how to manage about the smell in fecal icontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxx

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When I have a mayor accident in my diaper while I'm at my home, it's ok. But when I have a poop in my diaper while out of home, the smell makes me feel embarased and to avoid being to near to other people who could notice the smell and then of course take a closer look at me and notice the bulk under my shorts or jeans, when that happens in my neighborhood I feel really embarased; but if it happens in a big storehouse or supermarket away from the small village where I live, I don't mind about the smell and the bulk, and sometimes I even find it exciting and like it when a girl or woman notices I'm wearing a full diaper.
Somebody else here likes it too, that others notice they are wearing a diaper?

Depending what I'm going to do, what people I'm going to see or my mood that day, sometimes I use loose fit pants, but other times I like to wear clear blue jeans with such a cut there is very notiveable I'm wearing a diaper.

I allways use plastic pants, and it helps a bit to conceal the smell, but at sitting down (in the bus, train or closed room) there is nothing one can do, outside looking down or looking like nothing happens. I tryed to use parfum but it makes it even worse.

ask all your dr's about useing nullo this is a pill that works with your insides to take the stink away from your poo and maybe even your pee

dawayne, thank you for your advice, I have googled it and there are several companies who ship that product overseas.
Definitvelly I will try it out, I hope it works well with my issue of odor due fecal incontinence. Thank you!

nullo definetly helps, as do the plastic pants,

rennecfox said:
nullo definetly helps, as do the plastic pants,

Plastic pants aren’t the best option for incontinent people.

Sophy said:
Plastic pants aren’t the best option for incontinent people.

I've found that to not be true. A good diaper cover worn over a disposable diaper absolutely will help reduce any smells, as well as helping to contain any leaks and make you notice them before they become outwardly noticable. I highly recommend pul over plastic though.

Slomo said:
I've found that to not be true. A good diaper cover worn over a disposable diaper absolutely will help reduce any smells, as well as helping to contain any leaks and make you notice them before they become outwardly noticable. I highly recommend pul over plastic though.

I tried them too and they’re in my opinion just uncomfortable and easy to notice.

Sophy said:
I tried them too and they’re in my opinion just uncomfortable and easy to notice.

It depends on which type and brand you use. I too found plastic pants to be uncomfortable. They made me sweat, stuck to my skin, and the elastics dug into my skin a little too. Plus, some brands were wuite loud, cleaning them was a pain and they wouldn't last more than 6 months.

But that doesn't mean all diaper covers are like that. Have your tried PUL diaper covers? My personal favorite is the gary activewear pul pants. They are very comfortable and very durable too. Plus, they have a nylon cloth the polyurethane waterproofing is laminated to, so they are gery quiet.

Slomo said:
It depends on which type and brand you use. I too found plastic pants to be uncomfortable. They made me sweat, stuck to my skin, and the elastics dug into my skin a little too. Plus, some brands were wuite loud, cleaning them was a pain and they wouldn't last more than 6 months.

But that doesn't mean all diaper covers are like that. Have your tried PUL diaper covers? My personal favorite is the gary activewear pul pants. They are very comfortable and very durable too. Plus, they have a nylon cloth the polyurethane waterproofing is laminated to, so they are gery quiet.

No I didn’t try them and thanks for the advice but I’m fine just wearing the diaper.

Unfortunately, fecal smells are unpleasant and very noticableeven waering waterproof pants over your nappy. There are various prescription and non prescription items you can take that will help reduce the smell, these includer chlorophyll tablets. But talk to your Doctor or Continence advisor first. they may suggest something like an anal irrigation system such as the Peristeen system ( https://www.coloplast.co.uk/peristeen-anal-irrigation-system-en-gb.aspx) which will help stop you voiding during the day and is self administered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back