Turn taped diapers into a pull-up

Bellybag58

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Since the tapes are so hard to adjust and don't reapply without tearing the whole thing up I thought I'd try something new.

Bedsheet grippers.

Adjustabl-01.jpg
Front view

Adjustabl-02.jpg
Side view

Adjustabl-03.jpg
Back view

The clips make a little bulge in the back through your pants but I'd bet most people wouldn't notice if you were wearing loose jeans.

For guys it's easy to pull down in front for use in the men's room.

Fold down the top of the plastic so it's even with the padding.
Fold in the side plastic 4-5 times
(Do that front and back.)

Adjust the straps and clip them on to fit your body shape.

Maybe this will help, it works for me.

The diaper you're using is waaaaaaay too small. Use a bigger size and you're good.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Nice, good idea!

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

kingdark said:
The diaper you're using is waaaaaaay too small. Use a bigger size and you're good.

It's an L4 and the right size for me. It just looks smaller with the plastic rolled up.

Oh, I see. Okay, guess I misjudged it then. It does seem far too small for you though.

Usually with 4 taped diapers I put the lower tapes on loose, then slide the diaper on like a pull-up and then I put the top tapes on tight and readjust the lower tapes tighter

kingdark said:

That's exactly what I was going to say! Even taking into account the diaper is folded in at the edges, it is very clearly way too small for him. It's like, well there's the reason he has a hard time with the tapes. Also no offense to the OP, but why still use Abena? There are much better performing diapers out there that cost less as well.

Abena is cheaper than tena at least just to name a single brand to compare with.

kingdark said:
Abena is cheaper than tena at least just to name a single brand to compare with.

Yeah, but tena also lasts longer than abena does. So actually they cost less overall too. And Northshore Supreme lasts even longer still, which costseven less overall. I can even take that farther with betterdry, which lasts the longest and is the cheapest overall cost I have yet to see.

The moral here, NEVER look at it as a cost per diaper. You have to look at it as a cost per day. In fact, the only time a "cheap" diaper really does cost less is when you arent fully using them 24/7.

Well, I am not using them 24/7. In fact, I tend to average in an 'expensive' month, no more than ten diapers a month. A package of tena diapers, (the thickest variant) is almost eight euro's more expensive than Abena. So, naturally, I'm going for that. Ofcourse, I do spoil myself with abdl diapers every now and again, but I can't do that very much either.

kingdark said:
Well, I am not using them 24/7. In fact, I tend to average in an 'expensive' month, no more than ten diapers a month. A package of tena diapers, (the thickest variant) is almost eight euro's more expensive than Abena. So, naturally, I'm going for that. Ofcourse, I do spoil myself with abdl diapers every now and again, but I can't do that very much either.

See, that's when it makes sense to go cheaper per diaper. I remember bellybag is incontinent though, and needs some sort of protection 24/7. He and I could go through 10 Abenas in just 2.5 days. With expense like that we really need to watch those pennies. So while Abena makes sense for you, it doesn't for him or I.

Slomo said:
See, that's when it makes sense to go cheaper per diaper. I remember bellybag is incontinent though, and needs some sort of protection 24/7. He and I could go through 10 Abenas in just 2.5 days. With expense like that we really need to watch those pennies. So while Abena makes sense for you, it doesn't for him or I.

Fair enough. You're right, if you're incontinent, it makes sense to try and save money and get as much quality at the same time. Hey, I've always wondered... And I mean no offense with this, but doesn't it make you angry, considering that you don't have a choice and people like myself use diapers even though I don't need them? I mean, could it be compared to, someone that (for example) likes to spend in time in a wheelchair, while he can walk (because it turns him on?) and I can imagine that would piss someone off, that doesn't have a choice in the matter.

Kingdark

kingdark said:
Fair enough. You're right, if you're incontinent, it makes sense to try and save money and get as much quality at the same time. Hey, I've always wondered... And I mean no offense with this, but doesn't it make you angry, considering that you don't have a choice and people like myself use diapers even though I don't need them? I mean, could it be compared to, someone that (for example) likes to spend in time in a wheelchair, while he can walk (because it turns him on?) and I can imagine that would piss someone off, that doesn't have a choice in the matter.

