You matter so much! Please be careful online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip92

Est. Contributor
Hi everyone,

I need to air my concern towards some of my peers in the community and give them a bit of a reality check around protecting their privacy online.

As we all know, Littlelolikat got doxxed earlier this year which saw her real identity and address posted online and her being “outed” to her parents - a truly abhorrent thing to happen and I hope life has got better for her since.

Despite this, I see many ABDLs online who post pictures and make videos and take absolutely no precautions over protecting their identity and location - The ABDL community is wonderfully inclusive, but there are sadly some people online that would Dox an ABDL just for the thrill of it.

There’s a couple of ABDL’s that frequent both this forum and are on YouTube who even use their own first name and name their hometown - this is really a precarious thing to do in my eyes as all it takes is to do a Facebook search for “Personsname in Town-name” to discover their real identity, friends, family members and workplace”. Naturally, I would NEVER out somebody, but some of you on this forum are far too obvious.

Ask yourself - would you walk into your workplace, a family get together or your local supermarket in just a stinky nappy and be okay with everyone knowing about it? This is essentially what you’re doing and the danger you’re putting yourself in when you post identifiable photos online.
I’ve heard horror stories of people being doxxed by putting ABDL photos into reverse image searches and even the location information being taken off the exif intofrmation on photos.

This is obviously a personal Choice and if you’re fortunate enough to be in a position to be “open” about being an ABDL to everyone - that’s great many of us aren’t and do everything possible to remain anonymous and protect our lives outside of ABDL-ism.

Please be careful and don’t become a victim of these horrible people online - you’re better than that!

Argent

Est. Contributor
OMG I had no idea this happened to her (I don’t know her at all but have watched and loved some of her YT videos.)

:hug: to anyone that needs it.

Been burnt once online and it is not fun to clean it up. Some people on here and other places online are real scumbags and deserve to be banned from using a computer for life! Scumbags that prey on others and exploit the information they get online will get eventually the karma wrath and they will have wished they did not do such nonsense. awful. Now for those who give out their personal information online willy nilly you yourself are to blame for your stupid actions has anyone discusses internet safety but I would fathom you would fall asleep during the discussion and go on being a exhibitionist of your information Karma will be your enemy!
There should be a warning as you log onto the internet. You have the right to remain silent anything you say or do on the internet is at your own risk and peril. By checking this box you agree to be safe on the internet if you violate these terms you will be barred from the internet for your natural born life! Also subject to jail time!

Safariwolf

Est. Contributor
This is a horrible thing to happen and it's just another example that you can do anything on the internet I also didn't know that this happened to her but then again I'm still pretty new to her channel I hope she is doing better stay safe out there everybody

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
I posted something kinda Similar to this on DD before, the sad thing is even though you shouldn't have anything to fear because we are not doing anything harmful or illegal; once you do anything people disagree with -and most people in that position probably wont take any time to energy to learn otherwise; like if you see someone pointing an extremely errant and hateful point of view about Something They experienced and decided to post about on Twitter; you can post your view, but it is likely they will post "I'm right and you are wrong, so I'm not reading your comment", " I'm gonna keep being a Media Hitler".

Some people are just awful people that will not listen to people or learn from experience

unfortunately due to such strong views some people let their opinions dictate their actions strongly, and if they are in some kind of power (like your boss at work for example) they may take learning something about someone they have power over, and decide to abuse that power (like if you get fired and they will state how you did something wrong to deserve getting fired, when you didn't).

It is unfortunate that this is reality, but it is and so all it can take is one slip and someone can effectively ruin your life; I saw a post on Twitter before where a person disliked a joke that person put on twitter; so they found out who the person really was and where they worked at in real life and called that persons boss; to effectively say the guy was a Pedophile and they got canned from the job; what a messed up thing to say/do just because you dislike a joke.

