Ugh, we're in the news again

That's not cool. It paints a bad picture of the ABDL community, and it paints a bad picture of those who are legitimately disabled. I can't stand people who would fake a disability.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
I know it's wrong but some people are desperate.
I do feel he should have hired a dominatrix or something like that he could have done that.
But to bring somebody in on a where is not a good thing.
Look at how many abdl can't find somebody so I can understand this happening.
Just some individuals don't make right choices.

Poofybutt

Distinguished Contributor
I always hate when stuff like this comes up. As others have said, it really paints a bad and inaccurate picture of the community at large. I would say that most if not all ABs or DLs are very self-respecting, dignified individuals who indulge in private or who confide in a partner and engage in a consensual caregiver/little relationship. I've heard stories like this before and as far as they go, this one is pretty bad, faking down syndrome and forcing/misleading unwilling participants into changing and bathing him, that's shockingly wrong.

I have posted on similar topics before, I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have to acknowledge that in any community there's gonna be bad apples, I maintain that they do not define us. The best we can do as a community is just this; band together, discuss, frown upon this behaviour and bar people like this from even being associated with the community. This man is NOT the AB/DL community that I know of, he's nothing, he's not even related. This jerk certainly does not reflect the community at large or the way in which all ABs and DLs typically carry on.

The one thing I've noticed with stories like these, is that our community makes a bigger deal out of them than all the normies of the world. In a few weeks time this won't even be hot button news, in fact, I doubt it's even hot button news as it stands now. This will pass and chances are public knowledge of AB/DL won't even be effected by this. Also, if one reads the article, it doesn't mention AB/DL at all, so that's a plus and just another reason why this story won't last or have any major impact.

As a side note, as one poster said, it must take immense desperation for someone to behave and seek gratification in such a dishonest and morally bankrupt way... desperation or just plain issues. I acknowledge that people get desperate within the community, but that doesn't make me understanding of this jackass, what he did was wrong plain and simple and with community forums and venues like Fetlife, there's no reason this has to be the way to meet others and explore this fetish or lifestyle.

Just my two cents :twocents: and I'm happy that many of my fellow ABs and DLs are on a similar line of thinking :)

babyblueblanket

Est. Contributor
Just another scumbag. It would be fun to hold an AB rally outside of his hearing showing support for the victims and out right decree against his behavior.

Last edited:

SpAzpieSweeTot

Est. Contributor
Texas. Why did it have to be Texas? Oh, wait. It's not. Question. How is this national news? I mean, it made the news where I am. I can see it making local news, but, in more than the state it happened in?

Okay. The person who got duped is a moron. You can't fake Down's. It shows. It's genetic. There are facial features, people. Mosaic Down's is harder to spot, because not every gene is effected, but, it's still visible, from the characteristic features.

Now, on to the sneaky, morally bereft, assholes who did the duping. Really? Really? If you're a full time bABy, and you need a sitter, because your BIG can't do it all the time, go through the proper channels, not the disability ones, you lying asses!

The thing that bugs me is, he needn't have been a bad apple. He was, and is, obviously, a very much hurting, needy apple. That's what other sites are for. I know this need. If any AB came to me with a need like this, once I really got to know him, I'd help, assuming he had at least enough spine to be honest with me.

Last edited:

quietcutie

Est. Contributor
Just another scumbag. It would be fun to hold an AB rally outside of his hearing showing support for the victims and out right decree against his behavior.
probably not a good idea. Public opinion is already low enough as is and we weren't even mentioned in the article. We would just be associating are selves with this case instead of just this guy.

probably not a good idea. Public opinion is already low enough as is and we weren't even mentioned in the article. We would just be associating are selves with this case instead of just this guy.
Fun to dream. But in all honesty it would be showing the community that we don't align with what this sicko was doing.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
From what I read from the article he called the people that eventually ended up bathing and changing him as his own mother or something and said that her son (him) had down syndrome and needed people to do those things for him.

dogboy

This ran in The Washington Post today. I seem to remember a very similar story from several years ago. I wonder if this guy remembered that as well. Anyway, they all sound like idiots.

Uggu

Est. Contributor
I could have sworn I read exactly a post somewhere (Not sure if here) about a guy bragging for doing that same thing but his friend was the one hiring the people... wonder if it was him... 🤔

Drifter

Top Contributor
15 or 20 years ago there was a young woman on a talk show, I think it was Phil Donahue's show, that had the same kind of experience. She only got a few of minutes of air time but they showed her holding a diaper and announced she had a strange story to tell just before they went to a commercial. When they resumed she told how a man had hired her to take care of his mentally disabled 'brother' while he was at work. She lived with her parents and her 'patient' would be dropped off near the house and knock on the door. She never saw who dropped him off. The man acted like a baby and watched cartoons most of the day. She changed his diapers several times a day, sometimes in the presence of her parents. The woman and her parents were suspicious of the arrangement from the start and the man was soon busted.

ZenOfBourbon

Est. Contributor
*waves hands*

No, no no no. WE are not in the news, a creepy idiot is in the news.
Well said!

I’m always reminded of Eddie Izzard at times like this:

“And yeah, also, if you’re a transvestite, you get lumped into that weirdo grouping... Like J. Edgar Hoover ... They found out when he died that he was a transvestite and they go, “Well, that explains his weird behav – ” yeah, he was a f*cking weirdo transvestite! I’m an executive transvestite.”

News like this certainly doesn’t help make the world a kink positive place, but there will always be assholes in this world of all stripes. The only thing we can do as a community is make this distinction. We are *not* like this guy; and nothing about what we like has anything to do with what he did. He manipulated others into doing what he wanted sexually. The fact that he liked diapers and age play is inconsequential.

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
*waves hands*

I agree with you for this particular example. However, I do feel like our community could benefit from calling out the creepers more.

I mean pick a random abdl related YouTube vid and read the comments. They're everywhere. At the very least we could try get them to understand the concept of appropriateness and when things are just tmi.

BenTennyson

Est. Contributor
*waves hands*

Just what I was thinking! At first...

Lets be realistic about stuff, folks. You know, how the majority of the population ticks. "OOoooohh that creep is a diaper lover. I always knew these diaper lovers are mental!" Thats what people think. If he had been a right or left activist with an Excel-fetish, they'd think the same about THAT part of the population.

Calico

Est. Contributor
How hard is it to just post a Craigslist ad saying you want a AB caretaker? Just say you are an AB and you want a AB babysitter or care taker and pay them to take care of you. Anyone who is looking for a gig or needing some extra money, this job will be perfect for them.