Sandra PVC Pants worn with a pad only

jamesattends

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone

I’d like to see if there are any more ‘likers’ of these pants! Hope people can say whether they have wear them, or still do? What I’d like to know is if anyone wears them with just a pad inside the pouch, NOT the pants over a diaper/nappy, or your normal underwear. I wear them with the pad inside the pocket, so the rest of the plastic is on my skin. I find them perfectly comfortable, even though some people would think plastic on skin is maybe too sweaty. Let me know your thoughts or memories of them!
d62373bdf33ac153ce1ee1603d187e04.jpg

I know the Sandra / Henleys plastic pants have been around since at least 1960 in the UK, so there must be loads of wearers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Angelapinks, Furrytum and vp39
I tried wearing such pants with a pad but found them uncomfortable on their own.

Being fully urinary incontinent, a small pad like that would not be enough for me. If it works and feels right for you, then by all means continue though.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Thanks for your replies. I have very mild urine loss, so the pad is fine. Surprisingly, they’re not very sweaty. You do get used to them more and more. The vinyl is very soft so isn’t a horrible feel on the skin, and isn’t the type that is ‘sticky’ either. (A bit like Suprima).

I don't think I could tolerate these pants with nothing underneath - whenever I wear a plastic or rubber pant with just a cloth pant underneath, the cloth is damp to the touch and when I wear the bloomers you can get from Drylife, they also get quite sweaty. But then, I prefer plastic backed nappies such as Tena Active or BetterDry and some people find those too sweaty, so different people can tolerate different things. BTW, where do you get these?

It's kind of like wearing a diaper in the heat of summer. Your body gets used to it, and eventually you don't sweat at all.

Hi Humanfly. I know what you mean. I buy them on eBay - type in ‘Henleys PVC Pants’ and you’ll find the actual maker as the seller. Well, he’s connected to the Henley family. I purchase them in batches of half a dozen. I like them to be slim fitting, and they measure by hip size. I get the 34’

When I first wore them with just the pad - you place a slim pad between the plastic strips inside the base of the pants, they were a bit sweaty. I now wear them every day including nighttime and they barely feel sweaty at all. The plastic doesn’t feel horrible on my skin either, I suppose my skin has got used to the PVC material through wearing them every day. And yes, they’re 100% PVC.
There is a slight amount of humidity if you wear them all day, when I get home from work, you notice it through the transparent material a little. It’s not an issue though.

I really am pleased with them though.

Reactions: mannlader and Angelapinks

Attachments

• 19360856-14F7-498C-B1B2-658E10D1D7AD.png
    19360856-14F7-498C-B1B2-658E10D1D7AD.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 63
  • BE9C9CBF-6D07-4FC6-9237-848467ECF078.png
    BE9C9CBF-6D07-4FC6-9237-848467ECF078.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 82DCD50C-60FC-4C36-A7BB-7C75F87D70B7.png
    82DCD50C-60FC-4C36-A7BB-7C75F87D70B7.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 66
I remember all the illustrated pants in your link.

While the smaller sort of pad was pointless for heavier wetting, so the 'pouch' was always reduntant in my case, as I suspect it was for most wearers. I had layered terry towelling pants underneath, 'Sandras' (aka Henleys) were the most reliable plastic pants around 30 years ago and may still be. They were also the most reasonably priced. I was lucky because I lived in London at that time, and John Bell and Croydon, famous medical equipment suppliers on Wigmore Street, had an Aladdin's cave of a room with a whole range of plastic pants. Robinsons were a good brand, but not as reliably waterproof at the leg as Sandras.

It was thanks to Sandras that I could start to go out drinking with my mates and stay over in othe people's houses and hotels.

Currently in my ‘PVC Sandras’ with a pad in bed. All very comfortable! I love how the pants soften up and get more comfortable .., I do wear them rather airtight though, although I would rather they catch my urine! They are great even when I wear them to work, lots of squatting in these plastic pants increases the chance of urine loss. They are just so discreet... a slim pad placed inside the pouch does the trick for bladder weakness. I wear them everyday and every night and are my ordinary underwear now.

Does anyone wear them still?

Goodness!!! I wore exactly those Sandra plastic pants with a pad in the crotch all the way through school!! I always had a problem with quite regular but small leaks.
I remember loving the smell of brand new pairs when they came out of the packet and I remember the plastic sticking to my skin. I'm pretty sure that's where my lifelong love of plastic pants came from :)
Later in life I started to wear disposable diapers and at tis stage such modest level of protection/absorbency would be no good ... but I must get some of these "for old times sake"!!!

