Favorite Little Space Movie!

SillyLiam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Anyone have any favorite movies they watch while in little space?? Mine would either be The Lion King or Balto at the moment! :biggrin:

I just watched Boss Baby in little space and loved it! it's on Netflix if you want to watch it :)

Mine definitely is "The very hungry caterpillar"! I used to watch it all the time as a kid, and it has several short movies on the DVD that all fascinate me when I'm Little. Especially the one where a little girl asks her dad to bring her the moon from the sky so she can play with it, and he does everything he can to try and fulfill her wish.

Though if we're talking longer movies, Finding Nemo is pretty awesome. Moana is a recent favourite, but it doesn't make me feel quite as Little.

There's also something that I am sure never got translated from German: "Urmel aus dem Eis". There's this company called Augsburger Puppenkiste, and you know how there are marionette theatres for kids? Their movies are made with marionettes. Urmel aus dem Eis is a story with a slightly crazy scientist who taught animals how to speak, but all of the animals he taught have some kind of speech issue, like a lisp or not being able to pronounce the "R" and it makes for a lot of running gags. Urmel is a prehistoric dinosaur hatched from an egg that was frozen and somehow landed on the island where all the other animals and the scientist live. But there's a hunter who wants to hunt Urmel for his collection of rare animals, so they have to hide Urmel, but he's just a baby so he doesn't understand the concept of hiding.

I just watched Boss Baby in little space and loved it! it's on Netflix if you want to watch it :)

Oooh that's a hard one but I have to say I love watching alpha and omega wolves are my fav animal

This is not little space but just thinking about it takes me back to PJ in the front (bench) car seat at the Rosemead drive in watching jungle book when it came out in 65'

Not so much in to being little but "Chicken Run", & "Muppet Treasure Island" spin up in my DVD player several times a year. Anything Muppets or Despicable I'll re watch too.

I have no idea lol. I wanna say Toy Story, but I don't really watch that in Little Space too much, so I guess I'll go with Elmo's Adventures in Grouch Land lol. XD

Schwanensee said:
There's also something that I am sure never got translated from German: "Urmel aus dem Eis". There's this company called Augsburger Puppenkiste, and you know how there are marionette theatres for kids? Their movies are made with marionettes. Urmel aus dem Eis is a story with a slightly crazy scientist who taught animals how to speak, but all of the animals he taught have some kind of speech issue, like a lisp or not being able to pronounce the "R" and it makes for a lot of running gags. Urmel is a prehistoric dinosaur hatched from an egg that was frozen and somehow landed on the island where all the other animals and the scientist live. But there's a hunter who wants to hunt Urmel for his collection of rare animals, so they have to hide Urmel, but he's just a baby so he doesn't understand the concept of hiding.

I want to watch that. It sounds really really cute!

I'm going to have to add it to my "Find these German cartoons/kids shows" when I get more vocabulary under my belt. I discovered Fix & Foxi recently, too. It has an English translation, though, so I can cheat if I don't understand something.

(I'm wondering if my method of watching little kid shows in the language I'm trying to learn is a novel approach or not...I know a lot of people will watch familiar movies that were dubbed, but I don't know about kids' stuff. XD )

[Edit]

It looks like it was remade in English as "Impy's Island". But I kinda don't wanna see a remake, I wanna see the marionettes!

I'm what you might call old school. I love the old Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner, Yoggy & Bo Bo... All the Saturday morning stuff from back when.
In the Pixar stuff, I'm partial to the Shrek movies, and Frozen.

- - - Updated - - -

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
And I love the Evil Minions!

CuddleWoozle said:
I want to watch that. It sounds really really cute!

I'm going to have to add it to my "Find these German cartoons/kids shows" when I get more vocabulary under my belt. I discovered Fix & Foxi recently, too. It has an English translation, though, so I can cheat if I don't understand something.

(I'm wondering if my method of watching little kid shows in the language I'm trying to learn is a novel approach or not...I know a lot of people will watch familiar movies that were dubbed, but I don't know about kids' stuff. XD )

[Edit]

It looks like it was remade in English as "Impy's Island". But I kinda don't wanna see a remake, I wanna see the marionettes!

I'll have to check that remake out, but you're right, nothing beats the originals.

Me and a few of my friends sometimes watch Chinese children't movies to practice our Chinese, because the language is very simple and the stories are easy to follow. So not that novel, but still a great approach^^
This particular one might be hard for a non-native speaker though, because all of them have speech impediments. I watched it with someone who already spoke German pretty well, and she found it very difficult to understand. Might be great practice for understanding accents though!
The same company made several more movies, for example Jim Button. I know, there's an animated series and a live action movie now, but that one was the original as far as I'm aware. The language is much easier to understand, and it's still an awesome movie.

Tangled!! :eek:

CuddleWoozle said:

Although I have no first-hand knowledge, I seem to remember reading at some point in the past that many people do use cartoons or other children shows to learn another language. These shows typically stay with common situations and therefore common phrases/vocabulary and would make a good tutor.

How about the movie, "Flushed Away"?

- - - Updated - - -

ESPF said:
I'm what you might call old school. I love the old Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner, Yoggy & Bo Bo... All the Saturday morning stuff from back when.
In the Pixar stuff, I'm partial to the Shrek movies, and Frozen.

- - - Updated - - -

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
And I love the Evil Minions!

A good old movie is "Chitty-Chitty, Bang-Bang".

I tend to watch quite a variety of cartoons when feeling little-ish… but if I had to pick a favorite, I might vote for Rainbow Brite and The Star Stealer. ^.^

Snowball Express is my fav but I watch a ton of different ones.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm more likely to watch a more grown-up movie and have a little response then I am to watch a children's movie. Even though I have almost every Disney movie and I plan on watching one as a little one day, the reaction I'd have to them as a little is almost identical to the reaction I have as an adult. However, a lot of adult movies might scare little me, and I'd need someone to cuddle with during and after the movie. However, being that you guys recommended movies that I either grew up with or was interested in watching for a long time, I'll definitely check some of those out! Maybe little me will check them out, too!

I have this old tape with soap operas on it, and there's tons of toy commercials on there. I instantly went from 19 to 3 whenever I saw one of those commercials. And I really went crazy when a Toys R Us commercial came on!

I love watching any of the pokemon movies! xD

Back