Lykedanappies

Est. Contributor
Thanks for posting your thread concerning safety on the internet and especially for this community. The reality of all this is there are those out there that want to do you harm. I think the majority of this community are very honest and open to what this community represents. We must all be diligent in watching the information we throw out there that others may use against us Thanks Slip92!

Leio

Est. Contributor
Personally,

I never share pictures of myself online and not even pictures of my things. I may be paranoid, but I know the impact of sharing pictures and being outed.

I feel it is a terrible thing to ever out someone; however, people should be mindful of the fact that there are people who take pleasure in doing just that to people. In terms of general internet safety, it's a bad idea to give out personal information such as your real name. Location is a bit more nuanced. You should NEVER give out your work/home address. If you describe your region such as Midwest or even your state, provided your state is big enough, and you don't give out other pieces of information that could be permissible.

In terms of showing pictures, I believe that people should post at their own risk.

VayneAurelius

Est. Contributor
I had no idea myself that Littlelolikat got found out like that. I know of another and her name was KikiBinkie (hopefully I’m spelling it right). She was outed to her family and she had to delete her social media accounts both YouTube and Instagram. It was really was a sad day in the community when that happened and people raged in the comments about the tragedy. She was an adorable girl and just a joy to listen to. Hopefully she’ll be able to return one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Hi everyone,

I need to air my concern towards some of my peers in the community and give them a bit of a reality check around protecting their privacy online.

As we all know, Littlelolikat got doxxed earlier this year which saw her real identity and address posted online and her being “outed” to her parents - a truly abhorrent thing to happen and I hope life has got better for her since.

Despite this, I see many ABDLs online who post pictures and make videos and take absolutely no precautions over protecting their identity and location - The ABDL community is wonderfully inclusive, but there are sadly some people online that would Dox an ABDL just for the thrill of it.

There’s a couple of ABDL’s that frequent both this forum and are on YouTube who even use their own first name and name their hometown - this is really a precarious thing to do in my eyes as all it takes is to do a Facebook search for “Personsname in Town-name” to discover their real identity, friends, family members and workplace”. Naturally, I would NEVER out somebody, but some of you on this forum are far too obvious.

Ask yourself - would you walk into your workplace, a family get together or your local supermarket in just a stinky nappy and be okay with everyone knowing about it? This is essentially what you’re doing and the danger you’re putting yourself in when you post identifiable photos online.
I’ve heard horror stories of people being doxxed by putting ABDL photos into reverse image searches and even the location information being taken off the exif intofrmation on photos.

This is obviously a personal Choice and if you’re fortunate enough to be in a position to be “open” about being an ABDL to everyone - that’s great many of us aren’t and do everything possible to remain anonymous and protect our lives outside of ABDL-ism.

Please be careful and don’t become a victim of these horrible people online - you’re better than that!
Obviously "DOX" must mean outed. But what does D...O...X stand for it is an acronym for something?

CuddleWoozle

Est. Contributor
Obviously "DOX" must mean outed. But what does D...O...X stand for it is an acronym for something?
"Dox" = "Docs" = "Documents"

Meaning they used scant information and clues to reveal real life information about a person online. :3

If you know how, you can actually strip the exif information off of photos.

I very rarely just post raw photos online, they always get yanked into a photo editing software and the information cleaned up. You don't need to know what my aperture setting was on a picture of a couch. If it's photographs for a photography contest or something, yeah, they like to know, but otherwise, it's actually not important.

And it's now stupidly simple to do. Here: https://us.norton.com/internetsecur...and-other-metadata-locations-from-photos.html

And that's how you give a big ol' virtual middle finger to doxxing trolls. :3

(Pretty sure if they did figure out where I live/who I am, I wouldn't give two shits. My family and friends already know I'm pretty oddball, so this would be one more thing that they'd go "OOOOOOh, I see now! This explains you carrying that giant plush caterpillar through the store that time...And why you just HAD to buy it.")

Argent

Est. Contributor
So this happened quite sometime ago right and she is back on YT being herself again?

