How do you prevent overnight leaks?

momma2moosey

Est. Contributor
Relatively new caregiver here...my little loves his cloth diapers with plastic pants! The last 2 nights, his diaper has leaked in bed. We use night-time diapers with a liner and plastic pants over top. Anyone have any advice or suggestions? (Not disposables, my little is a cotton-kind of guy!😉)

Slomo

Est. Contributor
A booster pad or extra cotton layers is your only real choice. I remember when I used cloth that I had to go with 6+ layers. I'm a side sleeper and heavy wetter, so it just took that much to not leak. All those layers ended up giving me hip pain though, so I went back to disposables with a high sap content.

momma2moosey

Est. Contributor
A booster pad or extra cotton layers is your only real choice. I remember when I used cloth that I had to go with 6+ layers. I'm a side sleeper and heavy wetter, so it just took that much to not leak. All those layers ended up giving me hip pain though, so I went back to disposables with a high sap content.
ok, thanks for the reply and suggestions! by the way, I'm relatively new...what does "sap" mean?

ST50

Est. Contributor
My advice is a little di8fferent. I accept because I wet a lot at night I will probably leak so I have a large washable bed pad under my sheet and a waterproof mattress cover. I use flannelette sheets so they stay warm and comfortable when wet.

Inconinmiss

Est. Contributor
I don’t know how I have managed to do it, but I have somehow managed to train myself to lie on my back when I wet while asleep. I wear a high-capacity diaper around the clock (ComfiDry 24/7 or BetterDry) and only have leaks in bed on the rare occasions that I wet while lying on my side or that the diaper has a manufacturing defect.

Tundra1975

Est. Contributor
I use a Babykins diaper cover that is lined with terry cloth. If my overnight diaper leaks, which does occasionally happen, the terry cloth in the diaper cover catches it.