What was ur childhood musical instrument?

Anima said:
I was 'encouraged' to play better as well. Perhaps not quite harshly, oh well... But that really is objective, isn't it? What is harsh. Safe to say however, it did not encourage me what so ever.
I will not go into details ... some times it was ... very painful ... to make mistakes .

The Saxophone, for 3 years, then I found sports. I wish I had kept playing as well.

Anima said:
I was 'encouraged' to play better as well. Perhaps not quite harshly, oh well... But that really is objective, isn't it? What is harsh. Safe to say however, it did not encourage me what so ever.
My mother and grandmother taught me to play the piano, but I always enjoyed it. Our piano is a family piece that has been tradition to learn to play

KitsuneFox said:
I will not go into details ... some times it was ... very painful ... to make mistakes .
I'm sorry to hear that. That was not alright. No child should fear to make mistakes, the threat of physical punishment hanging over their head. :-(
nezquic66 said:
My mother and grandmother taught me to play the piano, but I always enjoyed it. Our piano is a family piece that has been tradition to learn to play
That sounds lovely. :) I wish I had that.

I was forced to learn piano and then clarinet. I enjoyed neither! Glad I don't have to play them any more.

I played piano and the kazoo.
Kazoo was my speciality 😆😋

I was a band geek and played clarinet from grade 5 to 11. Somewhere in that timeframe I was enrolled into piano lessons because I had picked up a small keyboard at one point and was playing tunes by ear. I still enjoy piano music quite a bit, but I ended up with a pretty hardcore teacher and if you weren't practicing piano every free moment you amounted to nothing. That kind of killed any interest I had in lessons. My keyboard sits on a closet collecting dust.

Air guitar. I always wanted a real one, but my parents never bought one for me.

Started with Recorder like most kids. Tried Saxophone when i was a bit older and was awful at it. Later in middle school i tried trumpet and was again awful. I just am not creatively or musically inclined sadly

Saxophone FTW.... however I can also play Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Bari, Tenor, Alto, and Soprano Saxophone (Alto was My favorite), Bagpipes and just about every percussion instrument excluding the drum set..... never got the hang of that one

68Bonnie said:
Air guitar. I always wanted a real one, but my parents never bought one for me.
Buy yourself one! My rubber-band guitar was tossed too but some 40 years later I got a cheep guitar and amp and though I've no talent I do have fun!

GumbDrop said:
I play percussion and i am in college for it but i tried guitar and trumpet and both failed lmao

I am a master of the triangle, the rain stick and the kazoo. I am a pretty big deal in the orchestral specialty percussion circuit. Plus I'm like crazy famous in Asia, they love me there. Probably because of my affinity for playing delta blues on my kazoo. Never had to buy a drink in an izakaya... ever... that's how great my skills are.

Per the New Tokyo Times Dispatch, "Mr. Connor simultaneously transcends and transforms his art form. He is "the" magic in the forest. He is an ephemeral tour de force that plays with passion unmatched by legions of angels. No doubt, because these angels are left awestruck and weeping from his powerful rendition of the froggy bottom blues. His performances are must see once in a lifetime experiences."

Reactions: littlemoosey and AAO
Piano

Just be warned when answering this and questions like first car, pet's name, Hospital you were born in, favorite teacher or subject... are also used as security questions and answers can be used for that.

My penis. I had great rhythm and always kept up the beat.
Sorry I couldn't help it.

We very quite poor in our household and a musical instrument just wasn't in the budget. Hell my parents couldn't even afford sports uniforms or gas to drive as to games so there was no extracurricular activities.

Last edited:
Cello, violin and harmonica!

Last edited:
Back