Diapers covered by medicaid

Robert1

Est. Contributor
Anyone no what diapers are covered by medicaid? I was told its just the cheap brands

It's typically what the supplier can get approved. It's almost always the First Quality/Prevail/PerFit or similar "institutional" brand. Sometimes you'll get a Tranquility thrown in there. You need to contact various stores that will take a medicaid assignment in your area and ask them.

Medicaid is still a state thing, so it varies.

Seconded. It does vary but is usually just the cheaper ineffective brands. Tranquillity ATN is often the best they will have, and interestingly is the bottom of the barrel for diapers that will actually work for a couple of hours. Don't be folled by the name though, they are no good for overnight use. You "might" be able to dig for something slightly better though, but will need to call around.

I get Tranquility Slim Line, but they won't spring for the ATN's, even though they'll pay for all the liners I can order!! Hell, I could heat my house with the number of liners they're willing to pay for if I burned 'em in my woodstove, but not ATN's!!

I don't know 😕 governement wisdom.

The reimbursement of diaper in France I think it is worse than all already the conditions for having it are complicated, but in addition it pays almost nothing.

Back