Awkward start to my trip

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve been planning this trip for a while to go down and visit my mother down in Christchurch. My flight was at 10am this morning and I (after deep consideration) decided to bring my diapers with me as we were staying in a hotel.

I diapered up and got on the flight which was about 1 and a 1/2 hours. We had just sat down and I was in the isle seat, my partner in the middle seat and no one in the window seat yet. There was a mother and child who looked about 10 in the seats opposite us on the other side of the plane. I dropped my phone and bent down to pick it up off the floor. I heard a gasp from the seats with the mum and kid. The gasp was from the from the kid who then whispered to his mum, “Mum, that man has a nappy on) and the mum replied with “Shhh, don’t be so rude.” My diaper was obviously visible so I sat back up quickly with my phone.

I was super embarrassed. But I will probably never see them again.

Reactions: Jr2012
I've done that trip few time padded too, always been bit nervous of sometime similar happening to me

Had a bus trip to Hamilton a few years back, I had a bag packed the night before as I was planning on going diapered, and was wearing that night. Slept in, put on a shirt and jersey shoes and socks grabbed my bag and ran off. It was until I actually got to Hamilton before I realized I was still wearing my one piece pajamas that did nothing to hide my diapered state... especially as my legs were covered so I didn't actually think to put pants on.

Pika123 said:
I diapered up and got on the flight which was about 1 and a 1/2 hours. We had just sat down and I was in the isle seat, my partner in the middle seat and no one in the window seat yet. There was a mother and child who looked about 10 in the seats opposite us on the other side of the plane. I dropped my phone and bent down to pick it up off the floor. I heard a gasp from the seats with the mum and kid. The gasp was from the from the kid who then whispered to his mum, “Mum, that man has a nappy on) and the mum replied with “Shhh, don’t be so rude.” My diaper was obviously visible so I sat back up quickly with my phone.

Dang!

That certainly does sound embarrassing :oops:

Fortunately, it is as you said, you are never going to bump into those people again. Furthermore, the mother's reaction is pretty much how I would guess most people would react if they spotted someones diaper in public. I believe, she assumed you had a legitimate reason for wearing them and as such, she reprimanded her kid by telling them not to be rude.

Yeah, at the end of the day, I've never been caught, but I have worn out in the past and I'm sure if anyone took notice, they wouldn't bat an eye. Most people out there don't care what you have on underneath your clothes ;)

Last edited:
I was on an international flight, England to the US. We were seated near the bathroom. I feel asleep for at least an hour, what I came to I realized my blanket was on the floor and my shirt had rode up exposing a full 2 inches of my diaper wasteband!! Thankfully it was a dry247, and not a crinklz!!

Pika123 said:
I’ve been planning this trip for a while to go down and visit my mother down in Christchurch. My flight was at 10am this morning and I (after deep consideration) decided to bring my diapers with me as we were staying in a hotel.

I could see that being embarrassing! But chances are they've already forgotten about it :LOL:

If you’re not used to people seeing you in diapers it can be embarrassing. I’ve had to wear padding for 11 years to manage my worsening bladder control, and the diapers continue to get thicker, making them harder to hide. These days it doesn’t bother me if people see my diaper - it’s only underwear and I’d rather be seen in a diaper than with wet pants.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Sounds embarassing, I know how you feel. Similar happened to me a little while back. I was at the store with my wife, I bend down to get somthing off a shelve and as I did my diaper was totally exposed at the back (abu cushies). There was a young mom nearby with her son, she saw me and my diaper so did my wife. Due to the design there was no way of it being though of as for medical use.

The lady walk past my wife and said looks like your in the right aisle. I was in the baby aisle bending to get some wipes.

My wife smile and said babies as such a hand full.

I didnt know where to look.

Back