Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder change?

shady1up

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Has anybody else noticed since J&J changed packaging of baby powder the scent has changed to a very cheap and chemically smell?

just tested old vs new.. they smelled exactly the same,

Funny you ask. I have felt that over the past year or so it has lost its bite but the new package with the pink label is a bit stronger like it used to be. Personally I love it.

Perhaps you got a bad batch? I have a small travel bottle of it and don't have any issues with chemical odor.

Are J&J's unhealthy for the ladies?

GDNTSKID said:
J&J recently had to settle in court due to claims that the talcum they used in their powder (asbestos)is linked to ovarian cancer.
Good to know, thank you

psychonautalis said:
Are J&J's unhealthy for the ladies?
Talc baby powder has been linked to ovarian cancer, so using it on yourself is not recommended.

It's great to have around for the scent or to get sand off of you at the beach though

Johnson & Johnson also has cornstarch varieties that don't contain talc. I prefer the yellow label medicated vitamin e and zinc. It's the smell that does it for me.

Reactions: psychonautalis
They may have changed formulas with the recent claims of ovarian cancer, but i too love the corn starch varieties and they smell awesome.

I havent noticed any change...I myself am not worried about getting ovarian cancer, but asbestos in any place isnt good...so i usually do get the corn starch variety, but sent an assistant to get some and distilled water for the cpap and the local store didnt have the cornstarch, or so i was told...

I live in the sticks... :)

Although i do really like the lavender corn starch one the best!

I read some of the articles on the lawsuits and it appears that J&J lost several lawsuits over their talc. Natural asbestos is found with talc in the ground so it does pop up in there from time to time.

There is no recognised safe level of asbestos for anyone so I decided to stick with the cornstarch. I had also found that I didn't care for the scent of the talc as much as the cornstarch powders.

I usually get the medicated or aloe & vitimin e powders depending on what is available. Both smell good to me.

Reactions: psychonautalis
Which variety of J&J powder still has talc? All of the ones I find in my area seem to be cornstarch based.

Maybe I did get a bad batch, I just tried the new lavender and compared it with my old lavender and chamomile and there defently is a huge difference. Way too strong and fake smelling. Sad face!!!

Now with 25% less asbestos fibers!

I only use talc baby powder. Not sure why, but I hate the feel of cornstarch powder. I trust the research supporting that CLEAN talc does not cause cancer. Check out factsabouttalc.com - pretty convincing right?

But who owns the site? J&J?

PaddedDeist said:
But who owns the site? J&J?

Very true. Those who are wise will do their digging rather than lean on those marketing to you. Never the less, I do not feel that the facts on their website are deceptive or I would't have cited it.

It is a fact that there is no evidence supporting that pure talc plays any role in causing cancer.
Now asbestos is a different matter. It's not uncommon to find asbestos in mined talc, so it all comes down to trusting that J&J does not have any asbestos in their talc.

The problem isn't "pure" talc. The problem is asbestos-contaminated talc and whether such a thing as "pure" talc existed in the J&J products.

Reactions: paddedcowboy
Back