Using cloth and disposable at the same time

babyelena

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I’m waiting on my first cloth dip to come in the mail. I love disposable; love the sound, and just the general feel of them. I know I’ll still prefer disposable. I love the thickness. I’m going to try disposable then cloth over top as a diaper cover of some sorts that’ll add cuteness and thickness. Does anyone else do this? I’ve also doubled disposables for added thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my overnight diaper routine, I usually just use a diaper booster pad to increase the absorption and thickness of my disposable diapers. Over the diaper, I use a babykins diaper cover with terry lining. Then I secure it all in place with an adult onesie. It seems to be a really good combo that never leaks and is extremely comfortable to sleep in.

I used a North Shore booster in a cloth diaper last night and it did a nice job and felt good too.

Better Dry disposable, leak master cloth pull-up, plastic pants, dignity washable cloth pants so the plastic doesn't stick to your legs. No leaks.

I used to sleep in a Goodnite covered by a cloth diaper. That way there was little to no smell in the morning, something my wife preferred. Now it doesn't matter.

I wear cloth diapers every night. On weeknights I only get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep (because of my work schedule) and a cloth diaper will hold through the night However, on the weekends where I get 8+ hours of sleep I always put a disposable pull up diaper under my cloth diaper to make through the night without leaks. I also use a disposable to keep the cloth diaper clean when messing.

Never tried this myself... But just ordered some reusable boosters gonna fill a disposable with as many as i can looking forward to the nice soft fleecy feel...

beckijed said:
Never tried this myself... But just ordered some reusable boosters gonna fill a disposable with as many as i can looking forward to the nice soft fleecy feel...
I guess if it's the feeling you're going for but a reusable inside a disposable seems to defeat the purpose of the disposable.

I love cloth diapers, for that matter I love all kinds of diapers. Because of many discretion issues I am not able to launder cloth diapers very often, so I wear a disposable, often a pull-up with a very thick cloth diaper over the disposable, sometimes plastic pants over everything. Right now I have an Abena L4 with lots of Baby Powder and a Rearz very thick and bulky night time cloth diaper, it is the best feeling in the world. Often I have an Auntie put this on nice and very snug!

My overnite routine is usually a Dotty or a Better Dry/Crinklz covered by a thick cloth contour diaper and plastic pants. I am a side sleeper and the cloth helps contain leaks. In my situation, a disposable alone usually results in a wet bed. Once in a while, I get the urge for an extra thick diaper and will include a cloth booster or two between the disposable and the cloth diaper. This results in a noticeable, un-hide-able bulge under pants in the morning!

Back