side wetting

tafkadl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I only wet once during the night and can go to the bathroom in the morning. I therefore use lower capacity night diapers like Easy Slip Nacht.
Without going into much detail, this shows me I always sleep on my left side when I have an accident.
I assume it has something to do with the pressure of other organs, but can't find another explanation. It's not something one can ask to his urologist :)
Any other ideas?

Why not ask your urologist, any info you can provide is helpful in determining what is causing your incontinence issues.

You should definitely ask an urologist, there has to be (obviously) a reason because of your wetting. Don’t be ashamed about it, talk openly to your doctor.

wear plastic pants.

fastchange said:
wear plastic pants.

The diaper isn't leaking. I just wonder why I only wet when I'm laying on my left side.

I'm not sure and I can only tell you my own experiance. Maybe the one have not nessesary directly to do with the other. If you sleep more often on the left side it's of cause more likely that you wet also on this side but there is also maybe an other simple explanation.

The interesting quastion is: way sleeping on this side. For me I had somewhen a simple explanation. It's because of my stomach. If I lay on my left side, my stomach points downwards and the esophagus upwards. Especicaly if you had eaten or drink something before going to sleep this position might be the preferred ones because it relives the lower sphincter of the esophagus. So if you eat or drink to much before bedtime it's very likely that you instinctively choose the side position. But in this case your metabolism work overtime and you also produce more urine what may end up with a wet diaper...

Back