10-year-old girl told by Nintendo fitness game she is fat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Back in my days of being a 10 year old, it was the job of one's classmate to tell some kids that they were fat...and they did that for free! Nowadays, you have to buy a Wee and some expensive game to get the same results.

Look at where humanity is heading!

Peachy

D

daria7483

This is already going on in public schools. My co-worker got a note home from her 9-year-old's school nurse saying she was overweight according to her BMI. Her daughter is very muscular (I've met her) and athletic but nobody would look at her and think she's fat.

But these people can't really claim their kid is "stocky but not overweight" without a doctor's opinion. BMI is generally regarded as the most accurate way to assess weight, but the calculators I've seen warn that it isn't meant for anyone under 18, and athletes or other very muscular people can be overweight according to BMI but have very low fat ratios. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and also requires more calories to maintain.

Anyway, if you're someone who is concerned about your fitness enough, and affluent enough, to purchase a Wii and this game, then you probably already know whether you're at a healthy weight. Wii was just trying to add some other feature onto the game. I think they are taking this too seriously. Besides, whatever happened to parents monitoring the games their kids play or doing a little research before buying the game? If they didn't like the BMI calculator they could've not bought it, or made her skip past that part.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
If a video game is calling you fat you know something is wrong... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.