2022/Q1 Quarterly Update

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Hello everyone.

This post will cover notable changes made in 2022 between January and March, as well as a summary of our plans for the next 3 months.
Essentially, its where I look at Moo's to-do list and update you all on my plans.

Changes Made:

1. 2022 Financial Plan
In 2021 I stopped accepting gifts/donations of funds to help me pay for ADISC's operating costs.
For the rest of 2022, the current plan is that there will be no donation bar / system, and I'll just be covering the costs to run this place myself.

2. Closure of Politics Forum & Prohibiting Political Discussion
The Politics forum was closed, and the new No Politics Rule was added.
This is a major change. I did not want to do this, as I have always enjoyed political discussions.
It was necessary, though. Politics has become incredibly combative in the last few years, to the point that discussing it was becoming a distraction from our core mission of being a support community.

3. Server Changes & Maintenance
Yesterday for example, I spent about 10 hours doing maintenance and engineering work on our servers, such as moving all of our email systems off our webserver, and onto a dedicated email server.
This is an ongoing project to update and modernize our server infrastructure, but good progress is being made on it.

Upcoming Changes Planned for April - June:

1. Technical Work
This includes the next phase of the ongoing server changes project - building a new webserver, and migrating everything that currently runs on it (including this website) to the new server.
The new server will be cleaner, more up-to-date, and better designed than the old one.
If I have time, I may also build a test server as well, and use it to evaluate the feasibility of installing additional add-ons for our forum.

2. Rules & Policy Work
This includes addressing any more changes needed to the rules, "about ADISC" guides, and other documentation on the site.

3. Staffing Work
This includes making sure our staff team matches our current needs, adding/removing staff and staff roles as needed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lengu, pumpkinsweets, SweetheartPanda and 22 others
Back