2019 European Elections

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
You think I actually support Boris Johnson? Laughable as it may seem, but I'm more for backing Sajid Javid than BoJo. As for Corbyn not coming out right away, no he doesn't come out at all, I mean let us be honest here, when was the last time he actually, full heartedly, condemned a terrorist act? And look at his history also, he has been in full support of the IRA from the start of the troubles in Ireland, he considers folks from Hamas and Hezbollah as friends, he has even been seen at the memorial service alongside the first female Plane Hijacker, you really think that he would condemn a terrorist act? No he wouldn't. And although there are industries that do need renationalising, it would actually cost us a lot of money in order to do so.

And none of my views are in conflict thanks.
Corbyn condemns IRA: https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/22/jeremy-corbyn-has-finally-called-the-ira-terrorists-6653633/

Jeremy Corbyn regret calling Hamas and Hezbollah friends https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/04/jeremy-corbyn-says-he-regrets-calling-hamas-and-hezbollah-friends

Couldn't find much more information on Corbyn sharing a stage with the female plane hijacker other than his sympathies for Palestinian people, but overall, I agree that it's food for thought, though at least he hides he intention much less than others, and to me, showing sypathies is not the same as agreeing.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Little
Corbyn condemns IRA: https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/22/jeremy-corbyn-has-finally-called-the-ira-terrorists-6653633/

Jeremy Corbyn regret calling Hamas and Hezbollah friends https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/04/jeremy-corbyn-says-he-regrets-calling-hamas-and-hezbollah-friends

Couldn't find much more information on Corbyn sharing a stage with the female plane hijacker other than his sympathies for Palestinian people, but overall, I agree that it's food for thought, though at least he hides he intention much less than others, and to me, showing sypathies is not the same as agreeing.
Yes but did he do it wholeheartedly? Or was it because he was pressured, over many years to do it? Despite supporting the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah?

The problem is he was hanging out with groups that, yes were Palestinian, but they were not out there because of Palestine, but because of their hate for Israeli jews, not that it helps Israel when a lot of their motivations are also religious based.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Actually it was never interpreted from religious text, perhaps it is better for you to do some actual study on the origins of the burqa, its full history etc. So no it wasn't derived from religious custom either. And yes this ban would end up targeting one specific group, there would be no need for a blanket ban, as said above if you wear clothing that does obscure your identity you can be asked to remove it, such as hoodies, balaclavas, motorcycle helmets etc.

Same can be said about me and abortion, I disagree with it, I find it abhorrent, but you won't find me protesting against it on the streets.
If a law exists for obscuring the face, why does there need to be another one specifically banning the burqa? I just had a look at the wikipedia page for the burqa, it outlines the text from the Qu'ran that has been interpreted as the modesty of the burqa, as I said, it's similar to other interpretations, to people who aren't religious it might seem ridiculous, but to belivers it makes perfect sense.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Yes but did he do it wholeheartedly? Or was it because he was pressured, over many years to do it? Despite supporting the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah?

The problem is he was hanging out with groups that, yes were Palestinian, but they were not out there because of Palestine, but because of their hate for Israeli jews, not that it helps Israel when a lot of their motivations are also religious based.
I don't think anyone cared enough to ask him to explain himself until he became party leader, having said that, should he have know better even back then? Yes. Do I think he must least lease have some sympathy? Also yes.

In balance though, as you're in support of the Tories, I'm much more comfortable with labour (or better yet, the lib dems).

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
If a law exists for obscuring the face, why does there need to be another one specifically banning the burqa? I just had a look at the wikipedia page for the burqa, it outlines the text from the Qu'ran that has been interpreted as the modesty of the burqa, as I said, it's similar to other interpretations, to people who aren't religious it might seem ridiculous, but to belivers it makes perfect sense.
You do know that Wikipedia is not really a source right? It can be edited and written by anyone across the internet, in fact I have studied the Quran as well and there is nothing in that book that says the Burqa, or even the Niqab, is mandatory or essential wear for Muslim woman.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't think anyone cared enough to ask him to explain himself until he became party leader, having said that, should he have know better even back then? Yes. Do I think he must least lease have some sympathy? Also yes.

