1980s and 1990s plastic disposables YouTube video

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
This is not mine and isn’t me, but it’s a fantastic video that shows just what nappies of this era were like.

No kids, nudity, crotch shots or wearing in this- just the maker of the video showing what they look like.

Highly recommended.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They are quite large. I wish.

In 1999 I was 14 and wearing Tena Slip nappies.

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have some of those exact Pampers(0:49) and Huggies(2:18) versions that she is showing at the very beginning. The microphone doesn't do the amount of crinkle justice. The blue waistband on those pampers is acutually water-resistant and was advertised as a leak guard.

The are amazingly loud---almost like the rustle from a plastic trashbag. The Pampers are buttery smooth but the huggies have a slightly rougher texture.

Last edited:

LittleScotty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Great find @PCS
It's crazy how thin some of those were! I absolutely love the 1999 Pampers Baby Dry. When I was in my teens I bought a large pack of these and hid them in my wardrobe.

Last edited:

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's crazy how thin some of those were!
Your right, I remember liking the luvs size 6 better since they were a little thicker then the pampers baby dry back in 99, I was lucky cause I use to buy both, the only diaper brand I didnt like back then was Huggies, the cloth like cover was such a turn off, made me feel slimy and the diapers had a lower rise to them to, so by mid 99 I could no longer really fit in them, while luvs and pampers still fit pretty well, by the end of 99 it was all over for me though, had a large growth spurt and while I was still skinny, I was to tall and my hips got slightly to wide for me to tape the diaper on properly, sad end, but I did get 4 some odd years of wearing baby diapers as a DL, so in retrospect, not a bad run.