I really feel for her and having done some googling it sounded like she was outed by a stalker which is just disgusting and pretty terrifying.

I know she has her face and voice on YT but I would have hoped since she posts under a pseudonym people would be happy to interact with her on that level (same as we do here with usernames.)

SpAzpieSweeTot

Est. Contributor

Meaning they used scant information and clues to reveal real life information about a person online. :3

I very rarely just post raw photos online, they always get yanked into a photo editing software and the information cleaned up. You don't need to know what my aperture setting was on a picture of a couch. If it's photographs for a photography contest or something, yeah, they like to know, but otherwise, it's actually not important.

And it's now stupidly simple to do. Here: https://us.norton.com/internetsecur...and-other-metadata-locations-from-photos.html

(Pretty sure if they did figure out where I live/who I am, I wouldn't give two shits. My family and friends already know I'm pretty oddball, so this would be one more thing that they'd go "OOOOOOh, I see now! This explains you carrying that giant plush caterpillar through the store that time...And why you just HAD to buy it.")
I'm simultaneously curious, and, if a giant plushy caterpillar is as adorable as it sounds, jealous, of you right now! I wanna see him! I'd have bought one, too.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Yup. NEVER post anything online that may hurt or expose your personal life. Ever! The biggest problem is those who are not secure in their own lives though. If you truly feel the need to "come out" to the rest of the world, then be absolutely certain you "inner world" already knows. Just more reason to tell those close to your first.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor

Hey CuddleWoozle, I tried this followed the directions to a "T" but it did not remove any of my personal data from the EXIF information. Is there something that I might be missing?

PlotTwist

Est. Contributor
I have an app on my phone, "Exif Viewer", amongst other things, it has a one-button function to strip the exif off a pic and delete the original. Most social media platforms also strip this information (but perhaps not all of it), but not before they use it for their own gains - also, they could change their mind at any time and start providing more info than they did the week before. If you never provide that information to them in the first place, you're better off.

CuddleWoozle

Est. Contributor
Hey CuddleWoozle, I tried this followed the directions to a "T" but it did not remove any of my personal data from the EXIF information. Is there something that I might be missing?
It might only work that way on certain versions of windows. Also, there are two options if it does work, one creates a new copy of the file that has the information removed, the other overwrites the original with the information removed.

The data it removes is only the 'origin' data, not the information about the image itself (IE: Dimensions, width, height, and bit depth) or where it's stored on your computer/what account 'owns' the file.

Calico

Est. Contributor
I just looked her up and she had her face visible. Okay, IMO this is not a smart thing to do but I assume you are taking risks and willing to be found out because you are showing your face and letting others hear your voice literally.

BTW don't most ABDLs use a online name? They may give themselves a pen name. But anyone who knows them in real life could still spot them and recognize them despite their "name."

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
It might only work that way on certain versions of windows. Also, there are two options if it does work, one creates a new copy of the file that has the information removed, the other overwrites the original with the information removed.

The data it removes is only the 'origin' data, not the information about the image itself (IE: Dimensions, width, height, and bit depth) or where it's stored on your computer/what account 'owns' the file.
Thank you CW for following up. I found where my misunderstanding was. I was able to remove all of the EXIF data, but I could not understand why at the bottom it had my computer name and folder directory. But then I realized that is displayed on my computer only. For instance, if I pulled an image that has had the data removed from anywhere, at the bottom of the EXIF data, it would have my computer name as the computer needs the file directory etc to find it.

Thank you again, very helpful.

moosey

quietcutie

Est. Contributor
i got really deep but thankfully my sane self said hol up son, reality check, You need to stop before you wreck yourself. I'm one who is prone to dopamine overload and when i fully embraced this self of mine i kinda went too hard, thankfully nothing surfaced from it and i dodged a bullet. Still im over 18 not living with my parents so its not really a big issue if anyone finds out so, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.