possible diaper upgrade

HeronimusM

Est. Contributor
Hi everyone,

i've got the chance, to "upgrade" to Tena slip Ultimate, the plastic lined version

my current diaper are the european Absorin slip Ultra, with cotton feel.

both Ultra and Ultimate, are around 4500ml absorption

my pharmacy nurse has send me a pack of the Tena's and my first impression is the tabs are smaller,
the landingzone which was a big plus in the earlier days, is left out...
and the overal fit is a tad smaller than the Absorin...

for me being both Ur & Def incontinent, i've experienced a bigger plus odour wise for the Tena, i don't know if anyone has the same experience...
but the smell is not as intrusive as what i'm used to, so thats a big plus for the Tena.

possibly due the plastic outer liner than the cottonfeel of the Absorin?

Does anyone experiencing the overall fit of Tena to be a tad "small"?

with the Absorin, the tabs are kinda fitting on my belly and with Tena they are more on my thighs...

anyway, does anyone have similar experiences?

i'm not able to use other brands other than Absorin and Tena

so mentioning ABDL brands like Rearz or other does not help because of insurance policy

Thanks !

parcelboy2

Est. Contributor
"i'm not able to use other brands other than Absorin and Tena
so mentioning ABDL brands like Rearz or other does not help because of insurance policy"

You skimmed right over an important part of what they said >u<
Better dry is a main stream German brand not an ABDL and are far better than Tena

Jonnythepony

Est. Contributor
Better dry is a main stream German brand not an ABDL and are far better than Tena
Like he said, "because of insurance policy". His insurance won't cover BetterDry is what he's saying.

"i'm not able to use other brands other than Absorin and Tena"

Slomo

Est. Contributor
I'd recommend you try the next size up. Every manufacturer is different, and every diaper fits everyone differently. If you're "in between sizes" then it's always best to at least try a sample or two.

I'd also recommend you take another look at what diapers your insurance company will allow. Quite often they "recommend" certain brands, but actually will allow other brands if you push for them enough.

pastel

Est. Contributor
Tena Slip Maxi and Ultima work best for my incontinence! Mediums fit me perfectly. The plastic back tenas are really nice but also i like the cloth back Ultima, it has way nicer material and quality than cloth back Maxi or Super. I have a very small bladder so one Ultima lasts me all day.

annaabc123

Est. Contributor
I haven't tried the Ultima but I regularly wear the plastic-backed Tena Maxi and find it to be a really good diaper. Not too bulky and holds a lot. It is quite noisy though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tundra1975

Est. Contributor
Every now and then I will try a new brand of diaper just to see if there is anything out there that is more comfortable or reliable than the diapers I am currently using. As an overnight diaper, I use the Dry 24/7 or Seni Quatro. They are both very good overnight diapers. For daytime use, I use the Seni Super or Seni Super Plus diaper. They are both very good daytime diapers. I am always on the lookout for a new diaper to try, but I am very happy with the diapers I currently use.