5G Diaper Implants

Skunkdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  • Haha
Reactions: 49beachdipe and neophyte
I actually heard about this on. NPR this weekend. Yikes. Could be fun to adapt or use in an adult diaper!

Reactions: 49beachdipe
I was at a trade show for work last fall and there was a booth for a company selling diaper sensors. No free samples, though. (Damn!)

But really, I'm not a fan. It just seems like a way to go through diapers 2-3 times as fast. It's no wonder the diaper companies are all over this idea.

Last edited:
They could come in handy in institutional settings ie: Nursing homes.. They would inform staff of Diaper statuses...

Last edited:
Reactions: 49beachdipe and Skunkdude
The whole idea behind 5G is integration of data, which means the NSA will have access to all this information. I plan to stay with cloth diapers serviced at home.

Here are some questions that come to mind:

I wonder if the sensors deactivate after ending up in the landfill?
What would someone do with the information when they see a diaper in a specific venue, such as the mall, the theater, or at a restaurant?
What about kids who sneak diapers for experimental purposes?

One thing is certain, if sensors are put into diapers, it will raise awareness of just how many people wear them.

Skunkdude said:
The whole idea behind 5G is integration of data, which means the NSA will have access to all this information. I plan to stay with cloth diapers serviced at home.

Here are some questions that come to mind:

I wonder if the sensors deactivate after ending up in the landfill?
What would someone do with the information when they see a diaper in a specific venue, such as the mall, the theater, or at a restaurant?
What about kids who sneak diapers for experimental purposes?

One thing is certain, if sensors are put into diapers, it will raise awareness of just how many people wear them.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought that it would be some sort of re-useable device.

Applejack said:
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought that it would be some sort of re-useable device.
I just did a search and found a couple of relevant links. The first link points to a whole range of wifi baby related products, which includes the diaper sensor:

Here is a direct link to the diaper sensor technology:

The diaper sensor technology linked above is a disposable technology. There may be a reusable technology, too.

Reactions: 49beachdipe
Skunkdude said:
The diaper sensor technology linked above is a disposable technology. There may be a reusable technology, too.
The ones I saw at the show were a reusable product--a little rubberized module that clipped to the waistband of a diaper.

I wouldn't completely discount the disposable route, but even the most cost-reduced disposable electronics would surely triple or quadruple the cost (to the manufacturer) of making a diaper. The free market's adoption of "smart diapers" seems a ways off. In the near term, though, perhaps parents of children with extremely sensitive skin will still find the technology compelling.

Here are the ones I saw: https://www.ausense.us/

Last edited:
Reactions: 49beachdipe and Applejack
DanielW said:
Honestly...if you are in the same house YOU KNOW when someone's pooped their diaper.
Yes of course. But in a little/big situation or even just solo. It would be really fun for basically something/someone else deciding when it’s time to change. Sounds really fun to me.

Cottontail said:
Actually, I'm a tad perplexed, because although this site shows pictures of their product attached to diapers, it also mentions "disposable." Maybe I misunderstood how it worked. Must dig deeper now! Maybe it's part disposable, part reusable? Hard to read on a phone...

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
It looks like it is disposable. Here are the highlights given on that page:

Simple to use
Sensor is disposable and built into the diaper so no cleaning or worrying about placement
Reduce Waste
Accurate monitoring of wetness allows diapers to only be changed when they are needed reducing landfill waste
Low Cost
Disposable sensor is built directly into the diaper for negligible cost combined with a lightweight reusable transmitter
Data monitoring
Additional sensors in the button provide caregivers and medical staff with vital sign information and peace of mind.
Proximity Tracking
Notifications when toddler or patient is wondering off ensures that he never wonders off when you're out shopping
Highly Accurate
Sensor covers 100% absorption area and accurately tracks the amount of urine (not just wetness)

Notice the "Reduce Waste" blurb. It is saying that diapers should be left on until completely soaked to reduce landfill waste.

In the Low Cost blurb, it is saying that a transmitter is separate from the sensor. It would seem the transmitter picks up a signal from the sensor and transmits it. It could transmit, for example, to a wifi system or just give an audio alarm.

If the diaper wearer walks away from the transmitter, the alarm will go off.

Okay, y'all, few things. Aw, shoot. They done boinked up now!

Dude, I don't even. . . No! No, no, no, no, no. No!

I could see the use in it, sure. If I were incapacitated enough to need to be diapered in front of a medical professional. I'd likely be too mortified by my own functional backslide, to be able to admit I needed changing, and, honestly, I'd probably need my BIG, to reassure me I was still human, and deserving of life! Yes, I'm a Little bABy, and?

It's one thing to do it in Littlespace, or to have a bad continence day, when otherwise well, and conscious, but being hospitalized and even more immobile than usual, and being dependent on them? That's my nightmare fuel! Those who want to go while asleep, what? I'd have to have dangerous objects hidden from me!

When one can't bring himself or herself to admit to needing changed, sure, fine, whatever, some kind of sensor maybe needed, but why wifi? Aren't 2 sensors needed? 1 for number 1, and the other in the back for number 2?

Wifi? Really? Too many people could find out way too much stuff. Just make the sensors make a sound! Also, the purpose of the sensor is to change as soon as the person is wet or poopy. Right? Tell me again, why, if the standard of care in everything from daycares to hospitals, is to check for pee or poop every 2 hours, we didn't just stick with cloth!

I'm all for some kind of reusable sensor, that tells me, "Yep, Little guy has wet and/or messed," but no one needs to know but me, so, wifi? Fooey!

