Not open for further replies.

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Did anyone else see any psychedelic or "trippy" cartoons as a child? ("Yellow Submarine" certainly deserves a mention…)

My little mind was left reeling after what followed Rupert and the Frog Song (which is absolutely adorable, btw!) on the same VHS:

[video=youtube;XkDKB7aYW8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDKB7aYW8w[/video]

Anyone see this or anything similar as a kid?

Wow... I think I need to let that one swim around in my head for a bit now

No one else saw this as a kid??? o.o;

The Heffalump and Woozle part of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is pretty 'Trippy' and I can tell you that it scared the living bejuzus out of me when I was little. I always made my mom fast forward that part while I closed my eyes.

LittleAndrea said:
The Heffalump and Woozle part of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is pretty 'Trippy' and I can tell you that it scared the living bejuzus out of me when I was little. I always made my mom fast forward that part while I closed my eyes.

That scene scared me too! It was downright creepy. To be fair, it didn't disturb me half as much as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which to my younger self was just flat-out twisted. Amongst the moral lessons, "Don't eat too much chocolate… or you'll be drowned in it!!" Eeep. o.o;

Trevor said:
I missed this but it seems you're not alone in being affected by it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/orientalnightfish/

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for sharing the link; I avoid Facebook so I would not have noticed…

Am I the only one on ADISC whose childhood was "haunted" by The Oriental Nightfish? o.o;

Sapphyre said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for sharing the link; I avoid Facebook so I would not have noticed…

Am I the only one on ADISC whose childhood was "haunted" by The Oriental Nightfish? o.o;

I'm not a Facebook user myself but searching on the song title turned up a wiki article and that article mentioned a website. I expect the Facebook version is the most recent version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back