Buying stuff from eBay

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys does anyone buy things from eBay? I look forward to hearing from everyone soon thanks Gabe.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Well i did before and had a good deal on a very powerful hp computer and also bought 2 nvidia tesla c2075 because the other one didnt work properly its nice but be careful! Because some people sell shit

Preciouslitlboy said:
Well i did before and had a good deal on a very powerful hp computer and also bought 2 nvidia tesla c2075 because the other one didnt work properly its nice but be careful! Because some people sell shit

Thanls for your help.

Reactions: Preciouslitlboy
Youre welcome

I buy things from eBay quite often, I have a few "horror stories" ; but that's out of a couple thousand transactions (mostly as a seller but also as a buyer quite often) ; but for the most part it is safe, but sometimes you just gotta be careful.

BabyTyrant said:
I buy things from eBay quite often, I have a few "horror stories" ; but that's out of a couple thousand transactions (mostly as a seller but also as a buyer quite often) ; but for the most part it is safe, but sometimes you just gotta be careful.

what kind of stuff do you buy from ebay if you don't me asking? also I have been screwed over by ebay before because the seller did not want to take back an item that i bought but did not need after all. but i want to try again after that experience I never went back are there any sellers that you recommend? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

GabeG23 said:
what kind of stuff do you buy from ebay if you don't me asking? also I have been screwed over by ebay before because the seller did not want to take back an item that i bought but did not need after all. but i want to try again after that experience I never went back are there any sellers that you recommend? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

For me as a buyer I am usually buying video games or Dragon Ball Super trading cards, I have also bought watches and a couple TVs off of eBay before as well.

I think a lot of risk comes from who you are buying from, if it isn't a well established seller you are taking a much bigger risk than if you are buying from a seller with hundreds if not Thousands of positive feedback.

The 2 times I can recall having a bad experience as a buyer both sellers were fairly new, 1 was for a PS4 Pro listed as used for what seemed like a fair deal.

Well everything seemed fine until I got home and realized I had recieved a $5 Magazine with the tracking number the seller listed on eBay as the PS4 Pro (which retails at $400) and even though he had ended up ripping off several people very obviously and I provided a picture showing there was no way it was a mistake; the seller intended to rip off a few buyers and run with the money; but still they made me wait 11 days to get my money back.

Another time we went back and forth trying to be reasonable with this woman that sold us an iPhone that was meant to be used in China and could not be used in the United States.

She wasnt willingly providing a refund, so we got eBay involved and after some back and forth and waiting a few days we had recieved a refund and didn't need to send back the phone, so it ended up being a happy ending as we got a refund and credit from the Apple store towards a new iPhone.

So yeah even though I would like to give new sellers a chance, I dont feel it is worth it anymore unless it is a really cheap item, like maybe a new seller I would trust with a $30 transaction, but much more and I'm not buying unless it's a well established seller.

I hate having this stance because everyone is a newbie at some point, but I'm not risking my money to wait almost 2 weeks for a refund in a clear case of a fraudulent sale.

But I love eBay for the often cheaper prices you can get combined with 8 or 10% eBay bucks (which they do quite often) or sometimes 15% off anything on eBay.

As for selling, I try to avoid selling on eBay at all costs because some people are out to basically steal from you from the GetGo (they have a number of "tricks" they try and I hate to get scammed so best to avoid selling on eBay if I can just because some people act like real buyers and then make bogus claims for refunds)

My wife was great at buying and bidding on Ebay. She bought me a couple of custom made onsies.

Thanks guys for the help.

I buy lots of stuff on eBay, from comics to collectibles and even my AB stuff :D

As long as you are taking the time read about the condition of what you are buying and as long as the buyer seems reputable i.e. has mostly positive reviews, posts photos of what is being sold/auctioned, you shouldn't have any problems.

I also find that eBay sellers ship really fast. I live in Canada and I have ordered stuff from both the US and the UK and I often receive my packages within 1-2 weeks tops.

So yeah, eBay is great for finding specific items, getting them at a reasonable price and getting them shipped in an expedient manner :)

GabeG23 said:
Hey poofybutt, so lets say i buy adult diapers from ebay for my accidents from time to time would you say its safe like lets say i wanted to buy a pack of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Abena-Abri-Form-Briefs-X-Plus-Large-L4-Pack-of-12/192260070475

and it says new do you think it's safe? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

I don't see why it wouldn't be safe.

You can see the feedback left on the diapers that were purchased before from that seller by clicking see feedback at the top of the page.

Taking a look, I couldn't find if it specified whether shipping was discrete or not. Might want to message the seller and ask if they ship discretely.

But yeah, seems legit. I don't usually buy diapers on eBay, I usually by my AB outfits on there, but I do know lots of ABs, DLs and even Incontinent folks have purchased diapers on eBay :)

ok Thanks for your help, where do you purchase your diapers usually?

GabeG23 said:
ok Thanks for your help, where do you purchase your diapers usually?

I purchase from ABU Canada (AB Universe). I love their single-tape diapies, they're super comfy and they make me feel really little :giggle:

As the stock situation at ABU has been iffy lately, I have also ordered from DayNite Care, an AB diaper supplier in Quebec :)

Cool, Thanks gagin for your help.

I could never reccomend ABUniverse enough, great products (ranging from cheaper (though less absorbent) ABDL diapers to more expensive (much more absorbent) ones, variety of print and fit, great company, great service.

I have always got my in stock orders from their nearest warehouse to me (in Baltimore, I'm on New York State) in 3 days.

BabyTyrant said:
I could never reccomend ABUniverse enough, great products, great company, great service.

I have always got my in stock orders from their nearest warehouse to me (in Baltimore, I'm on New York State) in 3 days.
does abuniverse ship to chicago as well?

GabeG23 said:
does abuniverse ship to chicago as well?

Absolutely they do as they have a couple warehouses (1 east coast 1 west coast) in the US, though which warehouse has what you want will effect shipping time (if it's the Baltimore warehouse it might only take a few days)

BabyTyrant said:
Absolutely they do as they have a couple warehouses (1 east coast 1 west coast) in the US, though which warehouse has what you want will effect shipping time (if it's the Baltimore warehouse it might only take a few days)
cool thanks.

I've bought loads of stuff on eBay. Vintage diapees, especially. (Generally cloth ones, though. The vintage disposables...phew! I'm not a billionaire, ya know.)

But I tend to be pretty cautious about buying things like computers on eBay, as I've had a few bad experiences. Only once in my hundreds of eBay transactions have I run into a genuinely dishonest seller. On the other hand, I've run into quite a few people who just can't pack stuff. After several times going through the painful process of returning a broken item and dealing with insurance, I decided that any large technology items I buy have to be professionally packed. That it. I'm not going to buy a computer off some random schmoe who isn't regularly packing and shipping that kind of item. It won't go well.

Last edited:
Back