Incontinence Advice

Incontinence2017

James
Contributor
This thread is for anyone who may need advice dealing with there incontinence.

Hi, my name is James, I have been dealing with incontinence for about 3 years and have faced many obstacles along the way, I mostly spend my time alone (out side of work) and have decided to join this site in hopes of meeting and conversing with others who deal with incontinence, I have been rather successful in this endeavor and hope that my exsperince can aid you with your situation.

Please drop any questions and comments down below, I will do my best to stay active, I do have 2 jobs so it will be difficult.

Incontinence2017.

Incontinence2017

James
Contributor
How to budget for incontinence:
Let's assume your using adult diapers to manage your incontinence. Let's assume you use 4 diapers per day and the average case of diapers comes with 96 of them and cost about 35 to 50 dollars, you should be able to budget 85 dollars a month for your diapers, if your using a top of the line brand you likely need to budget 140, to 250 dollars a month. Let's also assume your budgeting for for things like wips and cream, that will be another 20 to 30 dollars based on what brand you buy. Over all its good idea to budget at least 300 dollars per month to manage your incontinence. How much do you spend per month? I Only spend about 80 dollars per month, sometimes more when I purchased condom catheters. Hope you found this bit helpful.

Incontinence 2017 AKA James.

GabeG23

Est. Contributor
Hey James, I don't have that bad incontinence although I have trouble making it to the bathroom from time to time because of my cerebral palsy so I wear diapers just in case. I look forward to talking with you.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Hi James
your right dealing with incontinence issues is not cheap my budget is probably around 240 per month now and growing as my IC issue has grown worse over time and the cost of premium diapers keeps rising.

its the one line in our budget that can not be cut only expanded

ST50

Est. Contributor
Let's assume your using adult diapers to manage your incontinence. Let's assume you use 4 diapers per day and the average case of diapers comes with 96 of them and cost about 35 to 50 dollars, you should be able to budget 85 dollars a month for your diapers, if your using a top of the line brand you likely need to budget 140, to 250 dollars a month. Let's also assume your budgeting for for things like wips and cream, that will be another 20 to 30 dollars based on what brand you buy. Over all its good idea to budget at least 300 dollars per month to manage your incontinence. How much do you spend per month? I Only spend about 80 dollars per month, sometimes more when I purchased condom catheters. Hope you found this bit helpful.

Fortunately in the UK once you are diagnosed with incontinence and refered to the NHS Continence service you get help with nappies and cream etc.

Slomo

Est. Contributor

250 a month for premium diapers, $300? Where did you get se numbers from?

I splurge for Crinklz, but assuming you wouldn't want the slightly added cost lets look at betterdry. They cost $99 for 60, or $1.65 each. You only need 2 of these diapers per 24 hours, so that's $3.30 per day. For 30 days that's still just $99.

Compared to your $80+ per month, they aren't that far off in cost. Plus I get the added bonus of using a diaper that doesn't leak anywhere near as often like other diapers, and I only have to change half as often as you (including the once in the middle of the night you'd need to change).

As for wipes, creams, etc. You don't need to use all of that with every single change. Heck, I only use it when I have a rash. Which is seldom. I doubt I have to spend even $5 a month on diaper related supplies. So already you're spending at least $110 per month where I only need to spend $105. So tell me again how do you figure someone needs to budget for $300 per month......

MarcusP

Contributor
I spend about $3 per month. Basically I buy huggies baby wipes in bulk. Diapers and ointment are free thanks to the v.a. But if I did buy them, it would be around $100 or less per month.

Incontinence2017

James
Contributor
Its, a number that I through out there based on usage statistics, I hardly ever spend more than $85, its all based on a ball point number, its not just for diapers, also includes other products like catheters, its based on your needs.

Incontinence2017 AKA James...

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Its, a number that I through out there based on usage statistics, I hardly ever spend more than $85, its all based on a ball point number, its not just for diapers, also includes other products like catheters, its based on your needs.

Incontinence2017 AKA James...
Most anyone shouldn't be spending more than around $150-$175 per month on incontinence supplies- for any reason (unless they actually want to at least). You and I are both fully urinary incontinent, yet don't come close to even that. And you're probably lower still because you still use catheters. Throwing $300 out there like that was complete misinformation, especually given you had no proof, statistics, or actual reasoning behind it.

Inconinmiss

Est. Contributor
I spend $250 to $300 per month on diapers. I usually use 3 BetterDry diapers per day. I live in Canada, and name brand diapers are more expensive than in the States.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
I spend $250 to $300 per month on diapers. I usually use 3 BetterDry diapers per day. I live in Canada, and name brand diapers are more expensive than in the States.
Wow, ouch. Sorry to hear that. That has to be costing you about $3 per diaper, which is insanely high.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Unfortunately Betterdry or Crinklz diapers are extremely expensive here in Canada due to the limited availability and the fact theres only one company that’s directly impoting the diapers from Thrustvector in Germany. its easy to spend north of $300 per month if you order the Crinklz version.

Fortunately Diapers are a tax deductible at least a percentage of the cost is but the household budget takes a big hit every year.