24/7 question pull-up vs. tab style

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Messages
345
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey all, question out there. Do you consider yourself 24/7 if you wear a combination of pull-ups and tab style diapers? I haven’t made the switch yet to tab style during the day but at home and at night, it’s tab style, plastic backed old school diapers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21 and littledreamers333
When I first started wearing 24/7 due to incontinence I began with pull-ups before I realized they were inadequate for my needs and switched to tab style briefs. It was a period of discover with all the brands that were available, but the hugh expense of disposables was soon making a shambles of my SSDI fixed income. Then I remembered how much money cloth diapering our children had saved my wife and I and made the decision to try them for my situation. With cloth diapers I encountered another learning curve that has substantially flattened, but I’m still find myself learning 7 years later. When I started wearing it was out of necessity, but having had an affinity for plastic pants in time I become not only a PPL, but also a DL. As a DL it’s my belief that anything absorbent that you wear between your derrière and your clothing, which is optional, counts you as a diaper wearer. If you enjoy doing so it makes you amongst the rakes of we few, we proud, we DL’s (with my apologies to all Marines out there for stealing their recruiting phrasing).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Jim100 and Deleted member 59082
I would consider pull-ups a diaper. After all, it is a incontinent product.
However as Zeke said, there are inadequate for me. If I use one, I would have to change it about 3-4 times a day. Where as I don't have to change the tab stile, most days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blaincorrous
I am 24x7 because I am incontinent and I do not use pull-ups as they do not provide adequate protection for my needs
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jim100 and NappiedTruckDriver
Do to the fact I need to wear 24/7 protection !
A Four tape plastic back , with very good adsorbing diaper for me .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jim100 and NappiedTruckDriver
Pampers4Ever said:
Hey all, question out there. Do you consider yourself 24/7 if you wear a combination of pull-ups and tab style diapers? I haven’t made the switch yet to tab style during the day but at home and at night, it’s tab style, plastic backed old school diapers.
This puppy doesn't call pullups a diaper, more "absorbent disposable underwear" that don't work as well as a fitted diaper. They're both products that allow you the choice to not use the bathroom (in a responsible not having an accident way) though, so you can count yourself as 24/7 IMHO. 24/7 is somewhat subjective - if your happy with your padding then this puppy is happy for you regardless! If pullups scratch your itch and work for you, then wear them!

Many fantasize about going 24/7, some do it in spurts to challenge themselves, some try it and decide it's too much hassle in real life. There's no council of elders judging you for how often you wear or what products you use - rather it's affirming to do what makes you feel good and evolve with your ever-changing needs and wants. Living your life afraid to do what makes you happy isn't nearly as fun!

Back to pullups, most of us that use diapers as a toilet replacement have found that pullups are simply not as good as a diaper, so we don't wear them. Some people enjoy pullups for various reasons, but this puppy has several problems with them:
  1. You have to remove your pants to put on a new one.
  2. Due to weak elastics, they sag easily leading to leaks, needing to be constantly pulled up especially if not wearing pants.
  3. Absorbancy is much less than our premium diapers so needs changed more often
  4. Padding and lack of plastic shell doesn't provide as much coverage, side sleeping or errect penis means massive leaks even when dry.
  5. Some of us like plastic backed not fabric.
This puppy has it's own preferences of course - as a diaper lover have never associated pullups with my desires - but some people do and that's ok!

Pull-ups may be practical for some needs, like those that want an easier option to use the toilet when desired, by design pullups can be pulled down too! Some of us (this puppy included) can't shimmy down a taped on diaper (depends on the shape of your hips / body) however can untape and retape a diaper if it's necessary and it really isn't that hard to do for this puppy.

Adult pullups were a solution in search of a problem IMHO - further playing to the stigma of an adult wearing a diaper, that by being pulled on like underwear it somehow isn't a diaper so you can feel less embarrassed wearing it. This puppy doesn't see that as a valid reason for a poor performing design. On the other paw, for children going through potty training, can see a practical reason for them allowing the child to pull them down and see a difference between underwear and diapers.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: blaincorrous
dpcare said:
I am 24x7 because I am incontinent and I do not use pull-ups as they do not provide adequate protection for my needs
Rita said:
Do to the fact I need to wear 24/7 protection !
A Four tape plastic back , with very good adsorbing diaper for me .
I’m in the same camp as you 2 , due to my job and opportunities to change tabbed nappies only
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jim100
Pampers4Ever said:
Do you consider yourself 24/7 if you wear a combination of pull-ups and tab style diapers?
PupSpaz said:
This puppy doesn't call pullups a diaper, more "absorbent disposable underwear" that don't work as well as a fitted diaper. They're both products that allow you the choice to not use the bathroom (in a responsible not having an accident way) though, so you can count yourself as 24/7 IMHO. 24/7 is somewhat subjective - if your happy with your padding then this puppy is happy for you regardless! If pullups scratch your itch and work for you, then wear them!