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:

I could see the use in it, sure. If I were incapacitated enough to need to be diapered in front of a medical professional. I'd likely be too mortified by my own functional backslide, to be able to admit I needed changing, and, honestly, I'd probably need my BIG, to reassure me I was still human, and deserving of life! Yes, I'm a Little bABy, and?

It's one thing to do it in Littlespace, or to have a bad continence day, when otherwise well, and conscious, but being hospitalized and even more immobile than usual, and being dependent on them? That's my nightmare fuel! Those who want to go while asleep, what? I'd have to have dangerous objects hidden from me!

When one can't bring himself or herself to admit to needing changed, sure, fine, whatever, some kind of sensor maybe needed, but why wifi? Aren't 2 sensors needed? 1 for number 1, and the other in the back for number 2?

Wifi? Really? Too many people could find out way too much stuff. Just make the sensors make a sound! Also, the purpose of the sensor is to change as soon as the person is wet or poopy. Right? Tell me again, why, if the standard of care in everything from daycares to hospitals, is to check for pee or poop every 2 hours, we didn't just stick with cloth!

I'm all for some kind of reusable sensor, that tells me, "Yep, Little guy has wet and/or messed," but no one needs to know but me, so, wifi? Fooey!
See I had imagined it as something like Bluetooth that is linked to only 1 or maybe 2 devices(ie the phone in your pocket or the pocket of the parents) not as something completely open just announcing the status of your diaper to anyone with WiFi

SpAzpieSweeTot said:

Tee hee. :) Ok, Diaper Designer, time to crack your knuckles and take a stab and painting a mental picture of this non-WiFi diaper sensor. Me, I'm envisioning a chromed-out steel diaper cover--reminiscent of Marian's chastity belt in Robin Hood: Men in Tights, but with a touchscreen running the length of the crotch. While kiddo is running around in just his diaper, the screen would be aglow with usage statistics, or the parent could select some kind of theme--like a fish that's flopping around on dry land until kiddo pees, and is then under water and swimming happily when the diaper is wet. :)

Out in public, a "secret knock" on the rear of the touchscreen could invoke any number of auditory indicators of diaper fullness, or else put the diaper into "airplane mode," so that diaper fullness isn't suddenly and awkwardly announced to an airplane (or movie theater!) full of strangers.

Wow there's tinfoil-hat level paranoia and misinformation here, including the original link (infowars, really, is that a credible unbiased source for anything?)

People have been trying to put connectivity into everything and anything for decades now (how many net connected fridges have been unveiled at CES over the years?) and most of it's never caught on as it's largely a solution looking for a problem. The Internet Of Things is the current generation of this bullshit, and despite masses of hype the best it's managed is a few idiots buying light bulbs they can control from their phone.

Putting 5G in a diaper makes no sense (it's completely the wrong thing for the purpose and insanely expensive), more likely would be BLE or NFC or something, but then that tech has existed for a decade and no-one's bothered to do it yet.

As for 5G being a pretense for spying on us... government agencies wouldn't be doing their jobs if they couldn't access their own nation's communication networks at will, it's been going on since the days of steaming open envelopes or intercepting telegrams (and is really no secret) and honestly I'd be far more concerned about the likes of Alexa/Siri/Google's always-on microphones in your home or Facebook's panopticon of your life than the NSA taking an interest, at least they're supposedly doing it with a higher purpose than just monetizing you.

RubberJin said:
As for 5G being a pretense for spying on us... government agencies wouldn't be doing their jobs if they couldn't access their own nation's communication networks at will, it's been going on since the days of steaming open envelopes or intercepting telegrams (and is really no secret) and honestly I'd be far more concerned about the likes of Alexa/Siri/Google's always-on microphones in your home or Facebook's panopticon of your life than the NSA taking an interest, at least they're supposedly doing it with a higher purpose than just monetizing you.
What? You mean you're not worried that, in the middle of the final presidential debate, everybody's baby is going to need a new diaper whenever the Democratic candidate steps to the mic?

Skunkdude said:
It looks like it is disposable. Here are the highlights given on that page:

Simple to use
Sensor is disposable and built into the diaper so no cleaning or worrying about placement
Reduce Waste
Accurate monitoring of wetness allows diapers to only be changed when they are needed reducing landfill waste
Low Cost
Disposable sensor is built directly into the diaper for negligible cost combined with a lightweight reusable transmitter
Data monitoring
Additional sensors in the button provide caregivers and medical staff with vital sign information and peace of mind.
Proximity Tracking
Notifications when toddler or patient is wondering off ensures that he never wonders off when you're out shopping
Highly Accurate
Sensor covers 100% absorption area and accurately tracks the amount of urine (not just wetness)

Notice the "Reduce Waste" blurb. It is saying that diapers should be left on until completely soaked to reduce landfill waste.

In the Low Cost blurb, it is saying that a transmitter is separate from the sensor. It would seem the transmitter picks up a signal from the sensor and transmits it. It could transmit, for example, to a wifi system or just give an audio alarm.

If the diaper wearer walks away from the transmitter, the alarm will go off.
Actually, the standard of care is every 2 hours. I'm pretty sure staff are more interested in not changing unused diapers in noncommunicative patients, and in changing patient or baby as soon as the diaper is loved at all, since that's what the standard says, "change when wet or soiled."

Here's the thing. There's this thing, it's called, um. . . Oh, yeah, completion! What if the person isn't done going!? My control is there, but it's funky. Sometimes I need time to be sure I'm done, or, dear, sweet medical person, you're getting gone on, or you'll have to come back in 5 minutes, when this half spasmodic, half controlled urinary or fecal oopsy is over.

Back