Kingdark

Not me, quite the opposite in fact. I have always been a DL, even long before a car wreck led to my incontinence problems. They fulfilled a purpose for me before, as they do now. The fact that I have an added physical need for them has not diminished my mental need for them one bit. So why would I be mad one persons need is not my same need? We both still need then, just for different reasons.

Plus, DL's tend to flood their diapers and really push them to their limits. Back when adult diapers were only made for truly incontinent people they were moderately ok at best. Now thanks to us DL's, we have truly premium diapers that absolutely excell for incontent people as well. Others buying so many diapers in spite of not having a physical need for them has also kept innovation up and costs down. It's a win-win in my book.

Good stuff Slomo. My urge incontinence lead me to pull-ups during the day, but I was still up during the night. I just use my diapers to avoid getting up to use the bathroom all night long. Setting up the grippers to make a diaper a pull-up saves me on using pull-ups during the day now and then. Slip in a booster for overnight and I'm good to go. (Pun intended/not intended.) :) I have somewhat of a need but the DL side is really coming out. Another win-win.

Bellybag58 said:
Good stuff Slomo. My urge incontinence lead me to pull-ups during the day, but I was still up during the night. I just use my diapers to avoid getting up to use the bathroom all night long. Setting up the grippers to make a diaper a pull-up saves me on using pull-ups during the day now and then. Slip in a booster for overnight and I'm good to go. (Pun intended/not intended.) :) I have somewhat of a need but the DL side is really coming out. Another win-win.

Ah, thanks for the additional clarification. Not always having to fully using them IS a luxury. I am curious though, are you not able to slip the diaper down past your hips without untapping it? Why go to the extreme of adding elastic when the diaper already has an elastic waist band? Though I suspect the diaper being one size too small would be the reason for that. If so, have you tried the larger size, and did it not work?

Regardless, I was thinking that would be a good modification for those with mobility problems though. I can't imagine it would help guard against leaks though. Especially with floddings or when already very wet. So how well does it hold up (total capacity before leaks, sagging, etc) when compared to regularly tapping it on?

It's a great setup for during the day but at night I use the tapes. Pulling the diaper down over my hips seems to stretch it out and then it doesn't fit right after pulling it back up. And I always wear plastic pants over them. I've never trusted any disposables and for good reason. They leak! This setup holds up well just like tapes and I have some Abri XL4's coming today. They're the largest I've found before going to bariatric sizes. (I've got a bit of a tummy.) All these others say they'll fit my waist but maybe I do need to go up to a large size. I'll keep you posted.

I've though of using super glue, to tighten the sides on a taped diaper. It could catch on fire though so ill have to be careful with the application. Might even do that today and post the results.

failedsystem said:
I've though of using super glue, to tighten the sides on a taped diaper. It could catch on fire though so ill have to be careful with the application. Might even do that today and post the results.

sulerglue (cyanoacrylate) attacks plastics. Make sure you're not wearing the diaper while you try to glue it. It's very possible it could outright dissolve the thin PVC shell.

I have no problems pulling down and up a diaper with tapes when doing so together with an underwear. After pulling up both I once again pull diwn the underwear and adjust the diaper.

Bellybag58 said:
It's a great setup for during the day but at night I use the tapes. Pulling the diaper down over my hips seems to stretch it out and then it doesn't fit right after pulling it back up. And I always wear plastic pants over them. I've never trusted any disposables and for good reason. They leak! This setup holds up well just like tapes and I have some Abri XL4's coming today. They're the largest I've found before going to bariatric sizes. (I've got a bit of a tummy.) All these others say they'll fit my waist but maybe I do need to go up to a large size. I'll keep you posted.

I always say the whole point of a disposable diaper is to do its job and not leak. And if they do, then you need better diapers you can trust won't leak. As mentioned, Abena is know to leak too.

For a slightly larger sizing, take a look at Northshore Megamax or Betterdry. Both are very trustworthy diapers too. Each one fits very differently too, so one will probably work better for you than the other.

Back