Many fantasize about going 24/7, some do it in spurts to challenge themselves, some try it and decide it's too much hassle in real life. There's no council of elders judging you for how often you wear or what products you use - rather it's affirming to do what makes you feel good and evolve with your ever-changing needs and wants. Living your life afraid to do what makes you happy isn't nearly as fun!
LUV said:
I would consider pull-ups a diaper. After all, it is a incontinent product.
Zeke said:
As a DL it’s my belief that anything absorbent that you wear between your derrière and your clothing, which is optional, counts you as a diaper wearer.

On questions of "does it count as 24/7 if...", I have to speak up on this little 24/7 "challenge" we have as a community. It has potential for toxicity that I'm glad hasn't really shown up all, but for the purposes of our individual and collective mental health, I'd like to say a few words.

(...it's never a few words with you...) Who said that?!?!👿

Whatever you want to call 24/7, it is what it is TO YOU. There is not (and, goddammit, there should never be) any official rules for what comprises 24/7 for non-IC community members. If you claim you are 24/7, I'm never going to call you out on it and order you into the nearest diaper, and no one else should either. You don't have to play by other people's rules or commit to something you don't personally want to do. If you're playing this fantasy with another person, you are always entitled to revoke your consent and change direction. No one is going to revoke your ABDL card if you start off going 24/7 and then moderate or stop. No one is going to decertify you. Everything you do is a choice and the label "24/7 diaper wearer" must not coerce you into choices you don't want.

If you say 24/7, that just means to me that you want to normalize diapers as your regular underwear and intend to, aspire to, or actually do wear them as normal underwear more than you do any other underwear. I'll give you VERY wide latitude in how you want to do that.

That could mean anything from a fairly wide range of behaviors. So, as to outline my wide latitude:
  • You're wearing and using diapers for all elimination functions, all day every day for the forseeable future and recent past.
  • You're using diapers or pull-ups for all your peeing but using the toilet for bowel movements.
  • You're wearing pull-ups, but you keep them clean and use the toilet.
  • You wear diapers and use them some but also use the toilet between changes.
  • You wear cloth diapers or training pants like regular underwear, but use the toilet for all elimination.
  • You normally do some of the above, but you're simply taking a break for ANY reason or NO reason. Skin health, responding to a risk to your functional continence, family obligations, travel, vacation, or work are all great reasons to take a break.
No one is going to audit your diaper wearing to make sure you're wearing 24/7. The only thing that matters when saying you're 24/7 is that you don't misrepresent yourself and what being 24/7 is to you. People will idealize their online persona in a community like this, and while I'm sure some of us actually live up to our online image, not everyone is being honest. So, keep that in mind if you want to model your behavior on something someone else SAYS they do. Some people live in a perpetual fap-fiction when they're presenting themselves online, and that's not okay if someone thinks that represents reality. In all diapering matters, you do you and let everyone else do themselves.

To answer the OP question, sure. You're wearing an absorbent product 24/7 as your regular underwear. It clearly counts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PupSpaz
1675561417642.pngI was using pull-ups during the day, for accident insurance since most days I manage ok. But I've recently switched to wearing Equate briefs during the day since they are about half the cost of a pull-up, and the protection is better (even though it is a cheapy brief). I wear a Hanes underwear brief over top of them to keep the cloth backed diaper in place.

But to the original question, pull-ups or briefs are diapers, so yes, I would count that in 24/7.
 
Got it, I see you'er point. If it's a garment made to absorb waste than it could be considered a diaper. So a tab style or pull-up style garment serves the same function. So if you are wearing one or the other around the clock than this is considered 24/7. So I would have to say, I'm in diapers full-time.
 
slimjiminy said:
View attachment 102327I was using pull-ups during the day, for accident insurance since most days I manage ok. But I've recently switched to wearing Equate briefs during the day since they are about half the cost of a pull-up, and the protection is better (even though it is a cheapy brief). I wear a Hanes underwear brief over top of them to keep the cloth backed diaper in place.

But to the original question, pull-ups or briefs are diapers, so yes, I would count that in 24/7.
I tried brand like this from Walmart one time wasn't to bad
 
Back
Top