Just a little question

RetroGamerGuy

Est. Contributor
So i was just wondering from someone more knowledgeable then i. I of course use adult baby diapers like SDKs which are my favorite. I was in the grocery store today and wondered if the modern day baby diapers have the same smell of the 1980s and 1990 diapers that a lot of us DLs and ABDLs are so addicted too. I only ask because i was almost debating looking for some size 6 or 7 to use as boosters and if they had that smell i definetly will look

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
I wouldn't get your hopes up :(

Ever since all the major brands have gone cloth-backed, that vintage pampers smell has pretty much vanished.

I don't know if there are certain brands out there that still have the classic scent you're referring to, maybe there is a brand or two, but as far as I know, that smell is unfortunately, a thing of the past. I've walked past diaper aisles when out grocery shopping and I've had stuffers offered to me when visiting AB friends and not a single time did I detect that classic 80's/90's diaper scent.

I have heard that there are baby powder scents you can get to freshen things up and I think ABU offers a scented option for all of their brands. I only got scented diaps from ABU once or twice, so I don't recall if it was the exact scent you're looking for, but I do remember it being close, that might be your only option.

RetroGamerGuy

Est. Contributor
yeah i order from ABU a ton since SDKs are my go-to babyish diaper and i think i payed extra for the scent once and.....like others have said the strip was nauseating when first opened but i didnt really get the scent vibe from those old baby diapers. The scent also dissipates quite quickly if i can remember correctly. I wonder if there is somewhere else you can find it....i know its not talcum smell that much im sure

AlexWears

Est. Contributor
When I was a teenager I used to buy Tesco Value baby nappies, mostly as I had no money, and they were plastic backed, the smell was great.
This was about ten years ago now though so I have no idea if they are still like that.
Since I've been old enough to have an adult bank account I've ordered AB diapers online