Movies

TB333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Alright quick question post, what are everyones favorite movies? And for that matter era of movies?

Movies?.. What's that? Is it tasty?
Seriously, when was the last time I've seen a "proper" movie?.. I'm mostly an anime person, haven't watched anything but anime in years. Still, "Sky Crawlers" or "Patema Inverted" are the latest anime movies that I've seen and really enjoyed.

A good classic.

I have 100's of vhs and dvds

Westerns with James steward are my favorite. Along with Sifi.

GeraldRoss said:
Movies?.. What's that? Is it tasty?
Seriously, when was the last time I've seen a "proper" movie?.. I'm mostly an anime person, haven't watched anything but anime in years. Still, "Sky Crawlers" or "Patema Inverted" are the latest anime movies that I've seen and really enjoyed.

Patema Inverted was a really great movie. That whole ending was upside down, or maybe it was the beginning.....

The African Queen, Humphrey Bogot and Kathryn Hepburn

I am mainly an Anime watcher but favourite movie is Highlander.

Era maybe 80s cheesy fantasy.

Slomo said:
Patema Inverted was a really great movie. That whole ending was upside down, or maybe it was the beginning.....
Sure, it's great, and that ending... I never had a clue such thing was going to happen! But, if you ask me, it's a bit too positive. I find darker stories to be more satisfying. The "Sky Crawlers" (by Production I.G studio) I've mentioned — not only is the drawing style unique (despite being quite primitive, when it comes to characters), the sheer despair of the setting itself is really something. Or a much more complex, deeply psychological work of Kon Satoshi & studio MADHOUSE — "Perfect Blue" — all built with dreams, illusions and yet all is real. It really does have one questioning one's own sanity (and that of the main character).
Since I've already touched upon Kon Satoshi's works, there is "Paprika". This one is madness embodied. Right after I watched it, I had a really strange feeling, as if something was wrong with what I'm seeing in the real world. I wouldn't advise anyone with unstable psychic to watch it. But it's awesome, if hard to understand.

Hey sweetie hugs !!! My favorite movie series would be "Men In Black" , I loved all three movies and hopefully they are working on a part four. I think They started the first back in 1997. Those were the good years and fun years for me. I am big on Science Fiction and love anything alien related. thanks for the question !!

chamberpot said:
The African Queen, Humphrey Bogot and Kathryn Hepburn

That was one of my wife and my favorite movie. That said, I saw "Bumble Bee" over the Christmas holiday and it was a good movie.

I'm a big animation fan. Whether it be Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks, Ghibli, etc...my favorites have always been Finding Nemo and Meet the Robinsons. My more recent fav though is Moana for it's songs and message. Also looking forward to seeing Into the Spiderverse for it's animation techniques

TB333 said:
Alright quick question post, what are everyones favorite movies? And for that matter era of movies?

I've never been that into films. I... just get distracted and lose track of what's going on unless the film is really good. And I have to be in exactly the right mood too... So I don't watch that many.

There's no particular era of films that I like... I remember being a kid and getting really into a few black-and-white films, not realising until decades later that they were regarded as classics. I used to love watching Buster Keaton, and Laurel and Hardy on Sunday afternoons as a kid :)

I like films that are interesting, or different in some way; films that make you think a bit, or lead to unexpected situations. I'm more into dramas and thrillers than action movies, chick flicks or horror.

Maybe it's my age, but I vaguely remember the early/mid-1990s to late/mid-2000s as being of a particularly good vintage. I mean, a fair proportion of my favourites seem to come from that era:

Trainspotting
Pulp Fiction
A Scanner Darkly
Naked Lunch
The Beach
Memento
Girl, Interrupted
Interstate 60
Ma Vie en Rose
Jackie Brown
Fight Club
In Bruges
Shutter Island
Monty Python's Life of Brian
2001: A Space Odyssey

I'm not really a movie person to be honest, but by far and away my favourite is Back to the Future

Back