2019 European Elections

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
There actually isn't anything in the Quran about woman needing to cover the faces unless in the privacy of their own home, like I said the Burqa has for one, nothing to do with the Quran or the religion of Islam.
As I've said, it's an interpretation, and you may well interpret the text differently.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
We were never promised a deal to begin with, we were promised that we'd leave the European Union, that means either with or without a deal. And it doesn't matter how much sugar you sprinkle on top, revoking Article 50 would not be Democratic at all., nor would a second referendum.
We absolutely were promised a deal, by all the prominent leave campaigners, no one from leave advocated for no deal, some on the remain campaign did but was quickly dismissed by leave as scaremongering and told everyone that it'd be the easiest deal in human history, hence why leaving without a deal undermines democracy.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
At least me and to Sarge are of the same thoughts ;)
I work as a truck driver and the industry is on it's knees because EE trucks come in with large tanks already full of diesel , only paying their countries tax and then when they've tipped they're doing internal UK loads (which they shouldn't be doing ) they should be loading for continental Europe and heading back :mad:
There's F all we can do because of the EEC common trade and laws
I think this is just another form of 'they took my job', and I understand why that might have driven you to vote for leave, but overall I still believe that putting up barriers to trade will just make things worse for everyone.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Little
As I've said, it's an interpretation, and you may well interpret the text differently.
No it is not an interpretation as there is nothing in the Quran that makes the Burqa a mandatory form of wear for women.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
We absolutely were promised a deal, by all the prominent leave campaigners, no one from leave advocated for no deal, some on the remain campaign did but was quickly dismissed by leave as scaremongering and told everyone that it'd be the easiest deal in human history, hence why leaving without a deal undermines democracy.
We were never actually promised with a deal, all that was said was that they would on getting a deal, that it would be preferable, there was nothing that stated that we must have a deal or we stay, as a No Deal, or leaving on WTO terms, would and should always be an option. You never go into a negotiation if you do not plan on going without a deal if what is offered is not satisfactory.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I think this is just another form of 'they took my job', and I understand why that might have driven you to vote for leave, but overall I still believe that putting up barriers to trade will just make things worse for everyone.
Putting up barriers for trade will not make it worse for everyone, and what he says is correct, same with the fishing industry in most respects.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic...
No it’s not TOOK MY JOB ! Cabotage is a EU if not world wide agreement where non resident hauliers have to apply for a licence to do internal loads in an other country

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Putting up barriers for trade will not make it worse for everyone, and what he says is correct, same with the fishing industry in most respects.
I'm not saying that it'd be worse for everyone, but I do believe that it'd be worse overall.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
We were never actually promised with a deal, all that was said was that they would on getting a deal, that it would be preferable, there was nothing that stated that we must have a deal or we stay, as a No Deal, or leaving on WTO terms, would and should always be an option. You never go into a negotiation if you do not plan on going without a deal if what is offered is not satisfactory.
That's all well and good, but single market a la norway and sweden were ruled out from the get go, and are still not being considered now, which is an affront to democracy.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
No it is not an interpretation as there is nothing in the Quran that makes the Burqa a mandatory form of wear for women.
An interpretation doesn't mean there are specific reference, if there is then it wouldn't be an interpretation.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm not saying that it'd be worse for everyone, but I do believe that it'd be worse overall.
I do not, but then I have faith in my country, and British Entreupenurship will get us back on out feet, I mean sure, the short term it maybe worse, however we do have an extremely bright future as a country.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
That's all well and good, but single market a la norway and sweden were ruled out from the get go, and are still not being considered now, which is an affront to democracy.
It is not an affront to Democracy because we were never promised we would be in the single market after Brexit, being in the Single Market would mean we would not be able to strike out and make trade deals of our own, making it a rather inflexible option.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
An interpretation doesn't mean there are specific reference, if there is then it wouldn't be an interpretation.
If there isn't a specific reference then it cannot be an interpretation. An interpretation is how someone views a specific set of texts, and that interpretation will not be the same for everyone.

Last edited:

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
It is not an affront to Democracy because we were never promised we would be in the single market after Brexit, being in the Single Market would mean we would not be able to strike out and make trade deals of our own, making it a rather inflexible option.
This is where we disagree, when everyone campaigning for leave told me that's what will happen, I consider that a promise.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
If there isn't a specific reference then it cannot be an interpretation. An interpretation is how someone views a specific set of texts, and that interpretation will not be the same for everyone.
I feel you're comment is contradictory, if it's a 'specific' reference i.e. you must do this, you mustn't do that etc then it's not up for interpretation, where text could be up for interpretation is if there are indicative references but aren't specific on compliance, or the text needs to be considered with context.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
This is where we disagree, when everyone campaigning for leave told me that's what will happen, I consider that a promise.
Really? I remember quite a few from Leave, which is far from Everyone, campaigning to Leave the EU, either with or without a deal, with no promise of leaving with a deal, just a promise of leaving.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I feel you're comment is contradictory, if it's a 'specific' reference i.e. you must do this, you mustn't do that etc then it's not up for interpretation, where text could be up for interpretation is if there are indicative references but aren't specific on compliance, or the text needs to be considered with context.
Buy yourself a copy of the Quran then, you'll find, apart from the 27 or so references to Jihad, that there is nothing in there to do with the Burqa, the Niqab or any other facial covering being required.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Buy yourself a copy of the Quran then, you'll find, apart from the 27 or so references to Jihad, that there is nothing in there to do with the Burqa, the Niqab or any other facial covering being required.
I'm not interested in owning a copy of the Quran, happy enough to just search for relevant passages on the interest.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Really? I remember quite a few from Leave, which is far from Everyone, campaigning to Leave the EU, either with or without a deal, with no promise of leaving with a deal, just a promise of leaving.
Can you point me to any sources before the referendum where the leave campaign specifically said they didn't care for a deal? As far as I know the only people advocating for no deals or WTO were remain campaigners who were quickly branded as fear mongers.

In any case, it doesn't negate the fact that the most widely shared messages from leave was that we'd have a deal. If you're saying there were people who said they'd leave the EU, and when pressed on how responded 'I don't know', that's still not a mandate for no deal.

Last edited:

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm not interested in owning a copy of the Quran, happy enough to just search for relevant passages on the interest.

Think you'll find there is nothing in the Quran about covering up in actual fact.

Last edited: