Dumb question, best 'Boy' diapers...?

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Heya all!

So, as the title says...I'm wondering what--in your experience--has been the best 'boy' diaper you've encountered?

To clarify, I'm not talking so much about graphics/looks...but moreso the proportion of padding that's shifted more towards the front?

I know the typical way to combat leaks around the upper front of a diaper is to simply get a size up in whatever your current size is...but I've found that I'm in an awkward spot where the next size up is MASSIVELY huge on me. Not to mention I tend to prefer things to be snugger (is that a word??) anyways. So preferably...I'd like to simply find a diaper in my current size (medium) that just has way more padding in the front.

Any ideas? :detective3:detective3

Crinklz are pretty awesome. Swell up a lot in the front!

I don't think they make boy/girl type adult diapers. They do make adult boy/girl pull ups. The only difference between them is where they put more padding to catch the pee where it comes out.

Unfortunately, they don’t make anything gender-specific in terms of performance when it comes to adult tab diapers or ABDL diapers. One thing you could try is to add a stuffer or booster to your diaper, orienting it more towards the front. I personally do that with ABU BoostUps, and I’ve found it helps though it makes things a little bulkier.

You could use boosters? There are different widths and lengths available, so you could find one the right size to put at the front of the diaper...?

Dan09 said:
Heya all!

So, as the title says...I'm wondering what--in your experience--has been the best 'boy' diaper you've encountered?

To clarify, I'm not talking so much about graphics/looks...but moreso the proportion of padding that's shifted more towards the front?

I know the typical way to combat leaks around the upper front of a diaper is to simply get a size up in whatever your current size is...but I've found that I'm in an awkward spot where the next size up is MASSIVELY huge on me. Not to mention I tend to prefer things to be snugger (is that a word??) anyways. So preferably...I'd like to simply find a diaper in my current size (medium) that just has way more padding in the front.

Any ideas? :detective3:detective3

But you know that a disposable diaper is not made to be used from the front, normally it must be directed downwards, so that magically you no longer have leaks in the front

I'd second the Crinklz design, they have fast wicking, decent padding width up front, good capacity, AND the best available standing leak guards. (making them ideal for side-sleepers too)

my advice... get some women's overnight incontinence pads (Poise overnights are good for this), the kind with plastic backing and sticky material , slash some strategically placed holes in the plastic, put it in backwards in the fitted brief so the slim side is in the crotch and the bulkier side is towards the front of the brief extending just past where the padding normally ends

Dan09 said:

I'm sorry that your request for information has been misinterpreted by so many people. I can understand your request, and yes some diapers are very different in padding distribution from front to back. For example, Tranquility ATN's have a massive proportion of its padding distributed to the rear and very little up front. It is difficult for me to recall what products have more generous distribution up front. Most products have more padding in the rear.

Two products that may fit the bill are NorthShore Supreme and MegaMAX. The Supremes accomplish what you are asking by having the best wicking properties of any product I've ever used. They are amazingly efficient of spreading wetness throughout the entire product. The MegaMAX accomplishes greater forward absorbency with it's unique fit. The mediums are cut a bit larger that almost all other medium products. I have found that I get a great fit (nice and snug around the legs) but MUCH more room up front for your package. It means there is more padding there than in other products that, when snug, lay exceptionally flat up front.

I can absolutely understand your desire to find a product with more absorbency up front. For males, I find that a lot of these products are very poorly designed. Our directional capabilities mean we usually point down, which is where the least amount of padding is, in the middle of the products. If you point up you risk moisture escaping directly out the top. Any products with more absorbency up front are amazing.

For me, I tend to look for more absorbency up front simply because of what position I tend to be in when accidents occur...seated. In a seated position the capability of any product is almost solely reliant on absorbency up front and leaks out the back of the legs are common. To this end, the best I've found has been as I've already stated: NorthShore Supreme and MegaMAX.

Llayden said:
I'm sorry that your request for information has been misinterpreted by so many people. I can understand your request, and yes some diapers are very different in padding distribution from front to back. For example, Tranquility ATN's have a massive proportion of its padding distributed to the rear and very little up front. It is difficult for me to recall what products have more generous distribution up front. Most products have more padding in the rear.

Two products that may fit the bill are NorthShore Supreme and MegaMAX. The Supremes accomplish what you are asking by having the best wicking properties of any product I've ever used. They are amazingly efficient of spreading wetness throughout the entire product. The MegaMAX accomplishes greater forward absorbency with it's unique fit. The mediums are cut a bit larger that almost all other medium products. I have found that I get a great fit (nice and snug around the legs) but MUCH more room up front for your package. It means there is more padding there than in other products that, when snug, lay exceptionally flat up front.

I can absolutely understand your desire to find a product with more absorbency up front. For males, I find that a lot of these products are very poorly designed. Our directional capabilities mean we usually point down, which is where the least amount of padding is, in the middle of the products. If you point up you risk moisture escaping directly out the top. Any products with more absorbency up front are amazing.

For me, I tend to look for more absorbency up front simply because of what position I tend to be in when accidents occur...seated. In a seated position the capability of any product is almost solely reliant on absorbency up front and leaks out the back of the legs are common. To this end, the best I've found has been as I've already stated: NorthShore Supreme and MegaMAX.

It is normal that disposable diapers do not have a large absorbency on the front since the product is not made to be used in this way

Try the plain white version of the Crinklz diapers (Betterdry) they have the same core and design when I can not get the Betterdry diapers I use one of the Crinklz printed versions to manage my incontinence issues. They are very absorbant and work great.

For a diaper thats a bit wider try the forsite AM/PM

BetterDry and ComfiDry 24/7 are heavy-duty diaper brands with equal amounts of padding front, crotch and in back.

Duckiejojo13 said:
Did you find what you were looking for?

Working on giving everything a try that ya'll suggested in this thread (thanks tons btw!!). I wear 99.9% of the time exclusively at night, and *usually* I prefer to sleep facing down--hence the need for someone with tons of the padding towards the front. I've never really attempted using stuffers/boosters kind of thing, but I'm hoping to give that a try--along with the Crinklz and some of the NorthShore stuff ya'll have suggested.

Very much appreciate all the advice!

Confidry has good front absorbtion. I sleep on my stomach, wet the bed, and very rarely have leaks.

Dan09 said:
Working on giving everything a try that ya'll suggested in this thread (thanks tons btw!!). I wear 99.9% of the time exclusively at night, and *usually* I prefer to sleep facing down--hence the need for someone with tons of the padding towards the front. I've never really attempted using stuffers/boosters kind of thing, but I'm hoping to give that a try--along with the Crinklz and some of the NorthShore stuff ya'll have suggested.

Very much appreciate all the advice!

you have already tried to just go down, it should solve a lot of problems, complications.

trysexiea said:
you have already tried to just go down, it should solve a lot of problems, complications.

At the risk of being TMI-- I've found that since I *mostly* sleep on my stomach/face down...that ends up being kind of difficult or downright painful...but, given the leak situation, I may need to change that regardless to be honest.

Dan09 said:
At the risk of being TMI-- I've found that since I *mostly* sleep on my stomach/face down...that ends up being kind of difficult or downright painful...but, given the leak situation, I may need to change that regardless to be honest.

We talk about directing sex down , it's not the way to sleep that must be changed :)

Back