Why do some games not work on my PS4 pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Am I just unlucky with these games? Bad discs (even though this is the 2nd game I've ran into problems with and both discs look 100% brand new, not a single scratch).

Last time it was Final Fantasy 15 (XV) ; this time it is Wolfenstein II The New Collossus.

When it happened with FFXV I probably had a half hour played on the game, and it would freeze every time I reloaded the game and tried to make any progress.

This time I had several missions done, only to experience the same persistent problems every single time, after I completed several missions and spent several hours on the game.

I'm thinking maybe these games just dont like PS4 pro maybe?

But I don't have a regular PS4 and I sold FFXV a long time ago, because why keep it if I couldn't play the game?

Huh. Maybe your PS4 is overheating? Does it feel hot? Is the fan running loudly when this happens? In any case, a pattern of freezes sort of sounds like a hardware issue to me. If there was a bug in FFXV that made it unplayable on the Pro, Square would fix it pronto.

Cottontail said:
Huh. Maybe your PS4 is overheating? Does it feel hot? Is the fan running loudly when this happens? In any case, a pattern of freezes sort of sounds like a hardware issue to me. If there was a bug in FFXV that made it unplayable on the Pro, Square would fix it pronto.

Well, that was also a long time ago, so maybe early copies of FFXV were bugged, maybe I just got a bad disc (someone once told me it is possible to have a disc that doesn't play properly, even if it is brand new)

The only part that feels like it is emitting any heat at the top is the PlayStation logo, besides that it sounds loud only when it freezes when I'm trying to advance on Wolfenstein II, it looks like it wants to load but it freezes before that happens.

I have played dozens of games and my PS4P was never hot or loud or has given me problems on any other game, just FFXV and today Wolfenstein II.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, that was also a long time ago, so maybe early copies of FFXV were bugged, maybe I just got a bad disc (someone once told me it is possible to have a disc that doesn't play properly, even if it is brand new)

The only part that feels like it is emitting any heat at the top is the PlayStation logo, besides that it sounds loud only when it freezes when I'm trying to advance on Wolfenstein II, it looks like it wants to load but it freezes before that happens.

I have played dozens of games and my PS4P was never hot or loud or has given me problems on any other game, just FFXV and today Wolfenstein II.

Not a game disc, but a bought some DVD's of show, and somehow during manufacturing it got splotches of the paint or what ever they use for the top on the data side making it unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back