Which special new feature(s) would you like added to your favourite diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxe

Est. Contributor
Nothing in this world is perfect - including our favourite diapers! What's top of your wish list for improvements to the diaper that you already think is the best? It could be anything from a personalised waistband to a built-in espresso machine (OK, maybe that one's not so practical!).

My favourite diaper at the moment is the Betterdry and there's nothing very much I would change about it in itself. But I'd love to try adding leg cuffs that come a few inches down the thigh like short bloomers. I've seen a plastic backed diaper with a basic version of this, years ago; perhaps someone can tell me what it was? DACT - the diaper designed specially for women astronauts - had amazing leg cuffs with velcro tapes. I would also try the same thing for the waistband - a high adjustable band that can be taped for a snug fit independently of the side tapes.

These extra seals would help avoid leaks when wetting in less-than-ideal positions such as sitting and lying, or rather, catch any leaks from the main part of the diaper itself, in the reserve padding between that and the cuff.
Probably not commercially viable but I'd pay extra for them.

What's your gimmick?

MailCat581

Est. Contributor
To keep it simple; I'd like my favorite diapers to have leak guards at the waist on both ends. This way no pee escapes out of the front of the diaper or rear.

To keep it simple; I'd like my favorite diapers to have leak guards at the waist on both ends. This way no pee escapes out of the front of the diaper or rear.
Just playing devil's advocate here - I don't think it works that way. The reason the leak guards work in the crotch is they direct the pee up and down (mostly down) the padding. All a front leak guard is going to do is try to keep it from advancing. I just don't see that as being as effective, since it already came from that direction and didn't get absorbed previously. It just doesn't seem very likely to be able to get absorbed on a second try. (if the padding up front is already wet anyway)

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Just playing devil's advocate here - I don't think it works that way. The reason the leak guards work in the crotch is they direct the pee up and down (mostly down) the padding. All a front leak guard is going to do is try to keep it from advancing. I just don't see that as being as effective, since it already came from that direction and didn't get absorbed previously. It just doesn't seem very likely to be able to get absorbed on a second try. (if the padding up front is already wet anyway)
But if you point up, and flood the diaper, it's easy to leak over the top. Having a top front leak guard would prevent it from advancing and direct that pee back down. And when laying down on your side a top front leak guard would direct your pee back to the padding. Standing or sitting you'd be right though. A top leak guard would probably be pointless.

Also, a top back leak guard would be good for helping to prevent poop blow outs for those who need it. It could possibly help with laying on your back and flooding too. Though not as likely, it is possible for enough pee to run all the way past the back waist band before getting absorbed by the padding. It could help, maybe.

ieyasu

Est. Contributor
I agree that "Waist Guards" wouldn't be helpful while sitting or standing but I think that they could help prevent leaks while laying down.

-Ieyasu

PaddedBrony

Est. Contributor
I can name a few things:

Elastic stretchy side panels, like baby diapers
Double leak guards/leg gatherers
More swelling capability
More realistic prints (I know it’s tough because of copyright laws, but I’d imagine companies can get a little closer to true baby diaper prints without going overboard)
More commercially available (Another tough thing, but it’d be nice if there were more brick and mortar stores to buy from)

Argent

Est. Contributor
For existing diapers the only change I would make are to SDKs/Lavender/Cushies by adding the front waistband the same as Kiddos by ABU.

If asked a few years ago though I certainly would have said add a taping panel to the Kolibri Comslip and preferably one large tape per side as an upgrade/update to the old second chance/double tape system.

AnimeDude892

Est. Contributor
I would love to see them making more diapers that are thicker and more bulkier and adding some fade when wet designs.

tomviper000

Est. Contributor
I would like the stretchy sides (that don’t stretch too far for their given size like the magnificos do) with refastenable tapes.
Also, an diaper with a built in scent that is actually nice to smell and covers up any odors, and/or a wet activated scent.

Andybun

Est. Contributor
I just wish that manufacturers would keep one brand full plastic covered such as Attends Special Care or Tena Active Fit and do not mix up plastic backed with 'breathable' sidewings.
That said, I want my full plastic backed Abri X Plus back

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
I will say that one thing I like about Crinklz, is that they are targeted towards special needs children and adults, not the ABDL population. What I would like to see with ABUniverse and Bambino, is more openness in acknowledging that about 80% of their market is for the special needs population. Caregivers browse sites like this, to gather more data and read reviews on which brand is the best for their situation. I really hate to see such wonderful offerings that end up with a tarnished reputation due to their exploitation by some groups that have no interest in helping the truly needy. ABUniverse has a great opportunity to reach out to caregivers who need, and want a better alternative than what the big medical companies sell. If ABUniverse can get a better share of the market, without making ANY changes to their SDK diapers, then I can be assured of a regular supply to meet my daily needs. And of course, the closet groups will also get their slice of the pie and be happy as well.

Paxe

Est. Contributor
That's a good idea, a lot of people seem to be in that size range and complain about medium being too small, or getting leaks with large because the leg openings are too big, etc.

