5 songs you can't live without

Furrytum

Will smile for pancakes.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pretty self-explanatory, just list five songs you can't live without. For me (in no particular order) they are:
Submission by Fields of The Nephilim.
Digital Bath by Deftones.
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metallica.
Attica by Linea Aspera.
Estranged by Guns n Roses.

Reactions: Left and GermanDL
Anything by Rush. Pick 5 songs, I can't live without 'em. #NeilPeartRIP

Reactions: GermanDL, DippyDawg and Furrytum
Furrytum said:
Pretty self-explanatory, just list five songs you can't live without. For me (in no particular order) they are:
Attica by Linea Aspera.
There's a song on that list I never thought I'd see mentioned on this site! Through the webs we have weaved...

Reactions: Furrytum
KCA said:
There's a song on that list I never thought I'd see mentioned on this site! Through the webs we have weaved...
😁👍

Furrytum said:
Given the first four tracks on Elizium are one song, can I claim the whole album as five songs? :)

KCA said:
Given the first four tracks on Elizium are one song, can I claim the whole album as five songs? :)
Go on then...just this once 👍

My choices are going to date me as the old fart I am, but here goes what immediately comes to mind:

Hush Hush by Siegel Schwall Blues Band (IN-f'in-credible bass solo at 3:40)

Sufficiently Breathless by Captain Beyond

-
Travelin' Shoes by Elvin Bishop (studio version)

-
Revival by The Allman Brothers

-
Dreams by Molly Hatchet

-
China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider by The Grateful Dead (Europe '72 version)

Scarlet Begonias>Fire On The Mountain by The Grateful Dead (5/8/77 version)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GermanDL, LittlePrince and Furrytum
Molly Hatchet, FTW!

Reactions: GermanDL and DippyDawg
BobbiSueEllen said:
Molly Hatchet, FTW!
Check out the edited version of my post for Hush Hush by the Siegel Schwall band.

1. Kicking and Screaming
2. My People
3. A New Sky
4. This Boys In Love
5. Anywhere

All by one of my favourite Aussie bands, The Presets in their 2008 album Apocalypso

Reactions: GermanDL, Furrytum and DippyDawg
I guess a lot of mine are little themed. Swear it's a coincidence 🙃

Reactions: Furrytum and DippyDawg
Only five? That's hard. If I constrain me to the ones I really can't live without, this will be a strange mixture, omitting lots of more characteristic examples of my taste which constitute the majority of my playlist but are more interchangeable. These 5 are special for me in certain ways that can't be matched by others.

Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water. Yes, it's overly sweet, but a masterpiece of arrangement.

Paul Simon's Late in the Evening in the 1992 live version with Stuff. Love it or not, but they definitely do enjoy it. RIP Richard Tee.

Marillion's Blind Curve. In my opinion, the most representative example of the Fish era.

Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb in the DSOT version. Gilmour stratocasting spells.

Arena's Opera Fanatica. My NeoProg favourite.

Reactions: GermanDL, Furrytum, DippyDawg and 1 other person
ElPulpo said:
Only five? That's hard. If I constrain me to the ones I really can't live without, this will be a strange mixture, omitting lots of more characteristic examples of my taste which constitute the majority of my playlist but are more interchangeable. These 5 are special for me in certain ways that can't be matched by others.

Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water. Yes, it's overly sweet, but a masterpiece of arrangement.

Paul Simon's Late in the Evening in the 1992 live version with Stuff. Love it or not, but they definitely do enjoy it. RIP Richard Tee.

Marillion's Blind Curve. In my opinion, the most representative example of the Fish era.

Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb in the DSOT version. Gilmour stratocasting spells.

Arena's Opera Fanatica. My NeoProg favourite.
A snippet of Late In the Evening is my ringtone.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ElPulpo and Furrytum
Furrytum said:
Attica by Linea Aspera.

FORE PLAY, BOSTON
CHINA GROVE, DOOBIE BROS
JUST YOU AND ME, CHICAGO
MAGIC CARPET RIDE, STEPPIN WOLF

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GermanDL and Furrytum

T'Pau - China In Your Hand

Ace of Base - Always Have, Always Will

Amy Macdonald - Spark

Beyoncé - Halo (Live)

The Script - Superheroes

Picking 5 for me is hard but and random 5 song with awesome power balads will do me

Billy Joel - My Life

Who can't live without This is the Way?

This is the way I get out of bed,
Get out of bed, get out of bed,
This is the way I get out of bed,
On a cold and frosty morning.

This is the way I dress myself,
Dress myself, dress myself,
This is the way I dress myself,
On a cold and frosty morning.

And so on...

And let's not forget Old MacDonald. It's incredibly versatile and lends itself to any musical style. I'll bet that down on the farm, they sing that that song, sing that song, sing that song, down on the farm they sing that song, all day long.
Can't think of any more, at the moment, and my bus is here; oh, look at those wheels, going round and round....

This is the way I say goodbye, say goodbye, say goodbye, this is the way I say goodbye, on a mild, relaxing evening.
😃

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy, LittlePrince and Furrytum
Back