Idea: AB/DL Guide for Outsiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight99

Est. Contributor
So, I had an idea that I've been playing around with. We all can talk until we're blue in the face about how people see us, how we wish we were seen, and how we wish people would open their minds just a little bit more. Well, being that this is the only real AB/DL site on the internet, I think we should make a guide for outsiders on what AB/DL life really is. This isn't it, this is really just a brainstorming space. Basically, I just want some opinions on this, as well as maybe some input on what should or shouldn't be included. Being that some people wouldn't immediately accept their loved one being AB/DL, try to think of what would be comforting for the outsider and explanatory without becoming unpalatable.

I'll need some help from the bosses on here, too. Could you please keep this forum open indefinitely? Being that someone might have an idea even after the cut-off point, the closing of this forum would serve as an inconvenience to them and may keep a good idea from everyone else. Also, is there anyway for an outsider to ask a question, and could that be enabled on said guide page? I'm sure there's at least one person who has joined ADISC just to ask questions about their loved one, and even though I feel the site's content shows that there's nothing wrong with being an AB/DL, there's a very good chance an outsider would feel the exact opposite. And while I'm asking technical questions, if a troll or a shitposter hits, could you delete that post without deleting the entire thread?

Feel free to throw your two cents in everyone! This could really help a lot of people out!

beeble88

Contributor
Great idea. Recently started seeing an open minded daddy type and he's keen to learn more but I am terrible at expressing myself. I haven't come across a repository of info that ticked all the boxes and is as simple as sending over a link.

cannamommy

Est. Contributor
I fall under the "outsider" category, while I struggled to understand, wrap my head around and otherwise accept this ABDL side of my fiance it was very difficult for me in the beginning. It was not untill recently that I have been coming around to all of this.

I myself have asked "moo" if there could be a forum for "mommy's" carers or otherwise for us to talk to each other and for the added support of what some of you would like to ask someone of being on the other side of this. I am in full support to expand this community for both sides of the table.

I think this is a great idea! What helped me in the first few weeks after my boyfriend told me about it was just asking sooooo many questions, and reading random stuff I found online, which eventually lead me here. He couldn't answer all my questions, and I think your idea of creating a guide for outsiders would be so helpful to a lot of people, even helpful to people in the community who are trying/wanting to tell their partners. (Even just compiling a bunch of internet sources that would make research a little easier for outsiders. Or has something like this already been done?)

cannamommy

Est. Contributor
I think this is a great idea! What helped me in the first few weeks after my boyfriend told me about it was just asking sooooo many questions, and reading random stuff I found online, which eventually lead me here. He couldn't answer all my questions, and I think your idea of creating a guide for outsiders would be so helpful to a lot of people, even helpful to people in the community who are trying/wanting to tell their partners. (Even just compiling a bunch of internet sources that would make research a little easier for outsiders. Or has something like this already been done?)
I think that compiling a list of useful material would be great. I know that I landed on some not so pleasant things while researching ABDL on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.