So... Can't seem to find, in the Midwest USA

MixerOp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's sometimes encouraging to see people find great thrift store deals. But I can't find any. Anyone live in the Midwest USA and ever seen good thrift store deals?

I'm in Seattle and I've not found any fun diapers despite our larger than usual ABDL population. I think those things are very hit and miss under the best conditions. I still like to look now and again.

Attends poly is about the best I’ve seen lately.

Not really. Most of what I find is Prevail Pull-Ups, Depends, or small Tranquility ATN. I've seen a few Attends, but they're the somewhat newer ones, where they're super thin and sag like crazy after one good wetting. Two packs of them were my first diapers, and by the time I reached the end of the stash, I was doubling up on them just to get rid of them. An ABDL diaper makes newer Attends feel like boxer shorts.

I've never found anything great (diaper wise) at a thrift store either

The best I've seen was several packs of Tranquility ATN's at a goodwill

That is the nature of thrift stores, you can't depend on them for good deals. You can't even go there and expect to find what you want. I once found a few packages of diapers my size in a thrift store north of Waterloo, IA; but I have never come across such a find since, and I love thrift stores in general.

You will find success only by going to aging, independent pharmacies and grocery stores. Thrift stores will only offer low hanging fruit, and the age of plastic backed is over.

Im from midwest and I can say that I don't usually find diapers, but sometimes theres onesies and things more like that?

GuybrushT said:
You will find success only by going to aging, independent pharmacies and grocery stores. Thrift stores will only offer low hanging fruit, and the age of plastic backed is over.

Folks hit the thrift store lotto now and again, and that's what makes it enticing to me. I find plastic backed diapers at the thrift stores I check with some frequency but they are thin and probably less impressive than Depends. Still, the price might tempt me if I was that tight for cash.

GuybrushT said:
That’s not always the case, when I moved cross country, I couldn’t take all of my stash with me. I donated around 12 packs of vintage Molicare Super Plus to my local thrift store. It sucked to let them go but I had enough diapers to fill a mini storage unit & I just ran out of space.

Back