My holy grail of advanced features is the completely sealed diaper from which messy smells cannot escape. A small activated charcoal filter patch could be used to ensure pressure stays equalised and allow any wind to escape slowly. The diaper would have to seal to the skin with some adhesive system, that would need careful skin prep and fitting. It would probably be expensive and complicated, but incredibly liberating and convenient. Those of you who often use your diaper for BMs, imagine being able to do them whenever you feel the need, anywhere, any time, even with other people around.

I experimented with this once and found a way of sealing plastic pants to my body reliably. Although it was slow and cumbersome, it was very secure and truly airtight. I pledged to re-seal at every change until a natural need for a BM occurred, and to fill the nappy there and then. I was in the supermarket when the urge came, I just stood there and messed in the nappy like a toddler would. Total success... no-one noticed, there was no hint of a smell and I was able to carry on with my shopping trip and clean it up when I got back to base.

So it's possible, if not yet really practical. I would prefer the feature to be built into the nappy rather than the plastic pants, as they could then serve as a backup. Also, I would love fitting all the extra tapes and seals and things at change time, How much would I pay for them? Well, I can usually predict which nappies are going to get messed in, so I would only wear them when likely to need a mess away from home. E.g. The morning mess could be done in a regular nappy as the smell doesn't matter, and a nappy change during an evening out when I have already had two messy ones during the day, is usually only wet. That means only one, or maybe two at the most, smell-proof nappies needed per day, so a few bucks extra each would be bearable on the occasions that I wanted the extra freedom.

Anyone else like the idea of this?

quietcutie

Est. Contributor
That's a good idea, a lot of people seem to be in that size range and complain about medium being too small, or getting leaks with large because the leg openings are too big, etc.

My holy grail of advanced features is the completely sealed diaper from which messy smells cannot escape. A small activated charcoal filter patch could be used to ensure pressure stays equalised and allow any wind to escape slowly. The diaper would have to seal to the skin with some adhesive system, that would need careful skin prep and fitting. It would probably be expensive and complicated, but incredibly liberating and convenient. Those of you who often use your diaper for BMs, imagine being able to do them whenever you feel the need, anywhere, any time, even with other people around.

I experimented with this once and found a way of sealing plastic pants to my body reliably. Although it was slow and cumbersome, it was very secure and truly airtight. I pledged to re-seal at every change until a natural need for a BM occurred, and to fill the nappy there and then. I was in the supermarket when the urge came, I just stood there and messed in the nappy like a toddler would. Total success... no-one noticed, there was no hint of a smell and I was able to carry on with my shopping trip and clean it up when I got back to base.

So it's possible, if not yet really practical. I would prefer the feature to be built into the nappy rather than the plastic pants, as they could then serve as a backup. Also, I would love fitting all the extra tapes and seals and things at change time, How much would I pay for them? Well, I can usually predict which nappies are going to get messed in, so I would only wear them when likely to need a mess away from home. E.g. The morning mess could be done in a regular nappy as the smell doesn't matter, and a nappy change during an evening out when I have already had two messy ones during the day, is usually only wet. That means only one, or maybe two at the most, smell-proof nappies needed per day, so a few bucks extra each would be bearable on the occasions that I wanted the extra freedom.

Anyone else like the idea of this?
i wish, they cant even do that for baby diapers. I mean it would be awsome to mess anywhere and not worry about one of the biggest tells. But i can deal with a tight fitting diaper and finding a place to change quickly if i plan to mess. I don't like to mess in public anyways so its not really a concern for me anywho

417PlacesToGo

Est. Contributor
I want manufacturers to realise that big people need longer wings, not just a longer diaper lengthwise. The problem big people have with fit is that the wings aren't long enough for tabs to actually reach landing zones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

angelicprince

Est. Contributor
I would add scent to my diapers specifically the scent of luvs diapers as that is what I wore as a baby and the smell just helps me get into little space. (I even have my stuffie in them sometimes she wears a size 2)
I would also like to add some cartoon prints to them or fade when wet designs that are not just in a single strip along the middle of the diaper.

N

NeverKnow

I'd like to see Dry 24/7s with higher rise, larger padding area, shorter elastic, and a babyish print. (You may be thinking that Dry 24/7s already have a high rise and a lot of padding. That is true, but they fit closer to the size up than what they are marketed as.)

Otherwise I'd like to see more "between sizes" diapers.

As you can tell my main problem is sizing.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
I wonder when ABUniverse will do a Little Pawz Ultra, because the PeekABU seems nice and that added swelling and absorbency would be nice if it was added to their other Diapers.

NorthShoreAdam

Rep for NorthShore
Company Rep
But if you point up, and flood the diaper, it's easy to leak over the top. Having a top front leak guard would prevent it from advancing and direct that pee back down. And when laying down on your side a top front leak guard would direct your pee back to the padding. Standing or sitting you'd be right though. A top leak guard would probably be pointless.

Also, a top back leak guard would be good for helping to prevent poop blow outs for those who need it. It could possibly help with laying on your back and flooding too. Though not as likely, it is possible for enough pee to run all the way past the back waist band before getting absorbed by the padding. It could help, maybe.
Anyone tried "Baby Backups" to prevent blowouts? Curious if they really work. See http://www.babybackups.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.