In balance though, as you're in support of the Tories, I'm much more comfortable with labour (or better yet, the lib dems).
I'm in support of anyone who is willing to achieve the results of a democratic referendum on the 23rd June 2016.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I'm in support of anyone who is willing to achieve the results of a democratic referendum on the 23rd June 2016.
I'm not against it as such, if they had gone with what was promised i.e. single market, or norway, or sweden, I'd be much, much less concerned with trying my best to have a referendum to preserve democracy.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
You do know that Wikipedia is not really a source right? It can be edited and written by anyone across the internet, in fact I have studied the Quran as well and there is nothing in that book that says the Burqa, or even the Niqab, is mandatory or essential wear for Muslim woman.
That's why it's an interpretation, it's a phrase that says you should behave in a certain way, and then people go 'to do that, we must do this', that's what interpretation means.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm not against it as such, if they had gone with what was promised i.e. single market, or norway, or sweden, I'd be much, much less concerned with trying my best to have a referendum to preserve democracy.
We were not really promised any sort of deal, just so long as we left the European Union, that means the Single Market, Customs Union and European Courts.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
That's why it's an interpretation, it's a phrase that says you should behave in a certain way, and then people go 'to do that, we must do this', that's what interpretation means.
There are actually no phrases, therefore not an interpretation, same really with the Sharia law which, ironically enough goes against the Quran.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
We were not really promised any sort of deal, just so long as we left the European Union, that means the Single Market, Customs Union and European Courts.
All prominent leave campaigners promised all sorts of deals, including single market membership, including Boris Johnson.

Saying we might leave without a deal now is as much ignore the outcome of the vote, if not more so, than calling for a confirmatory vote on how people actually want to leave, or if at all.

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
There are actually no phrases, therefore not an interpretation, same really with the Sharia law which, ironically enough goes against the Quran.
It's a religious book being interpreted by religious people, all it needs is, cover you face, cover your head, and be modest, for it to be taken to extreme.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying the burqa is practical, nor am I saying that it's ok for people to be forced to wear it. I'm just saying that as a type of garment on its own, banning it specifically is unethical, and as I've said before, if the are laws that exist in covering your face, let those be enforced.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
All prominent leave campaigners promised all sorts of deals, including single market membership, including Boris Johnson.

Saying we might leave without a deal now is as much ignore the outcome of the vote, if not more so, than calling for a confirmatory vote on how people actually want to leave, or if at all.
when you voted Leave , Did you not realize it's was leave what ever !!!! That's why I voted leave ;)
If you didn't like the fact we could leave with no deal you shouldn't of voted leave !!!
In my eyes LEAVE MEANS TOTALY OUT FULL STOP !

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
when you voted Leave , Did you not realize it's was leave what ever !!!! That's why I voted leave ;)
If you didn't like the fact we could leave with no deal you shouldn't of voted leave !!!
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic...

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role

A confirmatory referendum would not however be democratic, and we should not take no deal off the table, when working on trying to get a deal, removing the ability to walk away from a bad deal, would be the worst thing one can do.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
It's a religious book being interpreted by religious people, all it needs is, cover you face, cover your head, and be modest, for it to be taken to extreme.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying the burqa is practical, nor am I saying that it's ok for people to be forced to wear it. I'm just saying that as a type of garment on its own, banning it specifically is unethical, and as I've said before, if the are laws that exist in covering your face, let those be enforced.
There actually isn't anything in the Quran about woman needing to cover the faces unless in the privacy of their own home, like I said the Burqa has for one, nothing to do with the Quran or the religion of Islam.

Last edited:

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
Same here, Leave for me means Leaving the European Union in its entirety (that means leaving the Customs Union, Single Market and the European Courts), not Leaving with one foot in the door.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
We were promised that a "no deal" situation would never happen, and we'd be able to get a good deal. Even arch-Brexiteers were campaigning to leave on that basis.

So there's no way that leaving without a deal would be enacting the result of the referendum. If we can't agree on a deal, the only democratic thing to do would be to revoke Article 50 or have a second referendum.

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
We were promised that a "no deal" situation would never happen, and we'd be able to get a good deal. Even arch-Brexiteers were campaigning to leave on that basis.

So there's no way that leaving without a deal would be enacting the result of the referendum. If we can't agree on a deal, the only democratic thing to do would be to revoke Article 50 or have a second referendum.
We were never promised a deal to begin with, we were promised that we'd leave the European Union, that means either with or without a deal. And it doesn't matter how much sugar you sprinkle on top, revoking Article 50 would not be Democratic at all., nor would a second referendum.

Last edited:

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
We were never promised a deal to begin with, we were promised that we'd leave the European Union, that means either with or without a deal. And it doesn't matter how much sugar you sprinkle on top, revoking Article 50 would not be Democratic at all., nor would a second referendum.
At least me and to Sarge are of the same thoughts ;)
I work as a truck driver and the industry is on it's knees because EE trucks come in with large tanks already full of diesel , only paying their countries tax and then when they've tipped they're doing internal UK loads (which they shouldn't be doing ) they should be loading for continental Europe and heading back :mad:
There's F all we can do because of the EEC common trade and laws