Sleeping through the night

jasonm03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I started bed wetting in August and have had problems sleeping through the night would wake several times a night also started having accidents couple times a week before being diagnosed with OAB with urge incontinence and weakened bladder muscles Urologist said I need protection 24/7 I now have accidents couple times a day. The past week and a half I slept through the night glad to be sleeping through the night still wake up wet but not sleepy. When did this happen for others and will I continue to sleep through the night

jasonm03 said:
I started bed wetting in August and have had problems sleeping through the night would wake several times a night also started having accidents couple times a week before being diagnosed with OAB with urge incontinence and weakened bladder muscles Urologist said I need protection 24/7 I now have accidents couple times a day. The past week and a half I slept through the night glad to be sleeping through the night still wake up wet but not sleepy. When did this happen for others and will I continue to sleep through the night

I think that if you do not sleep a full night while wearing a diaper I think you have to be too stressed, if you do not have any pain or any other problem. First advice to make an appointment with a psychologist or psychiatrist, if the reason is psychological obviously.other advice that may seem surprising but, I would advise you even if it seems amazing to relieve you in your disposable diaper when you woke up and continue your night normally, it is usually hard to fall asleep after waking up completely, that's why it's easier not to wake up more than necessary and to use volontary the disposable diaper to his destiny :)

I already see psychiatrist for PTSD and bipolar disorder from military service. Had many test from urologist diagnosed incontinent(urge) OAB was nervous about leaking. This is not psychological already went the route

Hey, don’t worry about it, seriously.
At the beginning it’s difficult and uncomfortable, I took sleeping pills since I had your same problem but with the time I guarantee you that you’ll get absolutely used to it!

If you don't do anything to actively counter the enuresis then yes it will likely continue. I learned a long time ago that getting a full night of sleep is WAY more important than not waking up with a wet diaper. As long as you don't mind (or even like) waking up wet, then don't worry about it. As for me, I also learned a long time ago to always use a diaper you can trust will not leak. If you have to go overkill on a really thick diaper to do that, then it's worth it.

Reactions: NW47guy
I sleep deeply and wake up soaking wet every morning

Reactions: Deleted member 44078
I think this might be a part of the problem from OAB... I also normally wake up from the urge. The point is - if I get up or move it can happen that I loss control and wet myself. So depending on how sleepy I am, meanwhile I often decide to let it go, because it's as slomo said: sleep is more important. It's at last for me much easier to fall back into sleep again after voiding the diaper, as to stand up, try to hold it and end up wetting just before reaching the toilet... I would be happy if I could sleep thru - but this happens not that often anymore and end up normaly with a wet diaper or a wet bed.

Slomo said:
If you don't do anything to actively counter the enuresis then yes it will likely continue. I learned a long time ago that getting a full night of sleep is WAY more important than not waking up with a wet diaper. As long as you don't mind (or even like) waking up wet, then don't worry about it. As for me, I also learned a long time ago to always use a diaper you can trust will not leak. If you have to go overkill on a really thick diaper to do that, then it's worth it.
thanks for the advice I am currently sleeping through the night I was always worried about leaking even with good diaper on. The cheap diapers the VA game me always leaked I now sleep soundly through the night thanks to ABU diapers

I feel that if I could bedwet at night I would sleep better. I so hate waking up in the middle of the night having to get up to relieve myself.

Reactions: fluffyprison, Wetshisbed and Pokogirl
mickdl said:
I think this might be a part of the problem from OAB... I also normally wake up from the urge. The point is - if I get up or move it can happen that I loss control and wet myself. So depending on how sleepy I am, meanwhile I often decide to let it go, because it's as slomo said: sleep is more important. It's at last for me much easier to fall back into sleep again after voiding the diaper, as to stand up, try to hold it and end up wetting just before reaching the toilet... I would be happy if I could sleep thru - but this happens not that often anymore and end up normaly with a wet diaper or a wet bed.

I usually soak my nappy and end up with a wet bed but as it is well protected I don't worry. A good nights sleep is more important than worrying about wetting the bed.

jasonm03 said:
thanks for the advice I am currently sleeping through the night I was always worried about leaking even with good diaper on. The cheap diapers the VA game me always leaked I now sleep soundly through the night thanks to ABU diapers

Many years ago I figured out what you just did. If you wet in your sleep, drink a ton before bedtime or just can't get to the bathroom in time in the middle of the night, it's extremely important to wear the most absorbent diaper you can get your hands on. Add a booster, throw on some fabric lined waterproof pants, basically do whatever you can to feel comfortable knowing that if you wake in the morning (and like me) you instantly wet your diaper one last time, you're not going to soak your pjs or sheets.

I know there are tons of people who only wear disposables on here, but nothing beats a thick cloth prefold diaper with a booster and well fitted waterproof pants for comfort and absorbency at night. Plus, you will save a lot of money going that route and only need to wash a handful every 2 or 3 days. I recommend either Kins, Changing Times or Adult Cloth Diaper pre-folds. I've been super busy the last few years and moved a few times, but I'm going back to cloth at night in 2019 for the reasons I outlined below. PM me if you decide to go that route and have questions about cloth diapers.

Reactions: chuck and NW47guy
I think you are not used to sleeping wet, but this will come over time.

jasonm03 said:

Yeah, I was never able to sleep good in any of their diapers either (or hospital diapers too). Glad you learned that having a diaper you can trust won't leak is extremely important towards being able to sleep comfortably.

Adult_Bedwetter said:
I think you are not used to sleeping wet, but this will come over time.

Sleeping wet is just normal for me.

It took me several months to get over waking up when wetting or having to go and not making it. I sleep in a diaper every night now and don’t wake up. It took several month of sleeping in diapers I trusted. After the worry of leaking was gone, I started sleeping through it. I started with Abenas with plastic pants and a pad. I now wear northshore supremes and will wear plastic pants if I’ve been drinking.

Reactions: NW47guy
ABDLErica73 said:
I feel that if I could bedwet at night I would sleep better. I so hate waking up in the middle of the night having to get up to relieve myself.
I feel the same. I wake up almost every night having to pee.

I have not woke up having to pee in a long time and I have not woke dry in a long time but a couple of days a week I wake not soaked but only a little bit wet from just leaking but usually fill my diaper

I don't usually leak at night even though I am soaked in the morning, probably because I always wear cloth diapers with a baby prefold as a stuffer and plastic pants over them.

ABDLErica73 said:
I get a much better nights sleep since I became a bedwetter again

Back