. Today's society is actually terrible when it comes to bathroom habits. People have developed huge bladders and whatever they drink gets held back until a convenient time arises. Truck drivers are especially bad at this.

I really don't care if a person wants to become incontinent or not. It doesn't affect me, and if it makes one happy, so be it.

Moo cannot be held responsible for anyone doing anything to "harm" themselves. This is a social media site. Opinions and suggestions will be shared but no one here is licensed for it.
Although doing something evasive is completely stupid especially when you don't know what you are doing. As long as they just go when the urge arises method is used, it's okay. Just don't do anything to permanently damage your body for a fetish.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little

You aren't following because you're willfully misrepresenting what's being said (the other explanation I can imagine is a lack of intelligence and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not an idiot). No one's saying that using diapers is self-harm. Everyone is saying that applying some DIY method to remove a normal functionality of your motor control system- eg, removing continence- is self-harm.

It's only "self harm" if you feel you are harming yourself.

Bullshit. If I chop off my arm, I've committed self-harm. Maybe, maybe, I had a good reason to do so but that isn't the point. It's self-harm either way, and suggesting there was a good reason to do so at best is a mitigating factor- much in the sense that justifiable homicide is still homicide.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Bullshit. If I chop off my arm, I've committed self-harm. Maybe, maybe, I had a good reason to do so but that isn't the point. It's self-harm either way, and suggesting there was a good reason to do so at best is a mitigating factor- much in the sense that justifiable homicide is still homicide.

Ouch

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yes, anyone can wear and use 24/7, and you aren't going to do any permanent damage, but I think DaLira gave some very good reasons why you might want to reconsider. I've noticed when I've worn and used all day, and this is for just one day, that I have to use the bathroom more often afterward, probably because my bladder has gotten used to voiding with less in there. It always recovers by the next day, but it can be an uncomfortable feeling.

My feeling is, to each his/her own. It's not the end of the world.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little

The sugar-coated version everyone else was giving didn't seem to penetrate. If anything it just brought out dickish retorts.

Last edited:

Kaylen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I don't want to be IC. I don't support self-harm. This is simply my 2 cents a a passerby.

I feel like emotional well-being is more important PROVIDED it is achieved through safe measures.

I think being IC would be a hassle, but if it's done slowly over time with no dangerous activities involved, it's fine. I understand why being IC would create the feeling of being complete as an AB/DL. I won't because it's not my goal, but that's not to say WearingClouds shouldn't. It's his choice and I say more power too him. He's an adult (as much as AB's can be lol) and can make adult decisions (again lol).

But seriously, I don't see an issue.

Just be careful mang.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
[Removed]

I don't see [inducing incontinence by wearing 24/7] as promoting self harm however. I'm sure this has been talked about many times on here, but here are my thoughts.

I am not IC but would like to be. I feel an emotional need to accomplish this as do many other people; some of whom are probably reading this right now. This need has been in my head since my very young years and recently it has been almost driving me crazy.

I hear all the time from people who are IC that I don't know what it's like and it's not worth it. But for me, everything is relative. I don't consider this harming my body. I believe ignoring my urges and desires to become incontinent serves as a worse harm for me emotionally.

Consider this... If a man wants to get breast implants, and tells people he/she is, wouldn't this be breaking rule #6? Surgery and knives and needles seem like self harm to me. Mind you, I am not against this in any, I'm just trying to make a point

Anyways, if I'm out of line, I will surely quit my ranting and enjoy all the other aspects of this site. Just thought I'd ask fellow members your view on this issue.

Thanks,

-WC :twocents:

If you disagree with a moderator's decision, take up with the moderator, or me, via requests.

Nobody's going to stop you actually making yourself IC using this method. But please don't brag about it on the site. Not everyone is as smart as you.

Many might risk health issues by doing things to "encourage" themselves to become IC, or simply take the same approach as you with less mind for how much of an adjustment it really is.

Being IC is a lot less fun than its cracked up to be. We don't want to encourage people to gown that road. As any long-term, not-by-choice IC person can tell you, it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.