Could diapers become trendy and norm?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
"Millennials" are opening the door to a lot of new trends and experimental things.

For example, at one point an adult would never be caught wearing cute unicorn or barbie onesie pajamas, those are only for children... but now they are at every Wal-Mart and teens and adults wear them for comfort and to feel a bit childish, whether they realize it or not... they are enjoying being an adult baby to some degree.

I bet if some company started including an ABDL diaper with the unicorn onesie payjama, most people would try it on. Imagine it, a comfy onesie, a free comfy and cool diaper, and a cozy night on the couch with a blanket, wouldn't every girl try that?

I would love to see a new trend where wearing comfy thick or thin/concealed diapers with cute or bad ass (rebel) patterns became a thing. And for Wal-Mart add a small section for "fun" diapers in the oh so boring Incontinence section. Eg. "Fab Sense City Print Adult Diapers" which Wal Mart currently carries? and Rearz. I think teens and curious adults would love it... but it's just so silly and embarrassing that no one risks getting caught wearing or buying them.

Has anyone, like Rearz, tried to advertise and create a market? They are headquartered in a city just 1 hour from me and I've never even heard of them until recently, and I had to seek them out.

I've seen new mothers go crazy over cool pattern diapers for their babies, the mothers love them so much that they spend a lot of money to buy them. I think there's an opportunity to get the moms into comfy and fun diapers too!

I truly believe that a lot of people have a desire to wear a diaper and pee in one, they might not even know it. I also believe that more than 50% of the population would be open to wearing/trying a diaper if it weren't such an embarrassing subject, or if they could do it and get away with it. Then there are the many very curios teens who suffer because they have no options for buying ABDL diapers, and the subject is way too embarrassing.

The biggest issue I find today is that I'm just a regular diaper lover, but when you research adult diaper lovers you just see a lot of weird sexy things, or adult babies which can be overwhelming.... but what about the average Joe like me who just likes the comfort of a diaper... and the exhilarating feeling of peeing in a diaper. And ironically, a diaper with a dash of talc powder keeps my area drier than underwear does.

I'm new here and I already see so many struggles we all face when it comes to confronting friends and family, or getting your hands on ABDL diapers. I'd love for this to become normal/trendy.

Last edited:
Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111
If we had someone who owned a store that could try stocking fun diapers along with the plain adult diapers maybe we could see if the general public might have an interest.

I would love to find a big % of Muggles actually like diapers but despite how gorgeous, comfy and practical they are I think the vast majority are silly grossed out and embarrassed of diapers.

For certain their has got to be loads of would be DLs, age players and everything in between that just haven’t either discovered themselves yet or are just too repressed to admit to being themselves.

I get it sounds amazing for being able to go to a mainstream store and pick up some decent diapers but I don’t think those companies that mass produce can be trusted to make diapers that work with the filthy corporate shrinkflation mentality.

I would also worry If diapees were more excepted they could be an order of magnitude more difficult for companies like ABU to keep in stock.

Such beautiful thoughts though :)

A company like ABUniverse would do what they needed to so that they could keep providing top quality ABDL Diapers and keep making money.

I have never ran into the problem of ordering something from ABUniverse and having to wait despite stuff being listed as In Stock; which is the problem I had with Tykables and why I havent ordered from them since then.

As for Diapers becoming a "normal" thing (past when people are Kids/Toddlers that havent been potty trained yet, or have incontinence) I dont think it will ever happen.

There is too much "Diaper Shaming" and associating Diapers with being a "Baby" thing during the Potty Training phase, and beyond that many people find Diapers "Unhygienic" even though Toilets can easily be even more unhygienic; especially in public settings where Thousands of people use the same toilets and they aren't cleaned as often as they should be.

There is also the problem of the word "Diaper" being associated with sick and dying people and the Diaper companies doing all they can to avoid using the word diaper; which I feel further pushes back the issue and keeps making it a shameful thing.

It would be better to just call them Diapers and own that you need them, or even just that you like to wear them because then there doesnt have to be any shame.

