Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
24 7 confi

• Haha
Reactions: eastcoastdl
Is a quality diaper?

They are ok at best. Given they cost nearly the same as betterdry though, and how much more betterdry performs, it's a wonder anyone even buys confidry these days.

Reactions: WABX
Slomo said:
They are ok at best. Given they cost nearly the same as betterdry though, and how much more betterdry performs, it's a wonder anyone even buys confidry these days.
Are Betterdrys thicker/bulkier than Confidrys? Confidry is getting about as bulky as I find comfortable to wear and sometime too bulky. I don’t mind changing an extra time if I find the diaper more comfortable to wear.

AAO said:
Are Betterdrys thicker/bulkier than Confidrys? Confidry is getting about as bulky as I find comfortable to wear and sometime too bulky. I don’t mind changing an extra time if I find the diaper more comfortable to wear.
They were about the same thickness before, but when confidry was cheapened up they did make it thinner. So currently betterdry is a little bit thicker to start out. However, betterdry doesn't have as high of a sap content ratio like confidry does, so it doesn't swell up quite as much. Meaning when soaked, I'd say both diapers are going to be close to the same thickeness. Maybe someone else can corfirm or refute that?

Slomo said:
They were about the same thickness before, but when confidry was cheapened up they did make it thinner. So currently betterdry is a little bit thicker to start out. However, betterdry doesn't have as high of a sap content ratio like confidry does, so it doesn't swell up quite as much. Meaning when soaked, I'd say both diapers are going to be close to the same thickeness. Maybe someone else can corfirm or refute that?

I seem to have had the opposite experience... for me, crinklz and betterdry start out fairly thin and stiff, but swell a lot when wet. Confidry 247 on the other hand are about the same thickness when dry, but are more flexible, and hardly seem to swell at all. (but they do wick very fast - although betterdry wick pretty good too considering their swell)

Reactions: rumples82
bambinod said:
I seem to have had the opposite experience... for me, crinklz and betterdry start out fairly thin and stiff, but swell a lot when wet. Confidry 247 on the other hand are about the same thickness when dry, but are more flexible, and hardly seem to swell at all. (but they do wick very fast - although betterdry wick pretty good too considering their swell)
Ok, I was going by when confidry had just been cheapened up a few years ago. Sounds like they've been revised a bunch more since then.

I actually love confi dry. I hesitantly tried them because they look rather babyish for a medical-esq diaper and they are so comfortable to wear. Admittedly i still dont like not having a landing strip on a diaper but they are quite crinkly and plasticy like early 80s pampers

bambinod said:

Agreed!

I love my Confidry 24/7. I will wear BetterDry to bed or when I am home but going out and at work I wear Dry 24/7 I my case they don't swell like BetterDry dose.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
Confidry are the same they have been for several years. They swell to about twice the thickness when wet. I use both Confidry and Betterdry. Betterdry swells more, thus they must have a higher sap ratio. A wet Betterdry is much thicker than a wet Confidry. So much so that I prefer Confidry because I can walk more normally.

Some people claim Confidry has been cheapened over the years, but I have not noticed it at all. If anything they are better because they finally got their tapes fixed. They are my favorite diaper because they have the best fit for my body type. I also prefer the high rise because I have a skinny waist and high rise diapers never get loose on me. Betterdry are ok, but they always feel less secure being attached more on the hips.

Reactions: rumples82
I'm impressed you all managed to spin this thread into something with content, considering the starting point.

• Haha
Reactions: avery
I used three cases of Comfidry and they were more diaper than I needed for my morning peeing. Great diaper. I got a sample of Better Dry and it was also great.

have used confidry for a while but yesterday they sprung a leak , thin going on and usually great absorbency, maybe I peed to much

MarcusP said:
Confidry are the same they have been for several years. They swell to about twice the thickness when wet. I use both Confidry and Betterdry. Betterdry swells more, thus they must have a higher sap ratio. A wet Betterdry is much thicker than a wet Confidry. So much so that I prefer Confidry because I can walk more normally.

Some people claim Confidry has been cheapened over the years, but I have not noticed it at all. If anything they are better because they finally got their tapes fixed. They are my favorite diaper because they have the best fit for my body type. I also prefer the high rise because I have a skinny waist and high rise diapers never get loose on me. Betterdry are ok, but they always feel less secure being attached more on the hips.
I'd guess it was about 4 years ago now. Confidry was absolutelty cheapened up. They used to be every bit as good as betterdry is now. Thicker padding, tougher plastic shell, better tapes, and one and on. That cheapening is exactly what allowed ther rise of betterdry in the first place. Thrust vector heard of our complaints, saw the new maket opening, and took advantage of it.

I have been alternating between BetterDry and ConfiDry for the last two weeks. Both diapers work well. The BetterDry seems to have a slight edge on volume that it can absorb but the plastic is a little thinner and more fragile. I wore the BetterDry for a couple of events where changing would not be an option and was not disappointed. I always wear plastic or PUL pants over my diapers to reduce the chance of an embarrassing leak. Several times, when either diaper got near its maximum capacity, the plastic pants saved the day. Neither diaper leaked, it was more of a weeping that left the plastic pants damp (and my pants dry). The fit is about the same between the diapers though the large ConfiDry is slightly larger than the BetterDry. Note: I can wear a medium ConfiDry or Abena M4 but the fit of the large is more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back