Reactions: marlin, jamesattends and vp39
?I find them perfectly comfortable, even though some people would think plastic on skin is maybe too sweaty. Let me know your thoughts or memories of them!"
I'm not in UK so don't have any specific memories of Sandra pants, but I love the feel of soft vinyl plastic next to my skin and have slept in plastic pants for more than ten years. One's body adjusts to them to the point where there's little or no perspiration inside them.
One thing I like about wearing them to bed is that when I roll over from one side to the other the plastic slides smoothly on the sheets and doesn't tend to bind like woven fabrics do.

OMG I so clearly remember those plastic pants And the strong PV.C smell they had.
In my early days of 24/7 protection I used to hang them in the garage in the hope they would loose the PVC smell which they did until you got them on andvwarmed them up, then it all came on strong again and I know I smelt strongly when wearing as at work one day a colleague mentioned he could smell "plastic" and wondered where it was coming from 😠I littered briefly until it was no longer in any ones mind then went about my work.
But that smell is so distinctive and instantly brings back all those PP memories !

Reactions: jamesattends
I use pads and plastic pants for day time. Some Sandra or Readi. Like the picture with same/little bigger pad.

Attachments

• 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 19
pads inside plastic pants have been around for a long time they predate most of your disposable diapers and before disposable pads there was washable pads inside plastic pants

Attachments

• 1916ad-1.jpg
    1916ad-1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 8d0a6945dd62cab98c49c592dd723c98 (1).jpg
    8d0a6945dd62cab98c49c592dd723c98 (1).jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 67503baadb97718b22519058668aefbb--water-balloons-plastic-pants.jpg
    67503baadb97718b22519058668aefbb--water-balloons-plastic-pants.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: padsandpants
padsandpants said:
I use pads and plastic pants for day time. Some Sandra or Readi. Like the picture with same/little bigger pad.
How do you find this, padsandpants?

These Sandra Henley’s were the first I ordered from an online medical company to wear at work
but I wore them with a terry nappy. I prefer something I can unfold and wash easily although I did try
washable sponge pads at first, towels seem better as my PMD dribbles can be quite heavy and I find they dry faster.
I liked the Henley’s pants and bought quite a few pairs but unfortunately the elastics we’re sewn rather than welded so tended to start falling apart and then would start to leak. Now I prefer the Nat4 grade pants from PVC-U-Like in the uk. No pouch for a pad though similar
soft light plastic and thin elastics but welded to stop risk of wicking moisture out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesattends and vp39
jamesattends said:
Hi everyone

I’d like to see if there are any more ‘likers’ of these pants! Hope people can say whether they have wear them, or still do? What I’d like to know is if anyone wears them with just a pad inside the pouch, NOT the pants over a diaper/nappy, or your normal underwear. I wear them with the pad inside the pocket, so the rest of the plastic is on my skin. I find them perfectly comfortable, even though some people would think plastic on skin is maybe too sweaty. Let me know your thoughts or memories of them!

I know the Sandra / Henleys plastic pants have been around since at least 1960 in the UK, so there must be loads of wearers!

Hi ,I'm replying to your post. Yes my girlfreind of 10 years or so makes me wear these all the time . I have at least fourty pairs, and when at home I wear a little sissygirls rubber frilled pink party dress with these plastic pants. On.im not allowed to wear any mens stuff at all at home.they are so comfortable and they rub against my privates so I end up with a constant erection.now my daughter who is 17 knows and has become used to seeing me dressed this way. Every time she comes down to make a cup of tea she says to her mom 'I see dad's very excited again lol. Now she picks out what party dress I wear each evening and weekends. Love to chat sometime .

Reactions: jamesattends and vp39
jamesattends said:
Hi everyone

I love the feel of plastic panties on my skin. I find them erotic at times, and at other times perfectly comfortable and relaxing. If one sleeps in them every night, after a few weeks there will be less perspiration as one's body adjusts to wearing them. Another thing that I like about sleeping in plastic pants is that they don't bind on the sheets when I turn over, but move with my body.

Napincolove said:
OMG I so clearly remember those plastic pants And the strong PV.C smell they had.
In my early days of 24/7 protection I used to hang them in the garage in the hope they would loose the PVC smell which they did until you got them on andvwarmed them up, then it all came on strong again and I know I smelt strongly when wearing as at work one day a colleague mentioned he could smell "plastic" and wondered where it was coming from 😠I littered briefly until it was no longer in any ones mind then went about my work.
But that smell is so distinctive and instantly brings back all those PP memories !
I only just imagine the smell, encased in plastic moulded to the skin!

Back