Diapers are diapers and I don't find anything wrong with that.

Most anything could happen but I don't think it's particularly likely that these will become fashionable any time soon. I don't even know if I'd like that.

The answer is it is possible to do everything with communication, and is produced sufficiently adapted to the target.

ORBaby said:
If we had someone who owned a store that could try stocking fun diapers along with the plain adult diapers maybe we could see if the general public might have an interest.

We are already there in Canada. Healthwick.ca is a main stream medical supplier for incontinences. They have a page acknowledging ABDL folks and they stick fun printed abdl type diaper right along all the regular products. Very progressive folks, nice to speak with however they ask that you keep your transaction professional no baby talk and certainly don’t ask them to partake in your fetish. They do however acknowledge that DL’S write the best reviews.

Here are some links to the main stream page and some printed diapers.

https://www.healthwick.ca/

https://www.healthwick.ca/rearz-safari-super-absorbent-adult-diapers/

Here is their abdl statement and story

https://www.healthwick.ca/blog/the-elephant-in-the-room-abdls/

https://www.healthwick.ca/pages/landing-pages/abdl.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’ll ever be mainstream. But with more and more online retailers of incontience products starting to carry printed adult baby brands next to their normal products I can defiantly see people becoming aware and tolerant of Abdl’s.

While I would not want it to be the norm, it would be nice to have non boring high quality diapers for people with incontinence issues in stores.

12srepaid said:
While I would not want it to be the norm, it would be nice to have non boring high quality diapers for people with incontinence issues in stores.

Well, unfortunately unless ABDL becomes a mainstream thing you probably won't find Printed Diapers in smaller cities; there already are some ABDL Diaper Storefronts in major cities, and some people have been very vocal about being against that; like the people that were on the Chicago News Station that one time that said they didn't want Tykables to have a store there.

It's a hard thing to get ignorant, stubborn people; to open up and learn that what they think is completely wrong and to change their opinion about something they are 100% against.

Its unfortunate that there are a lot of outspoken people like that out there, and "Hatred Spawns Hatred" ; the more people out there spewing that toxic information the worse off our community is going to be

I think it would be nice, although I don't think it would happen, especially not any time soon.

I think the only time diapers will become trendy and norm is when wetting and pooping in your pants in public becomes trendy and norm. I don't see that happening at any time in the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your comments, I enjoyed reading them all!

One other thought I have, and I say this with respect for everyone, is there a need for a toned down "image" or market for Diaper Lovers. It's a bit overwhelming when you google adult diapers, discover ABDL, then get bombarded with sexy women in sexy onesies; and another genera of adult babies in full force who sleep in cribs and get changed by mommies; which I'd love to try at least once, but personally for me I am not incontinent and I am not a baby, I just want to wear cute diapers under my normal clothes, if I have to pee then I wet them. Then there are people who have long commutes and want to have fun with their incontinence... but don't want to associate with the (sexy/baby) genera that LITTLEFORBIG or even REARZ websites create. And the many teens who want to regress a little or just have fun; doctors will support this diaper wearing. It's interesting that on Google "my son wants to wear diapers" is the 3rd suggestion when you type "my son want"; it's very common and a real desire for boys and men. I could go on and on about the many people who would enjoy this market.

Sorry in advance, I am a new member and have lots of questions :sweatdrop:

Last edited:
neophyte said:
Thank you for your comments, I enjoyed reading them all!

One other thought I have, and I say this with respect for everyone, but is there a need to create a new and toned down "image" for Diaper Lovers. It's a bit overwhelming when you google adult diapers, discover ABDL, then get bombarded with sexy women in sexy onesies; and another genera of adult babies in full force. Personally for me I want to wear cute diapers under my normal clothes, and thats it. Or maybe there are people who have long commutes and want to have fun with their mild incontinence... but don't want to associate with the (sexy/baby) genera that LITTLEFORBIG or even REARZ websites create.

Also, just because you're wearing a diaper doesn't mean you have to use it, or sit in your own pee, or poop in them. It can be just for pure fun, comfort, and a few tinkles :eek:

Sorry in advance, I am a new member and have lots of questions :sweatdrop:

Obviously sexualizing ABDL works against trying to make ABDL a more commonly accepted thing.

I would say ABDL is kind of akin to LGBTQ, it is a wide spectrum with only a part of it being about Sex/involving Sex; but aside from that there is so much more going on and everyone in both groups is still an individual with their own likes and dislikes.

It also happens to be that outliers and extremes are much more obvious, both online and in person; the majority of people could be surrounded by someone in any kind of community and not realize it.

I don't know about the norm, but I spoke to many people that live in my area that went down to the New Years ball drop in the city. Most of them told me about their experiences going down there and wearing diapers . If you are going to be out there for over 12 hours you know you are going to need a bathroom. I laughed when I saw a neighbor come home in a cab and he had a small leak in his diaper. I didn't say anything but thought it was rather cute. Hey if I was going down there I would wear extra padding myself. Diapers may become trendy, but for nights like New Years Eve it may become the norm for drinkers and partiers alike.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you watch the news a new law goes into effect on the first. birth certificates will now have a third option and bathrooms will have changing tables installed. There might be a shift in the way people think. It may not happen overnight, but times are changing...

ORBaby said:

They have that in the UK and also ones in America too. There's one shop around 30 minutes from where I am that sell incontinence products as well as ABDL items.

I think many "alternative lifestyles" or whatever you want to call them will become more accepted but I can't see it becoming mainstream or trendy. Easy example - sex toys are now mainstream, sex shops are on the high street, it's not taboo to own a vibrator or for a man to own a butt-plug but you still don't see much about it day-to-day because it's still fairly private and personal.

Occasionally something busts a taboo and gets the normals talking about it - ISTR sex & the city launched the rabbit vibrator into the popular consciousness, 50 Shades did the same for BDSM, but suburban housewives aren't wandering shopping malls in padlocked collars.

DLPJ said:
We are already there in Canada. Healthwick.ca is a main stream medical supplier for incontinences. They have a page acknowledging ABDL folks and they stick fun printed abdl type diaper right along all the regular products. Very progressive folks, nice to speak with however they ask that you keep your transaction professional no baby talk and certainly don’t ask them to partake in your fetish. They do however acknowledge that DL’S write the best reviews.

Here are some links to the main stream page and some printed diapers.

https://www.healthwick.ca/

https://www.healthwick.ca/rearz-safari-super-absorbent-adult-diapers/

Here is their abdl statement and story

https://www.healthwick.ca/blog/the-elephant-in-the-room-abdls/

https://www.healthwick.ca/pages/landing-pages/abdl.html
As they noted abdls are "Certainly not the majority or even a large minority, but a significant percentage" maybe more stores will realize that and provide shelf space for the fun diapers. Maybe the general merchandise stores and not just the medical supply stores. Imagine ABDL diapers on the shelf next to the Depends at Walmart.

This is an interesting question. I don't see diaper wearing becoming a fashion trend in the next 20 years, but at the same time, I see that the stigma surrounding incontinence is beginning to fade, which is definitely a good thing. Considering how widespread incontinence problems are (particularly in an aging population) it's not surprising that a number of diapers are being marketed for adults in various colours and prints - especially if they can help people manage these issues. We are seeing a greater range of customisation across medical devices, such as wheelchairs, canes, crutches and walkers - as societies' attitudes to disabled people are slowly becoming more positive and pragmatic. In this respect, diapers are no different. Having a disability no longer means that your life is over. It's something to adjust to and carry on as best as you can.

As such, it's unlikely that diapers will become a fashion, but people who do need to wear diapers will not be as worried to wear in public if they need to. ABDL's may still get some odd looks here and there, but the trend is that people are becoming more accepting of medical needs. From my own experiences as an incontinent millennial, people have been understanding of my diapers when I explain why I need them.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Back